Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

If you had a tenner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
    We should defo have a comp somehow and would love to all throw in a tenner to win the pot. I am just not sure if it will be legal here. lol
    Leave that with me and I'll come back with some ideas for a Cheltenham tipping competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
      Leave that with me and I'll come back with some ideas for a Cheltenham tipping competition.
      Interesting. Cant wait.

Comment

Carracci Aoache is a bold call.

I'll go through the card for Wedneday for you when we get the decs
        The way CA battled and outstayed Blacklion who I rate up the straight at Doncaster made me believe he has the ability, attitude and potential to win the Albert Bartlett. Geraghty rates him and thinks he'll come on for better ground so seemed good value to me

Comment

Even if its just a virtual comp where everyone starts with £10, one bet a day and see who/if anyone comes out with any money at the end. I know it'll be a bugger to organise and run so any help needed OV I'm sure there's a few of us that'll help

Comment

Originally posted by Lessey View Post
            Even if its just a virtual comp where everyone starts with £10, one bet a day and see who/if anyone comes out with any money at the end. I know it'll be a bugger to organise and run so any help needed OV I'm sure there's a few of us that'll help
            Yep. At the end of the day its not about the money and more about winning and having fun.

Comment

Yep. At the end of the day its not about the money and more about winning and having fun.
              Exactly LR! When Caracci Apache storms home and OV is bowing at my feet it'll be almost as sweet as the money I'll win on him

Comment

I know nothing Lessey

We had a tips competition when we launched but never got much traction.

We had a few jockeys mark our card and all http://www.fatjockey.com/tips/

Happy to have another go.

We will sort out a format and I will sort out a few prizes maybe signed pics and a few free bets if I can blag them. It will be a virtual contest.

Comment

I think one or 2 wins in the handicaps could win the title here. If we had a comp in last years fest I would have probably bagged the FJ trophy on the first day with 3 wins.

Vautour 3/1
                  Midnight Prayer 8/1
                  Present View 9/1

OV - would we only get 1 or 2 pts to start with?

Gonna start studying hard once the decs are out. I want this title.

Comment

OV that would be amazing, I'm thoroughly behind this!

Not so quickly LR...reckon this may of taken some beating last year

pic.twitter.com/8HtISaHyZv

Comment

Originally posted by Lessey View Post
                      OV that would be amazing, I'm thoroughly behind this!

Not so quickly LR...reckon this may of taken some beating last year

pic.twitter.com/8HtISaHyZv
                      Nice win(s) there Lessey! Though you haven't seen my day 2, 3 and 4 winners yet......

Na, j/k mate. Had Faugheen at 3's and Balthazar the next day, but couldn't manage 3 in a lucky like yours especially with a 25's. Good job mate!

Though I did have a nice bet on Arctic Fire at 14's in the County to win 5 figures but someone had to spoil the party.

Comment

Nice win(s) there Lessey! Though you haven't seen my day 2, 3 and 4 winners yet......

Na, j/k mate. Had Faugheen at 3's and Balthazar the next day, but couldn't manage 3 in a lucky like yours especially with a 25's. Good job mate!

Though I did have a nice bet on Arctic Fire at 14's in the County to win 5 figures but someone had to spoil the party.
                        There's always one that spoils it!!!

At the end of the day it's all good fun and as long as someone takes the bookies for some wedge I'm happy!

Comment

Maybe we can also set up a thread where members post fest tips (whispers) and logical naps for 1 or 2 senior members/judges to pick and create an FJ acca. This will allow us all to have a chance to cheer on the same horses and hopefully win or worse case lose together?

We can set a day for when the acca gets announced etc.

Comment

I'm involved in little Cheltenham competition with some friends, where we each put in £10, and each person has £10 for each race of the festival.

You can have £5ew or £10w, and you are paid out at SP on your chosen bet.

Whoever wins the most money over the week, picks up the cash. Obviously you can pay more than 1st, and you can have a booby prize for whoever finishes -£270 etc.

Comment

Maybe we can also set up a thread where members post fest tips (whispers) and logical naps for 1 or 2 senior members/judges to pick and create an FJ acca. This will allow us all to have a chance to cheer on the same horses and hopefully win or worse case lose together?

We can set a day for when the acca gets announced etc.
                              Good idea. I used to post a bit on neigh years ago and sure they had something like this.

I nominate Mr McGoldrick as one of the judges. We just need to pick best ones out of his thread

We probably hould have done the FJ board vs Pricewise but too late now. Next year

Comment

Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
                                Good idea. I used to post a bit on neigh years ago and sure they had something like this.

I nominate Mr McGoldrick as one of the judges. We just need to pick best ones out of his thread

We probably hould have done the FJ board vs Pricewise but too late now. Next year
                                I will stay out of the nominating because I don't have the experience to judge any of the members. But I am happy to go with your choices guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X