Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here's a question, if Coneygree was to win the Betfair Chase what price would he be for the King George?

I mentioned the 25/1 Betfair Chase / King George double for Coneygree at 25's. The price is now 20's. Trying to decide what will be the better bet - get the 20's on the double now OR my current preference of 2 single bets. He's currently a 5/1 shot in the Betfair Chase, 10/1 King George.

If i take the 5/1 now and he wins, all I need is his price to be bigger than 5/2 straight after the Betfair Chase and place those winnings to be better off than taking the 20/1 double.

I'm pretty sure his KG price will be bigger than 5/2 leading up to it still, thoughts?

Depends jono, if he chins a fully fit and wound up Cue Card, Djakadam etc then he'd be 5s, if he beats a small field that contains no real Gold Cup runner he'll shorten but not hugely IMO

Sara Bradstock, Coneygree's regular rider at home, said: "Everything is good and Richard will ride him.

"I haven't spoken to Aidan myself, but Dave Roberts (agent) told me he was perfectly happy being the super-sub and we'll definitely put him up if we don't have another jockey again in the future.

"The fact is Richard has ridden Coneygree before and he's the champion jockey, so he was the first jockey we were going to turn to."

Of Coneygree, she added: "We have been walking him three and a half hours a day as part of his recuperation. Here we are, miraculously he is back and he feels really good.

"I know that physically he feels back to his best, but there is always the worry with horses about whether their self confidence has been knocked.

"I don't think there is any sign that it has, but the frightening thing is that he has to come back into racing at such a high level.

"The instructions to the jockey will be to ride him to win but, if he does get tired, to look after him."

Mark Bradstock said: "It is going to be quite an ask for him after having a year off, but we are looking forward to it.

"It has been frustrating and depressing, not just for us but for his owners, Nico and everybody.

"He is a pretty cool horse. Luckily, his owners are very patient. I have a wife who spends more time looking after Coneygree than she does me!

"He has done plenty of work and had a very good preparation because he did not have a complete holiday out in the field. Sure, one would have liked to gallop him more often on grass but apart from that he is in great nick. Hopefully, he will do himself justice."

Heading for Kerry National ...

"All being well we're heading to Listowel. They tell me the ground will be soft enough, but I just want to check with a few people that it won't be patchy," said Bradstock.

"He feels absolutely wonderful at the moment. I really could not be happier with him.

"He's really exciting me. We gave him a month off after Punchestown and not only has he come on since then physically, but mentally, too.

"We were very happy with him going into Punchestown, but I think that run gave him was more confidence in his own soundness.

"He's running around like an idiot again now and touching every piece of wood I can find - right now he feels as good as he did before he won the Gold Cup."

Great news he's come out of Punchestown without issues but I wonder what the seasons plans are if he's only had a month off ?
    Kerry National, Hennessy, break then back for Chelt and Aintree ?
    Odd that he would be out so early in the new season with so many big Spring prizes available

Hoping to see him on Wednesday. Proper racing.