Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 JLT Novices Chase 2.5 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoof View Post
    WPM

Gitane Du Berlais: I’d say she’s probably more likely to run in the JLT.

Vautour: He came back to win the other day. I just want to get him back to where he was last December. I still feel like I have got a good bit of work to do with him but I still think it will come. I’m heading towards the JLT - if something happened to Un De Sceaux, Vautour would probably take his place in the Arkle but otherwise he’s going to run in the JLT, I imagine.

Valseur Lido: To me, he was an RSA horse, but if Don Poli comes back to run in the RSA, they might want to go for the JLT Chase. I have to look at things from an owner’s point of view. I think he will stay though. I think I ran him in the wrong race at the Festival last year – I should have run him in the Neptune. The further he goes, the better he’ll be.
    Looks like your spot on with this one Old Vic. Gigginstown look as though they are going to have their way in running plans.

Comment

Bryan Cooper at Preview night last night

Michael told Bryan he won't leave him sitting in the weighing room while Patrick has a nice ride in the four miler.

Who wins when it comes to owner and trainer deciding targets? Asked to Bryan. Michael has made it clear to him he says, the owner.

Comment

Mullins saying he has to look at things from an owners point of view vindicates my point previously that he does not put his sons possibke chelt rides ahead of the interests of the giggy team!

Comment

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
          Mullins saying he has to look at things from an owners point of view vindicates my point previously that he does not put his sons possibke chelt rides ahead of the interests of the giggy team!
          Mullins does unbelievably well to keep his owners happy. So many horses to juggle. Gigginstown do sound a bit more demanding than most though.

Comment

I think someone has asked this before buy does Gitane Du Berlais receive the mares allowance?

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
              I think someone has asked this before buy does Gitane Du Berlais receive the mares allowance?
              Yes 10-10 if she runs

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                Yes 10-10 if she runs
                Thats Mayo.

I can't seem to work out whether she would have got the better of PZ. Though seems like all her form is on soft ground.

Comment

Must finish my fallers exercise. That's my main concern with PZ.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                    Yes 10-10 if she runs
                    Quite shocked she is running. Vautour seems more comfortable going from the front. Those tactics will be difficult to execute with her in the race.

Comment

In the Grade 1 Novice chases I can't find any winner who has fallen during the season since 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytentoryours View Post
                        Quite shocked she is running. Vautour seems more comfortable going from the front. Those tactics will be difficult to execute with her in the race.
                        Mullins will probably have three ? Different owners all looking for their day out.

Comment

Thats Mayo.

I can't seem to work out whether she would have got the better of PZ. Though seems like all her form is on soft ground.
                          My mistake, it was Champagne West who fell and PZ previously beat him by 6L. I think GDB would have beaten CW by more than 6 if she wanted to.

Comment

My mistake, it was Champagne West who fell and PZ previously beat him by 6L. I think GDB would have beaten CW by more than 6 if she wanted to.
                            I may have to eat my words here but I don't think PZ will do it either. Some real depth to this Irish challenge. Looking forward to VL running here hopefully. His excellent jumping will be a real asset.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytentoryours View Post
                              I may have to eat my words here but I don't think PZ will do it either. Some real depth to this Irish challenge. Looking forward to VL running here hopefully. His excellent jumping will be a real asset.
                              PZ not for me Tenty.

I am not a short fav backer but my gut feeling says Vautour is better than what we think. All horses make mistakes but it's the good ones that learn from it. UDS for example.

I will probably gamble on GDB that she can cope with good ground and r/f with Vautour on the day.
                              Last edited by loveracing; 20 February 2015, 09:59 AM.

Comment

The Irish challenge is very strong. We could see ome of those classic Carberry pick them off rides. I hope we do

Comment

Working...
                                X