Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 Gold Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Gold Cup

<iframe width =720 height =800 src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_7NQHlIE3vs4SmZnfenm-bKs-OzsxHnLbi7Tehj5h60/pubhtml?gid=592616170&amp;single=true&amp;widget=t rue&amp;headers=false"></iframe>

Previous Winners

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CoRdXkY6M9Jc8Yp0E-rO8r4zQ-W7DbP21qHhH3taaBY/embed?start=true&loop=true&delayms=15000" frameborder="0" width="660" height="400" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

Cant ever remember a Gold Cup where field is 12/1+ at this stage of the season

Odds at 26/08/2014 and a few random musings

Bobs Worth (12), would be emulating Kauto as second horse to regain the Gold Cup
    Holywell (12), admirable animal but has won two handicaps at course compared to Lord W 2 Grade 1s
    Silviniaco Conti (12), Most likely winner imo ..Nicholls can usually keep improving these types
    Champagne Fever (14), Far too short on last years form might have been advanced compared to peers in 2012/13 ?
    Boston Bob (16), Was hoping for more than 16s but Mullins main hope if he can keep him sweet imo
    Lord Windermere (16), Not sure what happened last year but been "lucky" twice now ?
    OFaolains Boy (16), Definite shortlist contender RSA stat is strong.
    Sir Des Champs (16), They dont come back
    Cue Card (20), Need to see him run first but might have hand on trigger to back IR FTO
    Dynaste (20), 2.5 miler ?

Annie Power (25), Simonsig (25), Smad Place (25), Taquin De Seuil (25), Ma Filleule (28), Captain Chris (33), Carlingford Lough (33), Don Cossack (33), First Lieutenant (33), On His Own (33), Rubi Ball (33), The Giant Bolster (33), Western Warhorse (33), Flemenstar (40), Shutthefrontdoor (40), Ballycasey (50), Djakadam (50), Le Bec (50), Lyreen Legend (50), Many Clouds (50), Morning Assembly (50), Triolo Dalene (50), Wonderful Charm (50), Rajdhani Express (66), Spring Heeled (66), Cause Of Causes (100), Toner DOudairies (100)
    Last edited by Old Vic; 8 March 2015, 02:05 PM.

Value has to be with second season chasers but not sure which one yet.

Comment

Fired a few stats up here http://www.fatjockey.com/cheltenham-...d-Cup-Stats-59

Hadnt thought about it but 6/10 won by second season chasers ? Synchronised, Kauto x 2 and Imperial Commander the exceptions ?
      Last edited by Old Vic; 4 September 2014, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Hi Lads.
        My first post,
        So why not throw up a horse for the Gold Cup, Great to see a thread on the Gold Cup already.
        I Fancy Boston Bob after his run in the Punchestown Festival. I agree with the price being a bit skinny at 16s, OK, Horse hasn't got a great record at Chel. His best being 2nd to the late Brindisi Breeze (Campbell Gillies R.I.P ) in the 2012 Albert Bartlett. Should have won the 2013 RSA Chase but fell while in front at the last, (Race won by Lord Windermere). Ran bad last year, 6th to Dynaste in the Ryan Air Chase (distance too short imo). Came out and won in Aintree at 2m 4f (Race ran to suit and came from back of field to win from 2 out). but if W Mullins gets him there, iv no doubt Super Ruby will take the ride. He will have a great chance, aswell i would love to see Graham Wylie win the Gold Cup, he puts a lot into racing and could end up with the holy grail at this years festival.

BOSTON BOB 16/1 for GOLD CUP

Comment

welcome on board kelpie.

I like your pick. Form picked up after his wind op. (Diagnosed by Geraghty after he rode him over hurdles in Cleeve ! )

Quote from Mullins after Punchestown ..

“He’s starting to show now what he shows me at home and I would say we will go the Gold Cup route with him, maybe starting back here in the John Durkan,” said Mullins who had firmly pointed Walsh towards Boston Bob instead of On His Own who never looked happy yesterday.
          “With the shorter trip and the better ground I thought Boston Bob’s bit of class would come into play. The other horse is a stayer,” he said before outlining a possible route to the French Gold Cup at Auteuil in June for On His Own. “He didn’t enjoy being on his own in front and started jumping too deliberately.”

<iframe allowtransparency="true" src="http://ads.betfair.com/ad.aspx?bid=9031&pid=72451" width="728" height="90" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Suppose only obstacle to Ruby taking ride is Chamoagne Fever ?
          Last edited by Old Vic; 25 January 2015, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Next Cheltenham now closer than the last one

Djakadam could easily turn up to be Mullins main Gold Cup horse. Got a few positive mentions on last years preview circuit. 50/1 taken.

Comment

Well it would be great to see Bob's Worth re-claim the title and no doubt Nicky and Barry have been re-watching and discussing little things to get him back there in one piece and in form to go there with a fighting chance. I like Smad Place as well, not a bad record around Cheltenham, and a horse that just seems to stay on most grounds, a little bit of talent needed to win a Gold Cup but this one will IMO be staying on right to the death if Alan King can get him there safe and sound

Comment

Bobs Worth is just about my favourite horse of last decade and would love to see that. History and Hendersons record with older chasers says it won't happen though. Did Djakadam get injured falling at Cheltenham ?

Smad Place 322 at a Festival ? Great ew shout.
                Last edited by Guest; 8 September 2014, 06:38 AM.

Comment

OFaolains Boy (16), Definite shortlist contender RSA stat is strong.
                  has had a setback and wont be out until new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoof View Post
                    has had a setback and wont be out until new year.
                    Possibly out for the season according to ATR

Comment

Anyone know if Fehily keeps ride on S Conti this year?
                      Last edited by Guest; 12 October 2014, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
                        Anyone know if Fehily keeps ride on S Conti this year?
                        Yes MG he will retain the ride unless injured / banned

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                          Yes MG he will retain the ride unless injured / banned
                          thanks Paz.

So STD free to ride Wonderful Charm ?

Comment

Not sure what to make of the weekends results.

Boston Bob, Ma Filleuile, Silvi, Holywell all needing their runs ?

Wonder if they might regret not letting Sizing take his chance.

Comment

Betfair Chase Video

Comment

Working...
                              X