Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forced Kin
    No doubt Barry G will be thrilled with this advice from Jason Weaver

Last of all I'm going to put my faith in BURTON PORT in the Gold Cup. He would have lowered the colours of Long Run last time out with a good jump at the last. Go long, Barry. Go long.

Forced Kin
    AP McCoy in telegraph

I
    am praying for a drop of rain for Synchronised in the Gold Cup.

Although he has been showing some of his best form on decent ground this season, we know he handles soft and it would help slow up the pace a bit for him on the first circuit. Kauto Star or not, we certainly wouldn’t want the ground fast for him and, as Jonjo O’Neill said earlier in the week, it might be a late call as to him running.

Nick Williams - Diamond Harry has had a wind op. That’s the first time I’ve done it mid season and wouldn’t do it again, I’d wait until the summer.

Paul Jones - Weird Al e/w for me. Doesn’t have a lot to find with Kauto and Long Run on Haydock form which came too soon after winning the Charlie Hall and has a very good Cheltenham record. Paul Jones thought the front two were vulnerable, and that Weird Al was the best bet at 20-1

Andrew King - I have a feeling that the big two could get beat but prefer Kauto to Long Run. What A Friend is a massive e/w price at 40/1. Andrew king thought What a Friend EW, although Paul Nicholls dismissed this saying 3rd was his best chance if everyone turned up

Nina Carberry – Synchronised

Patrick Mullins - Kauto with a view that Quel Esprit is his value.

Noel Meade thought the same with Quel Esprit (ie – value).

Andrew Lynch - Long Run.

Paul Carberry - Kauto Star.

Robbie Hennessy - Synchronised.

John Francome – Long Run

Jim McGrath – Long Run

Noel O’Brien – Long Run

Mike Cattermole – Long Run

Davy Russell – Midnight Chase. Long Run to win. But Midnight Chase has a great each way chance.

Tom Segal – Midnight Chase. Midnight Chase E/W. Also feels Burton Port could have won lto.

Hayley O’Connor - Burton Port

Paddy Power - Long Run much better last time. Jumping better. In The Kauto camp and hopes he can get there. Burton Port will improve. Puts up Midnight Chase D Costello gets a huge tune out of horse. Long Run is vulnerable but should win.

Joe Tizzard - Kauto been phenomenal. Weighing room got a bit emotional when Kauto won at Haydock.

David Pipe - Not sure Long Runs been the horse he was last year. Tom Scu rode The Giant Bolster in Denman Chase & feels Grand Crus would have gone very very close. Seemed quite confident Grand Crus would have won that race. Put up Quel Espirit E/W and also joked Grand Crus E/W. Thought Midnight Chase would come 5th.

Alice Plunkett - Midnight Chase E/W

Ruby Walsh - Kauto Star has a chance but could struggle to beat Long Run over 3m 2f. He would not give up his ride on Kauto Star.

Barry Geraghty - Long Run will improve for his last run. Burton Port has an each way chance.

Jessica Harrington - There are questions overs Long Run’s jumping, but he should win. Burton Port can come third.

Donn McClean - Weird Al is the value of the race.

Tony Martin wouldn’t pitch Grand Crus in this early in his career. Quel Esprit not good enough, Kauto getting too old for this. Weird Al and Midnight Chase best of the rest.

Forced Kin
    Segal on Gold Cup: Midnight Chase is definitely the one for me. Long Run due a shocker soon.

Sam Waley Cohen

I think there is more, and better, to come from Long Run.

"To be mixing it with Kauto Star - I really hope he's over his fall and runs next Friday - already puts you on the doorstep of the greats."

Despite having given Long Run a fine ride in last season's Gold Cup, Waley-Cohen accepts there could have still been room for improvement.

He told the Telegraph: "I've probably watched that race and analysed it on video 100 times since, looking to see if there were things I could have done better - and there were.

"The dream is not just to ride the winner of the Gold Cup but to ride a horse who made the Gold Cup his own race.

"I honestly believe that like Kauto before him, Long Run could be a horse of a lifetime."

Forced Kin
    Phil Smiths ratings of 2012 Cheltenham Gold Cup

Synchronised (168) virtually reproduced his Lexus win in taking the Gold Cup. I rated the race through Knockara Beau, amazingly consistent at around 147 over both fences and hurdles. Some may say I am too low on Synchronised but to have him any higher would have meant putting up Knockara Beau beaten nearly 20 lengths in sixth which is something we are always reluctant to do. I also used Time For Rupert on 157 returning to his Charlie Hall performance of last October.

Sefton
    deleted duplicte
    Last edited by Sefton; 10th September 2012 at 02:03 PM.