Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Friday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta say having had a bit of a read up I'm liking the look of TB, at the prices he seems to offer the value

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
      Gotta say having had a bit of a read up I'm liking the look of TB, at the prices he seems to offer the value
      I lumped on him again today with Betfair 16/1 nrnb.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
        I lumped on him again today with Betfair 16/1 nrnb.

MG - have you watched his race back when 2nd to Out Sam? Take a look at his blunder 3 out, that blunder would have ended most horses race but he picked himself back up to pass TeaForTwo, it's only the good horses that can recover from situations like that.

Comment

MG - have you watched his race back when 2nd to Out Sam? Take a look at his blunder 3 out, that blunder would have ended most horses race but he picked himself back up to pass TeaForTwo, it's only the good horses that can recover from situations like that.
          And we know what Teafortwo is capable of, when given a realistic weight

Comment

And we know what Teafortwo is capable of, when given a realistic weight
            TB gave OS 8lbs and TFT 3lbs that day. I just watched the race back again now and his nose was basically down.

Comment

Martello Tower is one we should be considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                Martello Tower is one we should be considering.
                Aother acca horse I'd forgotten about, I'm gonna be running out of money

Comment

TB course form a big factor, 16-1 looks good value and the extra trip the making of him according to the trainer.

Comment

My Friday Picks at the prices

Top Notch
                    Martello
                    Djakadam
                    Ned Buntine

I think the case for all made on the race threads (thinly veiled too lazy do a FJ Spotlight).

FWIW I think AP s last Festival ride will be Ned Buntline. I'd probably prefer Carbs but it would be nice to have the first 3 legs up and a nice cash out option on Friday when they steam into him.

Comment

OV could you use the Twitter account to drum up a bit of interest ? You could try get people to tweet their tips with hashtag #cheltfestL15

Comment

Arbre De Vie is an interesting Mullins horse. Does anyone know which race he will be going for?

Comment

Did you see the clip on TB this morning on TML?

Comment

MMG - Lessey mentioned Chesterfield in the County Hurdle thread. Worth considering if you think this JF flat horse will handle the track. Better ground should suit but ground doesn't seem an issue.

Comment

MMG - Lessey mentioned Chesterfield in the County Hurdle thread. Worth considering if you think this JF flat horse will handle the track. Better ground should suit but ground doesn't seem an issue.
                              Cheers LR, I'll have a look, I didn't see the morning line peice this morning but the more I've looked I have to say I like the look of Martello Tower, at this stage I have it between this one and TB

Comment

Right fellas, I've got this narrowed down to three now so if you could pick a preference we can go with the most popular one for the Friday leg of the yankee.

Martello Tower
                                Holywell
                                Thomas Brown

It's a shame to leave any out as good arguments have been put forward for all three but we'll get a chance to use most of the suggestions made across all the yankee threads in the ATR tips challenge, we can think about that next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X