Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltz Fest 2021 Behind Closed Doors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    Can’t agree there Geordieboy, Cheltenham has always been and will always be the pinnacle of the NH season, the introduction of Dublin is timed so that their best horses get top class preps and have sufficient recovery time before March.
    Dublin has not had a negative impact on Punchestown or Fairyhouse, there’s room for them all.
    Irish trainers will always target Cheltenham races, it’s as if it’s in the blood...
    I agree with it being in blood etc. Hopefully it’s just me overthinking with the news over last few days. Couldn’t imagine Cheltenham without the Irish horses and spectators and hopefully it never happens.

Comment

• O2 given go ahead for 4700 people to concert in December and Royal A Hall will welcome back 2500 for shows at Xmas. No excuses now for Football and Racing spectators to return.

Comment

• I read on the RP website this morning that racings leaders have written to government on that matter.

There was the crazy scenario last Saturday where an FA Cup qualifying game was played and the home club were OK to open their clubhouse, welcome fans to watch a live TV stream of a game being played 20 yards away in the indoors bar but the law meant all windows had to be blacked out and no fans were allowed to go outside, in the fresh air where it’s easier to distance yourself from others, to watch the game.
        I’ve also heard of 3000 people turning up to watch racing on TV at Newbury and other racecourses hosting boot sales and antique fayres.
        The inconsistencies are staggering...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          I read on the RP website this morning that racings leaders have written to government on that matter.

There was the crazy scenario last Saturday where an FA Cup qualifying game was played and the home club were OK to open their clubhouse, welcome fans to watch a live TV stream of a game being played 20 yards away in the indoors bar but the law meant all windows had to be blacked out and no fans were allowed to go outside, in the fresh air where it’s easier to distance yourself from others, to watch the game.
          I’ve also heard of 3000 people turning up to watch racing on TV at Newbury and other racecourses hosting boot sales and antique fayres.
          The inconsistencies are staggering...
          It's almost as if they want us to catch it, whatever it is, by allowing people to watch these things in numbers inside. All part of the Herd Immunity plan. Bristol Rugby have a big playoff game at the weekend and have a Hospitality day for 250 people booked up yet no fans allowed in the ground. It just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• I follow my local football team in Belfast here Glentoran and we are allowed 850 fans in for a match this weekend yet just down the road Down Royal isn’t even allowed owners again. Just no consistency. The Down Royal card. At the end of the month looks like it will be by far the best ever too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballybeen View Post
              I follow my local football team in Belfast here Glentoran and we are allowed 850 fans in for a match this weekend yet just down the road Down Royal isn’t even allowed owners again. Just no consistency. The Down Royal card. At the end of the month looks like it will be by far the best ever too.
              Makes no sense at all. Can't be assed with any of it now. Total bullshit.

Comment

• I'm still awaiting my Members Badge. Has everyone else received theirs??

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                  I'm still awaiting my Members Badge. Has everyone else received theirs??
                  No I havent either... would have normally had it a while ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                    No I havent either... would have normally had it a while ago.
                    I asked because a mate bought one 3 days before me and received his last weekend. Perhaps they send them alphabetically? He was C , I am L.

Comment

I got mine yesterday.
                      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                        I got mine yesterday.
                        What initial are you Saxon?

Comment

Landed Monday...

Comment

• My mate who is a "B" got his a couple of days ago, I'm a "K" and still waiting

Comment

• I don't usually get membership, bought it for the first time this season and it came within a few days of me ordering. I am one of the lucky "A"s though...

Comment

• Got mine about 2.5 weeks ago, I'm in a B, not sure if that's the system they use

Comment

Working...
                                X