Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Elizabeth II Stakes - Palace Pier vs Mohaather

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen Elizabeth II Stakes - Palace Pier vs Mohaather

Will this become the clash of the two best milers in Europe?

Will Mohaather face Palace pier here? If so who wins and does it just come down to the going on the day?

Mohaather is rated 3 pounds higher on OR but both have achieved the same RPR on their last races
    Does 3/1 Mohaather represent any value? With PP 3 pound 3 yr old allowance they are very closely matched.

IMO this is the most eagerly anticipated bust up before the start of the NH Season!
    Last edited by 7barrows; 20 August 2020, 10:17 AM.

Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
    Will this become the clash of the two best milers in Europe?

Will Mohaather face Palace pier here? If so who wins and does it just come down to the going on the day?

Mohaather is rated 3 pounds higher on OR but both have achieved the same RPR on their last races
    Does 3/1 Mohaather represent any value? With PP 3 pound 3 yr old allowance they are very closely matched.

IMO this is the most eagerly anticipated bust up before the start of the NH Season!
    I think the Sussex Stakes was more eagerly anticipated...

and the Arc is now more eagerly anticipated....but it'll be a good clash

I like Palace Pier more than Mohaather if they were priced the same... but they're not... so you may be right that 3/1 does represent value.... if it's the target.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 20 August 2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

True - Love is looking veey very strong for the arc mind you , enable vs love isn’t quite as intriguing as PP VS Mohaather in terms of a two horse race to me, I think Love looks like she’s going to be to do the biz, Enables year was last year!

Comment

Big blow ... Mohaather retired to stud

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Big blow ... Mohaather retired to stud
          I can understand that. There was an article in the last month on Shadwell Stud bemoaning their lack of a top class Stallion in recent years, so they have taken no chances, following an injury, and whipped him off to the paddocks to try and make him their long-lost stud hero,
          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
            I can understand that. There was an article in the last month on Shadwell Stud bemoaning their lack of a top class Stallion in recent years, so they have taken no chances, following an injury, and whipped him off to the paddocks to try and make him their long-lost stud hero,
            wow such a shame , I loved that horse , had won nice nice chunks.!!! does that make palace pier a very interesting roll over horse?

Comment

Working...
            X