Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 RSA Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Contrasting views for Valseur Lido&#39;s RSA chances. <a href="https://twitter.com/pphorseracing">@pphorseracing</a> cut to 6s, while Boyles push out to 14s. Boyles have it wrong personally.</p>&mdash; James Yellen (@JamesYellen) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesYellen/status/564438833128013824">February 8, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
      rte saying JLT for AS. Patrick will like your proposal for VL
      Ye, I suppose that would leave Willie free to send Don Poli for the 4 miler

Comment

Don Poli actually being shortened in the RSA by a few bookies, strange reaction

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
            Don Poli actually being shortened in the RSA by a few bookies, strange reaction
            I think as our Conor said Cooper does not want to get off Don Poli. Mentioned him by name as one he was looking forward to on Irish tv just now.

Comment

Reynoldtown Chase Stats

Comment

New poster. Interested to see some of the chat regarding Valseur Lido/Don Poli. To my knowledge the Paddy Power odds on the Mullins horses are a good guide as to where they will be going and PP are now top price Don Poli for the 4 miler and worst price for the RSA/top price Valseur Lido.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytentoryours View Post
                  New poster. Interested to see some of the chat regarding Valseur Lido/Don Poli. To my knowledge the Paddy Power odds on the Mullins horses are a good guide as to where they will be going and PP are now top price Don Poli for the 4 miler and worst price for the RSA/top price Valseur Lido.
                  I have heard it said Mullins decides rather than owners where his horses run - except with Gigginstown.

Comment

Interesting information Old Vic. It certainly seems that way. He said to Matt Chapman on ATR yesterday after racing that the RSA looked to be the race for VL but connections had different ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                      I have heard it said Mullins decides rather than owners where his horses run - except with Gigginstown.
                      I think that perception goes back to the Sir Des Champs novice chase campaign.

Comment

Sad to see Le Vent Dantan no longer with us

I would say there is aright tussle going on between Cooper and Patrick over Don Poli

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                          Sad to see Le Vent Dantan no longer with us

I would say there is aright tussle going on between Cooper and Patrick over Don Poli
                          I can see (and hope) Cooper wins this battle. A horse of Don Poli's class should not be running in the 4 miler. Gigginstown have got some other good shots at that race anyway (Wounded Warrior/Thunder And Roses). I guess in the eyes of Mullins the interests of his son come before the rest of the team.

Comment

Imo Mullins will place the horse in the race he thinks it has the best chance of winning.If he was to favour a ride for his son in general, then Patrick would have had loads more winners to his name by now on that theory.

Comment

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
                              Imo Mullins will place the horse in the race he thinks it has the best chance of winning.If he was to favour a ride for his son in general, then Patrick would have had loads more winners to his name by now on that theory.
                              I don't know I'm sure Ruby could have ridden a lot of these bumper horses that Patrick has ridden couldn't he? Plus my real point is he can be quite stubborn when he gets an idea in his head (I don't think having Un De Sceaux stood in his box at Closutton was his best chance of a Champion Hurdle last year).

Comment

Mullins is champion trainer for a reason and thats why his owners trust him to place their horses in the races that they have the best chance of winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X