Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Wednesday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprinter was a superstar,one of the best ever, I was surprised the team didnt retire him immediately after thar Kempton race, I suppose tgey were hoping he wud come back, just hope hes ok after that today.

Comment

Another very bad day for the FJ Yankee.

Comment

My single results today.

Parlour Games Neptune Place
        The Young Master RSA Lost
        Lac Fontana Coral Cup Lost
        Bear's Affair Coral Cup Lost
        Aux Ptits Soins Coral Cup Won
        Volnay De Thaix Coral Cup Place
        Dodging Bullets QMCC Won
        Quantitativeeasing Cross Country lost
        Hostile Fire Fred Winter lost
        Moon Racer Champion Bumber won

Comment

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
          Sprinter was a superstar,one of the best ever, I was surprised the team didnt retire him immediately after thar Kempton race, I suppose tgey were hoping he wud come back, just hope hes ok after that today.
          would have been extremely bad form to make that announcement and take the limelight from the winner.

I expect the announcement to be made over the next few weeks.

Comment

Massively disappointed with Sprinter. Somersby has hardly improved at 11 so a poor enough renewal. Dodging has been the form horse all year. Liam called it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
              Massively disappointed with Sprinter. Somersby has hardly improved at 11 so a poor enough renewal. Dodging has been the form horse all year. Liam called it.
              I would agree that this was a poor renewal, with Somersby finishing so close, he's been a good horse but never a great one. I was listening to Ruby yesterday and he was asked which horse he would chose to ride now CF was out and he immediately said Dodging Bullets, that prompted me to have a few quid on thankfully. They mentioned SS to him and his answer was that he would love to see a return of the old Sprinter, but they don't come back.
              Regarding SDG Gary Moore said he thought the ground was too fast and he was disappointed that they hadn't watered but when asked about the ground the other day he said it didn't make any difference, now he says the horse needs a bit of cut. I think SDG ran a decent race under the circumstances but you can't have a broken prep for a championship race, we know that now, should have known before.

Comment

Kicking myself about yesterday. Couldnt let go of my own bias against DB. Nicholls should have been backed blind in the Fred Winter too.

Comment

Quick word on the Wednesday. The stars were aligned for Paul Nicholls, and I simply can't have that Champion Chase.

Happy for Dodging Bullets to have collected a prize, but he may well be the worst winner of the QMCC for many years. Some may disagree but with Somersby and Special Tiara in behind,it's not great form. I feel that a fit Champagne Fever could have dictated his own fractions and won handily.

Excited to see what comes of Nicholls' Coral Cup winner next year.

Comment

Working...
                  X