Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Daily National Hunt Racing Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray View Post
    2 of possible interest this week, Getaway Trump runs in the 1.40 at fontwell on saturday and friday at kilbeggan 6.20 A Wave Of The Sea in a beginners chase like aramax yesterday also gets the weight for age allowances
    I’d be interested in Getaway Trump too.

Very strange season from him last year but I still believe there’s a decent race or two in him at some point

Comment

The 3.35 at Fontwell is a really nice little handicap chase for the time of year, and I'm looking to oppose the Paul Nicholls and Gary Moore co-favourites, even though they're both horses I like. Of those two Beat The Judge is one I have in my tracker, and he's a horse potentially going places, so I'll be watching to see how he's campaigned. I certainly think he has the beating of Nicholls Ashutor, but he's taking on more experienced rivals that could still be very well handicapped so, despite his backform over hurdles and him having a nice novice chase campaign this summer, I prefer to look for the value elsewhere.

There are two that I think are very good alternatives. Firstly Chesterfield 11/1, has switched back to fences and had a pipe opener 3 weeks ago, presumably to be aimed at this. His back from over fences suggests he may still be on a lenient mark. He's looked good and kept decent company, and this trip at this kind of course is just what he wants.

The other is Ballywood 5/1. He's become a bit frustrating, but Alan King could hardly be in better form, and again this is just what he needs. He's all speed, and wants good ground. His 6th in the Grand Annual reads well in the context of this race, and he is certainly much better than his current handicap mark under his optimum conditions.

For good measure I've done the reverse forecast.
      Last edited by Spectre; 12 September 2020, 07:46 AM.
      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

1.10 sligo tommorow..heaven help us..odds on favourite but could be one for the roll ups! Will be interesting to see how she goes 7th in the supreme, before that had got within 8 lengths of abacadabras aswell

Comment

Newton Abbot today .. 1.- Nachi falls - 3-00.- u/p.
          2.- Operatic export - 3-35.- 1st.
          3.- My lady grey - 4-10.- u/p.
          4.- Coole cody - 4-45.- 2nd.
          All the fav's i think ...
          Last edited by BigChaang; 20 September 2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Day 1 at Listowel looks good

Im having a go on; tellmesomethingirl, anything will do and the storyteller

Comment

4.05 Auteuil.
              James Du Berlais
              7/4 bet365 1pt win.
              I like this lad alot, he is rock solid, progressive, and imo one of the most exciting young hurdlers in france. I cant wait to see him go novice chasing, but back to the task ahead tomorrow over hurdles. I'm surprised that he has opened up at 7/4. imo this is more than fair. I see him as an even money chance. He has improved with each run, jumps, travels and finishes out his races well, I expect him to go extremely close here.

https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Quite like Grand Messe at the prices.
                9-1 seems too big, looking at the form.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                  Quite like Grand Messe at the prices.
                  9-1 seems too big, looking at the form.
                  I wouldnt disagree. Last time out was a considerable jump up in his form. The 2nd moises has is a very nice horse in his own right. And worth following.

Grand messe may not quite beat james du Berlais imo, but your quite right, he is overpriced.

Depending on the way in which the race is ran, FOR FUN stays very well, if they do go quick enough on the front end he may be able to reverse that form, but it's no given.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Listowel today - L.31.- 1.- Miss oriental - 1-40.-u/p.
                    2.- Finest evermore - 2-15.-1st.
                    3.- Humm baby - 2-50.-n/r.
                    4.- Veneziano springs - 4-30.-u/p.
                    5.- Sir bob - 5-00.-u/p.
                    Last edited by BigChaang; 27 September 2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      4.05 Auteuil.
                      James Du Berlais
                      7/4 bet365 1pt win.
                      I like this lad alot, he is rock solid, progressive, and imo one of the most exciting young hurdlers in france. I cant wait to see him go novice chasing, but back to the task ahead tomorrow over hurdles. I'm surprised that he has opened up at 7/4. imo this is more than fair. I see him as an even money chance. He has improved with each run, jumps, travels and finishes out his races well, I expect him to go extremely close here.

https://scooby91horseracingtips.com
                      Scooby, do you think the owners will move him from France to a UK trainer this season or bring him over for the Festival?? I saw him race recently and agree he was really impressive

Comment

I just noticed Nico De Bonville has one ride booked for tomorrow at Huntingdon in the last race of the card at 4.20. Nico is riding Little Miss Madam for Ben Pauling in the bumper race. It’s the filly’s first race and Ben Paulings only runner on the card too. Currently 7/2

Comment

Backing one today. Ffos Las 3.18 Ballinsker 11/8 - Not a huge price, but hoping this one is fit and ready to go for his seasonal debut. He'll be suited by further over the course of the season, but the hurdle races (and performances in them) he has run in to date have a solid enough feel about them that he should really be winning this today, before that step up in trip. I don't think he'd want it much softer than it currently is though, but there is no rain forecast currently until after his race.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Backing one today. Ffos Las 3.18 Ballinsker 11/8 - Not a huge price, but hoping this one is fit and ready to go for his seasonal debut. He'll be suited by further over the course of the season, but the hurdle races (and performances in them) he has run in to date have a solid enough feel about them that he should really be winning this today, before that step up in trip. I don't think he'd want it much softer than it currently is though, but there is no rain forecast currently until after his race.
                            Somewhat disappointing, but the winner has done that incredibly well.

Up in trip for Ballinsker next I guess.

Comment

Im not going to back him but i had I K BRUNEL in my tracker with the notes of (will be a good staying novice chaser) hes running 2m 5f tommoro in the 1.00pm @ fontwell hes 11/8 so ill leave him but i think hell go well

Comment

Fearless and Lord Baddsley had good write ups from their trainers in the One Jump Ahead book. They both race in the 12.30 at Fontwell today.

Comment

Working...
                                X