Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ante Post Cheltenham 2014 -- The story so far!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have added Balder Succes for the Arkle at 27s. Broke the track record on his first run of the season at warwick. Hoping for something similar today.

Comment

Balder Clipped a few points. Good ew option. any quotes from king

Comment

Originally posted by Yeehaa View Post
        Balder Clipped a few points. Good ew option. any quotes from king

"The last 10 days have been very encouraging," King told Channel 4 Racing from Newbury.

"It was so important to get runs into a lot of these hoses. We will watch Balder and see how the preparations go (before deciding on a target).

"We could keep him for Aintree or Punchestown - the owners are keen to go there. We will see."

Comment

West Wizard has knackered a few nice looking accas. Cant give up the day job yet.

Comment

I have been keeping my powder dry for NRNB. Bet365 usually come out this weekend I think ?

Comment

Jasus looking at my overall book and a few bullets have left the chamber already...

Supreme -- The Tullow Tank (although refunded)
              Arkle -- More than likely that Felix Yonger won't go here but still have Champagne Fever
              Neptune -- Apache Stronghold taken out by Meade
              World Hurdle -- Meade hasnt said anything about Monksland for a while!
              JLT -- Don Cossack apparently going for the RSA!
              Gold Cup -- First Lieutenant could still go here but if L.Instalment lines up he might not!

The joys of ante post betting!!

Comment

I have a stack of non runners - West Wizard and getting Faugheen and Briar Hill in the wrong way around the biggest F**kups.

Comment

Unlucky skip Monklsand misses festival ...

"He's good, but he's just not going to Cheltenham," said Meade.

"We've got a bit of a problem here with a few dirty noses and temperatures and whatever, so he's not going to go.

"Liverpool is a possibility and there's Fairyhouse and Punchestown, hopefully.

"Any of the other places are possibilities. We'll have to see how we get on."

Comment

Did a patent with West Wizard , Ballycasey and Royal Irish Hussar.

Remaining two legs were looking alright until yesterday

2 Royal Irish Hussar Triumph Hurdle
                    (Win And Each Way) 14/03/2014 3 Places
                    1/4 Odds 16/1 To Run
                    3 Ballycasey RSA Chase
                    (Win And Each Way) 12/03/2014 3 Places
                    1/4 Odds 33/1 To Run

Comment

Backed Bobs Worth at 6/1 with billies on 23 November too.

Thats my best one.

I had one Lucky 15 with West Wizard Simonsig Sirs Des Champs and Annie for the Champion Hurdle.:o

Comment

Yep my auld friend Monksland again coming back to haunt me. I would still favour two Irish horses, Annie Power obv and Rule The World to beat most of the English in that one. Very interesting that AP chose At Fishers Cross, he must think that Cheltenham can bring the best out in him again like last year.

Comment

Working...
                        X