Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Chat

If you aren't sure where to post something, post it here and it can be moved if needed.

If it doesn't warrant it's own thread.... post if here....

Doesn't need to be horse racing related either I suppose.

Last edited by Istabraq; 12 March 2023, 08:00 AM.

I enjoy this time of year, I'm in 'reset' mode (or rest mode), with Arc weekend, QIPCO Champions day and Breeders Cup the only flat racing I'm interested in at all now and the drips of information coming through from National Hunt trainers with their stable tours just around the corner.

Comment

Good idea, I normally have questions and queries but don’t think it warrants a new thread so I’ll use this thread

Comment

What are you wearing?

Sorry wrong site.

Comment

Yeh this time of year is the bollo ks..anxiety though watching your ante post picks first time out!..unless your watching one for a handicap in mind you wont mind a staying on 5th or 6th place..buzzin for a bit of cheptsow in just over a week

Comment

Haha, I hope that is anxious in a good way (can their be a good way?!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              What are you wearing?

Sorry wrong site.

Comment

Who is everyone's favourite painter? Mine is Pieter Brugel the Elder. When I visited the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna a few years ago, I was awestruck by the magnificence of his work and the experience was easily one of the finest experiences I have ever had in a museum. "The Hunters in the Snow" is a true masterpiece but since this is a horsey forum, it would be wrong if I did not show you all his "The Procession to Calvary".

May it not go unsaid that I am a huge admirer of Dutch Art.

Comment

Lovely painting that Kotkijet.
                  I've been staring at it for the last 10 minutes, but have not been able to find Wally anywhere.
                  Very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                    Lovely painting that Kotkijet.
                    I've been staring at it for the last 10 minutes, but have not been able to find Wally anywhere.
                    Very frustrating.
                    He's right there, look a little closer - its the reflection on the screen

Comment

I’ve never seen a painting with so much detail, there even a spider or beetle in there too! Thanks for posting Kotkijet

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                        He's right there, look a little closer - its the reflection on the screen
                        Set you up for that nicely.
                        Dangled it, and you pounced

On a serious note Kotkijet.

Every time I read one of your pieces/commentary's on the Juvenile hurdlers I appreciate more and more, how far you're ahead of the vast majority of posters on here.

In terms of detail, knowledge, eloquence and candor.

Then you drop some Fine Art in the general comments thread.
                        Game Over.

Comment

Best thing about Vienna for me is...

Sachertorte Cake.

Comment

That's very kind of you to say although I must confess that it was a rather convoluted joke at my own expense since these words were used here prior to Dutch Admiral dotting up at Huntingdon...

For all that I have had a lot of practice with researching and writing stuff, my judgement is still in need of some fine tuning. I was correct when I said he would not win on Tuesday though so partial credit to me I guess...

I must also admit that I am a total philistine when it comes to high culture and most of what I know about artsy stuff is through dating artsy types. Although it is true that I did visit the Kunsthistorisches Museum and that Brugel is my favourite artist of the half-dozen I can name

Comment

Originally posted by Kotkijet View Post
                              Who is everyone's favourite painter? Mine is Pieter Brugel the Elder. When I visited the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna a few years ago, I was awestruck by the magnificence of his work and the experience was easily one of the finest experiences I have ever had in a museum. "The Hunters in the Snow" is a true masterpiece but since this is a horsey forum, it would be wrong if I did not show you all his "The Procession to Calvary".

May it not go unsaid that I am a huge admirer of Dutch Art.
                              Back in Jan I went to the Bridget Riley exhibition at the Hayward Gallery. Properly amazing

Comment

Working...
                              X