Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champions Day - Ascot - Saturday 17th October 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    As exciting as Pinatubo was as a 2yo you just have to accept his generation is weak.
    His Dewhurst win earned him a rating of 128 as a 2yo, AOB sent over 4 of his battalion to take on Pinatubo and those four are 0-11 in 2020, I haven't gone back any further but I'm not convinced his previous wins will show any real depth either.
    All that said it's good have one to get excited about and he did manage to win a G1 as a 3yo...
    I haven't looked, but how many outstanding 2yos have increased ratings at 3yo of say 5lbs or 7lbs?

I would think there arent many apart from Frankel.

Too Darn Hot
    Arazi
    Celtic Swing
    Dream Ahead
    Xaar

I dont think any of those took a leap forward of 5lb to 7lbs.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Agree SW, but applying a rating of 128 there was only really one way to go...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        Agree SW, but applying a rating of 128 there was only really one way to go...
        Yep, how many that rate 125 or more at 2yo improve at all, or even 2 or 3lbs?
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

If anyone fancies Dame Malliott on Sat, Billies are offering 8s on their specials for Hollie Doyle to ride a Group 1 winner, so double the price generally available for DM and a free bet on a couple of outsiders thrown in, inc Glen Shiel in the sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
            If anyone fancies Dame Malliott on Sat, Billies are offering 8s on their specials for Hollie Doyle to ride a Group 1 winner, so double the price generally available for DM and a free bet on a couple of outsiders thrown in, inc Glen Shiel in the sprint.
            Sorry lads literally just taken down to 9/4

Comment

Soft heavy in places by the looks of it, likely to make Champions Day something of a guess up...

Comment

...looks like a bit of money for Alternative Fact in the Balmoral, into 10-1 with Coral/Ladbroke, still bits of 16-1 available.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                  ...looks like a bit of money for Alternative Fact in the Balmoral, into 10-1 with Coral/Ladbroke, still bits of 16-1 available.
                  Dettori factor maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by BookieBasher View Post
                    Dettori factor maybe?
                    ...possibly. Those bits of 16-1 have now gone.

Comment

Rory Delargy and Kevin Blake both napped him, I think.

Got some 19.5/1 this morning with Hills.

Comment

Really fancy Hortzador in the Balmoral, currently best price 40-1 with 365.

Won 2 of its last 3 with holdup tactics, then the last race they rode him up with the leaders where he flattened out to finish down the field. Looks to me like they were using that to get him ready for this race without impacting his handicap mark. Hes trained by O'Meara who loves this race (won 2 out of last 3) and always puts a few away for it. On top of that hes booked the king of the hold up tactics Jamie Spencer whos never ridden him before. I expect him to be coming fast and late, with a bit of luck and a clear passage he could easily make the places or better.

Comment

Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
                          Really fancy Hortzador in the Balmoral, currently best price 40-1 with 365.

Won 2 of its last 3 with holdup tactics, then the last race they rode him up with the leaders where he flattened out to finish down the field. Looks to me like they were using that to get him ready for this race without impacting his handicap mark. Hes trained by O'Meara who loves this race (won 2 out of last 3) and always puts a few away for it. On top of that hes booked the king of the hold up tactics Jamie Spencer whos never ridden him before. I expect him to be coming fast and late, with a bit of luck and a clear passage he could easily make the places or better.
                          Jamie Spencer is at Ascot for one ride on Saturday but he's also shared his thoughts on the rest of the card

Hortzadar

I suppose you could say he was a little disappointing at York last time, having gone into that race on the back of successes at Ripon and Goodwood. I suppose it could be a case of the handicapper having caught up with him after upping him 7lb for those two victories and he hasn’t run up to his best in his previous Ascot starts, but 1m on soft ground are his ideal conditions and hopefully he can improve upon that York run last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Jamie Spencer is at Ascot for one ride on Saturday but he's also shared his thoughts on the rest of the card

Hortzadar

I suppose you could say he was a little disappointing at York last time, having gone into that race on the back of successes at Ripon and Goodwood. I suppose it could be a case of the handicapper having caught up with him after upping him 7lb for those two victories and he hasn’t run up to his best in his previous Ascot starts, but 1m on soft ground are his ideal conditions and hopefully he can improve upon that York run last time.
                            Jamie towing the party line there, never trust a jockey. He knows hes on a certainty

Comment

Haha, I have actually backed him, despite having already read his 'thoughts'.

Pretty bleak looking day for him with 1 ride, and it's a 40/1 no-hoper...

He must think we're daft

Comment

The racing is ripe for a boil over tomorrow. Chanced Sir Busker at a massive price (66/1, 4 places) in the QE II.

I was hoping both SB and Escobar would turn up in the Balmoral, yet they appear here and will probably end up backing both at huge prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X