Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Listowel Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

????? Spam im just asking if you have anymore tips

Comment

You are maybe confusing me with someone else.

Comment

There seems to be some rubbish appearing on this thread. Let me keep the trend going with thoughts on the Kerry National and Bay of Freedom: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...pressure-is-on

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
          There seems to be some rubbish appearing on this thread. Let me keep the trend going with thoughts on the Kerry National and Bay of Freedom: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...pressure-is-on
          Good luck as always Paul = Johnny Burke is a fine young jockey. The three reserves are ones to fear = plenty of rain last night but forecast is better for today.

Comment

Yep, best of luck BoF, hope he goes well and returns safe.

The reserve issue is something of a farce, Giggs can pretty much decide which of their 3 had the best chance should on pull out and certainly both Rogue Angel and Thunder and Roses have form in top staying handicaps...

Comment

Yeah i think i have, i'm new to the website, i'm just trying to find my way round. i do apologize

Comment

I like the look of Dell Arca for the Kerry National. Two recent flat races and a previous winning hurdle race have kept his chase mark to just 1lb higher (nice weight of 10st 9lb) than when he was 3rd at Cheltenham in April and subsequently on ground probably too quick at Newton Abbot in May.
                I’m sure connections could be eyeing the Ascot bonus of £10,000 for a horse winning either the Sodexo gold cup in November or the Bollinger silver cup in December having been placed in the Kerry national.
                25/1 into 20/1 with B365 (enhanced place 18/1).

Comment

Originally posted by Unhomme View Post
                  I like the look of Dell Arca for the Kerry National. Two recent flat races and a previous winning hurdle race have kept his chase mark to just 1lb higher (nice weight of 10st 9lb) than when he was 3rd at Cheltenham in April and subsequently on ground probably too quick at Newton Abbot in May.
                  I’m sure connections could be eyeing the Ascot bonus of £10,000 for a horse winning either the Sodexo gold cup in November or the Bollinger silver cup in December having been placed in the Kerry national.
                  25/1 into 20/1 with B365 (enhanced place 18/1).
                  I’ll have a look at that now

Comment

Originally posted by mossy090814 View Post
                    Hi Archie, unlucky with the last tip.Hillary View didn't jump very well but manged to grab second. do you fancy anything else today?
                    Hilary view was on the daily movers thread mossy, you may have seen it there.

Comment

BoF - how is your lad this morning ?
                      Can’t have been easy watching him struggle so soon in the race, hope he’s back fit and healthy

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        BoF - how is your lad this morning ?
                        Can’t have been easy watching him struggle so soon in the race, hope he’s back fit and healthy
                        Thanks for asking Ista. He was very distressed after the race (despite only covering under 2 miles). Peter said he looked unhappy when being saddled and Johnny Burke said he seemed to resent even going onto the track and that he never jumped two fences the same. We are having him scoped this morning but are pretty sure he got himself stressed so much that the ulcers are back. It's a real shame and it's not as if he has had a bad experience on the course. If confirmed with ulcers then, I am afraid, that will be it for him and we will find a good home for him (he may even stay at Peter's). If anyone knows a good horse psychiatrist please let me know. I will update this post later when we have the results.

Comment

Sorry to hear that BoF.
                          Do the ulcers only appear through stress and/or stress of racing ?
                          I guess what i’m asking is whether he can enjoy a happy retirement without issue ?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Sorry to hear that BoF.
                            Do the ulcers only appear through stress and/or stress of racing ?
                            I guess what i’m asking is whether he can enjoy a happy retirement without issue ?
                            For him , it just seems to the whole raceday experience that stresses him out. Ber (Peter's wife) said his eyes were looking down in racecourse stables, almost like he was sulking and unhappy. Whereas, when he is in the field at home (we keep him out as much as possible) he is relaxed and, as the Irish would say, 'there's not a bother on him' . For that reason, I do genuinely believe he will have a happy retirement and, if we could find something he loves, maybe dressage or show jumping, then that could be an option. I will update with the actuals results later after we have travelled to the yard and when we get to Dublin. I really appreciate the interest.

Comment

Best of luck with him BoF, could be a spell hunting would might be what he enjoys.
                              I wish you well

Comment

Decent handicap hurdle there today - Davids Charm owes me a bit from Galway.

Comment

Working...
                                X