Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ruby

"Djakadam travelled and jumped well up to the point he fell at Cheltenham on Saturday. We had just gone past halfway and I couldn't have been happier.

"I am not sure why he fell. He was on a very long stride but he shortened himself just before the fence. We went to pop over it and didn't get that tight, but he got overly high behind and ended up on his head.

"His jumping had been brilliant since he last fell in the JLT at the Festival two years ago. I didn't see it coming as he's normally a very good jumper but I suppose it's better to fall in the trial than in six weeks' time.

"I wouldn't put anyone off backing him for the Gold Cup. I was at Willie's (Mullins) yesterday and his vet was very happy with him and he's 100% now."

Quote Originally Posted by mayo View Post
    Ruby

"Djakadam travelled and jumped well up to the point he fell at Cheltenham on Saturday. We had just gone past halfway and I couldn't have been happier.

"I am not sure why he fell. He was on a very long stride but he shortened himself just before the fence. We went to pop over it and didn't get that tight, but he got overly high behind and ended up on his head.

"His jumping had been brilliant since he last fell in the JLT at the Festival two years ago. I didn't see it coming as he's normally a very good jumper but I suppose it's better to fall in the trial than in six weeks' time.

"I wouldn't put anyone off backing him for the Gold Cup. I was at Willie's (Mullins) yesterday and his vet was very happy with him and he's 100% now."
    Big statement from Ruby, usually non committal on a horse's backability,

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    Big statement from Ruby, usually non committal on a horse's backability,
    thought that too.