Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Thursday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
    Fehily confirms Zarkandar mount

Noel Fehily has confirmed that his Ladbrokes World Hurdle ride will be Zarkandar rather than the horse he has won a Champion Hurdle on, Rock On Ruby.

Fehily is contracted to ride for Zarkandar's owner, Chris Giles, and while that means he is on the Gold Cup favourite Silviniaco Conti, he has to give up the mount on his favourite horse.

Speaking to Betfred TV, Fehily said: "I will be riding Zarkandar, I'm contracted to the owners.

"Obviously it's something I hoped wouldn't happen, that the two would clash, but they are going to clash and I'm having to ride Zarkandar because of my commitment to the owners.

"It's not a bad dilemma to be in as they are two very good horses, hopefully Zarkandar can go and win.

Profiles Zarkandar
    "It's something I haven't been looking forward to as I love Rock On Ruby and he's done wonders for my career and he's going in the form of his life. He has a massive chance, but I also think Zarkandar has a massive chance.

"They have the same rating, they've raced four times and it's two each, there's nothing between them."
    Well I hope for his sake Zarkandar turns up otherwise he's pissed off a set of loyal owners for nothing, would have thought it prudent to wait. Maybe he's been put under pressure to say though, you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
      Well I hope for his sake Zarkandar turns up otherwise he's pissed off a set of loyal owners for nothing, would have thought it prudent to wait. Maybe he's been put under pressure to say though, you never know.
      No he hasn't. He is contractually obliged to ride Zarkandar. He had no choice in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytentoryours View Post
        No he hasn't. He is contractually obliged to ride Zarkandar. He had no choice in the matter.
        Fair enough, I 've backed ROR and still fancy his chance more than Zarkandar, there will be some good Irish jocks twiddling their thumbs between rides so I don't think it's going to be a problem getting a top man on board, maybe Mark Walsh will get a chance to show the english racegoers why he's lined up for all the top JP rides

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
          Fair enough, I 've backed ROR and still fancy his chance more than Zarkandar, there will be some good Irish jocks twiddling their thumbs between rides so I don't think it's going to be a problem getting a top man on board, maybe Mark Walsh will get a chance to show the english racegoers why he's lined up for all the top JP rides
          AP McCoy will ride.

Comment

Mark Walsh broke his arm today.

Comment

If you're going EW with the Yankee both ROR and AS are good for a place. ROR Chelt form would swing the decision for me, though AS is my banker for the meet.

Comment

My Thurdsay picks are

Rock on Ruby
                Edeymi
                Ma Filleuile
                Any Currency

The case for all except AC made on the other threads. Like the Keighley horse based on course form and fine season they are having.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                  Mark Walsh broke his arm today.
                  Another one bites the dust, looking more like AP providing he's not claimed for AFC

Comment

Just giving this thread a bump.

Comment

Thanks LR.

OV are we going only considering runners at or above 8/1 for the yankee as originally discussed?

Comment

Originally posted by Lessey View Post
                        Thanks LR.

OV are we going only considering runners at or above 8/1 for the yankee as originally discussed?
                        8/1 only meant to be a guide. You decide

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry it's late but off to a conference in the U.S. tomorrow so been trying to pack!

I've narrowed it down to 5 based on multiple suggestions across the thread.

1. Rock on Ruby - not sure I'm as keen without Fehily
                          2. Apache Stronghold
                          3. Valseur Lido - confirmed for JLT now pretty much
                          4. Un temps pour tout
                          5. Edeymi

Personally Unless someone is dead set on him I'm going to discount RoR because of losing his jock.

I personally like Valseur Lido and UTPT the most but will go with the majority. So place your votes for one of those 4 below and whichever has the most at 10:30am tomorrow will be the chosen steed. (Flight leaves at 11:20)

Comment

My vote is for Valseur Lido

Comment

Agreed. Looks excellent value.

Comment

Lessey, at the end of the day the selections are down to you and for the FJ members to follow, it's the name of the game. I think they are great choices without ROR and I am happy to go with them.

If these are your final selections I will go ahead and place my Yankee bet in the morning.:encouragement

Comment

Working...
                                X