Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Apprentice Fat Jockey (5lb claim)
    Clondaw Bertie out in Punchestown tomorrow. Should be taking in the top novice hurdle races in Ireland this year. You would expect him to go close in that maiden.

Nice card throughout Dessie.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Joleg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dessie the great View Post
    Clondaw Bertie out in Punchestown tomorrow. Should be taking in the top novice hurdle races in Ireland this year. You would expect him to go close in that maiden.
    Very poor run, was there any explanation from the trainer afterwards ?

The winner looked very impressive there

Apprentice Fat Jockey (5lb claim)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joleg View Post
    Very poor run, was there any explanation from the trainer afterwards ?

The winner looked very impressive there
    Didn't hear anything, he travelled well but seemed to get very tired after turning in. Trainers horses often need the run but it was still a disappointing performance given he was well suppirted beforehand. Winner looked very good beating a decent field on debut. HdeB horses tend to come on for their debut too.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Ray's Avatar
    2 of possible interest this week, Getaway Trump runs in the 1.40 at fontwell on saturday and friday at kilbeggan 6.20 A Wave Of The Sea in a beginners chase like aramax yesterday also gets the weight for age allowances

Professional Fat Jockey Middle_Of_March's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    2 of possible interest this week, Getaway Trump runs in the 1.40 at fontwell on saturday and friday at kilbeggan 6.20 A Wave Of The Sea in a beginners chase like aramax yesterday also gets the weight for age allowances
    I’d be interested in Getaway Trump too.

Very strange season from him last year but I still believe there’s a decent race or two in him at some point

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Spectre's Avatar
    The 3.35 at Fontwell is a really nice little handicap chase for the time of year, and I'm looking to oppose the Paul Nicholls and Gary Moore co-favourites, even though they're both horses I like. Of those two Beat The Judge is one I have in my tracker, and he's a horse potentially going places, so I'll be watching to see how he's campaigned. I certainly think he has the beating of Nicholls Ashutor, but he's taking on more experienced rivals that could still be very well handicapped so, despite his backform over hurdles and him having a nice novice chase campaign this summer, I prefer to look for the value elsewhere.

There are two that I think are very good alternatives. Firstly Chesterfield 11/1, has switched back to fences and had a pipe opener 3 weeks ago, presumably to be aimed at this. His back from over fences suggests he may still be on a lenient mark. He's looked good and kept decent company, and this trip at this kind of course is just what he wants.

The other is Ballywood 5/1. He's become a bit frustrating, but Alan King could hardly be in better form, and again this is just what he needs. He's all speed, and wants good ground. His 6th in the Grand Annual reads well in the context of this race, and he is certainly much better than his current handicap mark under his optimum conditions.

For good measure I've done the reverse forecast.
    Last edited by Spectre; 12th September 2020 at 07:46 AM.
    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

1.10 sligo tommorow..heaven help us..odds on favourite but could be one for the roll ups! Will be interesting to see how she goes 7th in the supreme, before that had got within 8 lengths of abacadabras aswell

Newton Abbot today .. 1.- Nachi falls - 3-00.- u/p.
    2.- Operatic export - 3-35.- 1st.
    3.- My lady grey - 4-10.- u/p.
    4.- Coole cody - 4-45.- 2nd.
    All the fav's i think ...
    Last edited by BigChaang; 20th September 2020 at 09:52 AM.

Day 1 at Listowel looks good

Im having a go on; tellmesomethingirl, anything will do and the storyteller