Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 Weatherbys Champion Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
    Does anyone have any info or quotes on Pipe's Moon Racer?
    As far as I'm aware LR he's definitely going. Has been well talked up as the best of the British challenegers and the one the Irish are all worried about

Comment

Originally posted by Lessey View Post
      As far as I'm aware LR he's definitely going. Has been well talked up as the best of the British challenegers and the one the Irish are all worried about
      Thanks Lessey. Tempting...

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
        Thanks Lessey. Tempting...
        If Stone Hard doesn't go then I'd be almost certain to stick some money on moon racer, might do anyway before his price goes.

Did see today however a new Nicholls recruit smash a bumper field at Taunton on the bridle called Persian Delight...could not of been more impressive if he did it backwards and there was murmurings he may get thrown into cheltenham on the back of that. Stan James is the only one quoting him currently (16/1) so may be worth keeping an eye on that situation

Comment

Nicholls did say on the Betfair site that he wouldn't be having a runner in the Bumper - but, then again, Persian Delight did win well so never say never. Initial indications were for Aintree though.

Comment

Does anyone know whether Wait For Me will be going for the Champion Bumper?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
              moon racer highlights by Tom Scu

Cheltenham’s still a long way off and I don’t want to tempt fate, but Dynaste and Kings Palace are bang up there with the horses I’m looking forward to riding at the Festival. The Giant Bolster is another one and he seems well. This is his time of year. We have Moon Racer going for the bumper. There are lots of nice horses who might end up there. We’ve got a nice clutch of novices and juveniles and now the entries are starting to come out you begin to get a picture of the races but you can’t get too carried away. There is still two months to go. There’s no point in counting your chickens. At this time last year if you’d told me I was going to win three races at the Festival I would only really have believed in Dynaste of the three at this stage. As this stage I would have guessed that the other two would have been The Liquidator and Kings Palace probably, not Western Warhorse and Ballynagour. That sums up Cheltenham really. The main priority is just to get the horses there and see what happens.
              Moon racer quote

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                Moon racer quote
                Thanks OV - but only brief.

Comment

Originally posted by Lessey View Post
                  If Stone Hard doesn't go then I'd be almost certain to stick some money on moon racer, might do anyway before his price goes.

Did see today however a new Nicholls recruit smash a bumper field at Taunton on the bridle called Persian Delight...could not of been more impressive if he did it backwards and there was murmurings he may get thrown into cheltenham on the back of that. Stan James is the only one quoting him currently (16/1) so may be worth keeping an eye on that situation
                  MrMcG was on about him earlier http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...6372#post16372

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out OV! MrMcG has it spot on, not sure what he beat but could of done it in his sleep! Guy on racing post commentary said could be cheltenham bumper material and low and behold Stan James has provided a price. Defo one to ore for future regardless

Comment

WPM

Bumper horses: I see Au Quart De Tour is the favourite but he’s a little bit sick at the moment. To me Bordini has it all, but we’ll run as many as we can get in. Au Quart De Tour has been very good, Balko Des Flos has been good, Stone Hard has been very good. Pylonthepressure is the one who has taken us by surprise. I was going to run Up For Review at Naas and Pylonthepressure at Leopardstown but Pylonthepressure did an amazing piece of work and I switched them. To me Bordini has put in the easiest performance but that performance of Pylonthepressure at Naas was extraordinary – he ran away from a decent field.

Comment

To me that sounds like the G'town ban on runners in the Cheltenham Bumper may of been lifted. Come on Stone Hard!!!

Comment

Did anyone see Disko run in the 5.10 at punchestown yesterday??.....that was very impressive, Gigginstown have some very speedy bumper horses

Comment

Bryan confirmed ban lifted last night

Bumper - Katie Walsh Up for Review I think is the horse they all have to beat. Keeps going forever and you've got to stay.

Bryan says Eddie O'Leary has told him that Gigginstown will run one or maybe two in the bumper. Each one as impressive as the next.

Comment

I have heard from a good source that Pylonthepressure is working the house down at Mullins yard.Ive taken the 14s with Hills and done my max ew bet on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldie1988 View Post
                                Did anyone see Disko run in the 5.10 at punchestown yesterday??.....that was very impressive, Gigginstown have some very speedy bumper horses
                                I did and had abit of money down on him as I heard he was highly thought of. Not priced up for the bumper though.

Comment

Working...
                                X