Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Listowel Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wishes BoF.

I've thoroughly enjoyed following Bay Of Freedoms racing career and I hope he has a long and happy retirement if that's the road you decide to go down.

FM

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Best wishes BoF.

I've thoroughly enjoyed following Bay Of Freedoms racing career and I hope he has a long and happy retirement if that's the road you decide to go down.

FM
      Thank you FM However, I am in a state of shock: he does not have any ulcers and seems absolutely fine. None of which explains his run, the fact he was distressed and could hardly walk and that he didn't want to go onto the track. I have written a fuller update in the blog: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...-psychiatrists. It must be in his head but how do we get it out of his head??
      If anyone has any ideas then please let me know - we are struggling to figure it all out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
        Thank you FM However, I am in a state of shock: he does not have any ulcers and seems absolutely fine. None of which explains his run, the fact he was distressed and could hardly walk and that he didn't want to go onto the track. I have written a fuller update in the blog: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...-psychiatrists. It must be in his head but how do we get it out of his head??
        If anyone has any ideas then please let me know - we are struggling to figure it all out.
        Maybe he needs a companion Bof, some horses seem to relax more and gain enormous benefit from that little bit of familiarity.

Comment

Sounds like my missus, are you sure he's not a mare....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
            Maybe he needs a companion Bof, some horses seem to relax more and gain enormous benefit from that little bit of familiarity.
            It's a fair point Mr. M. we're going to have him travel with the pony who's in the field with him for any future travels.

Comment

BoF - I seem to remember the great Desert Orchid sharing a stable with a sheep, they took the sheep out once and Dessie got depressed/sulked and worked poorly, stuck the sheep back in the box and he was fine.
              I can't remember whether the sheep traveled with him to the races but if your lad has a close affinity with a stable pony then you can try putting them together more....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                BoF - I seem to remember the great Desert Orchid sharing a stable with a sheep, they took the sheep out once and Dessie got depressed/sulked and worked poorly, stuck the sheep back in the box and he was fine.
                I can't remember whether the sheep traveled with him to the races but if your lad has a close affinity with a stable pony then you can try putting them together more....
                I think it makes sense. Of course there was also Remittance Man and Nobby the sheep and , more recently, American Pharoah and Smokey the pony. We have to try it , at least. Peter also has two cows but that may not be such a good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                  I think it makes sense. Of course there was also Remittance Man and Nobby the sheep and , more recently, American Pharoah and Smokey the pony. We have to try it , at least. Peter also has two cows but that may not be such a good idea!
                  Best jumper of a fence I have ever seen Remittance Man.
                  Good luck with yours BoF, clearly a trial and error situation, one day you'll get it right and he'll win an egg and spoon race at 25/1 because mental issues aside he has talent....

Comment

There's one now that travels with a goat, can't remember the horse, but I read that he goes to pieces if the goat isn't in the box with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                      Trying to look on the Positive side B.o.F , It must be very good news that the Ulcers weren't to blame . Hopefully
                      something minor will come to light to explain things , and like the others have
                      said , maybe needs a travelling companion .
                      all the best , B.C.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                        That would be a sight to behold, turning up at the races with a cow in the box, would be nice for Bof though if he fancied a glass of milk during the trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                          There's one now that travels with a goat, can't remember the horse, but I read that he goes to pieces if the goat isn't in the box with him.
                          Monalee and his mate Harvey the goat

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                            Monalee and his mate Harvey the goat
                            Better memory than me Samcro

Comment

• Quick update: we're running him in the Corinthian Challenge at Navan tomorrow (5.45 ATR). Just hoping he enjoys himself: leaving blinkers and noseband off, no plaiting and he is travelling with his companion pony so we're trying a few new things. http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...inthian-spirit

Comment

• Wish you all the best B.o.f , hope it makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X