Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Prix Jacques Le Marois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prix Jacques Le Marois

Does anyone have a strong opinion on the race with it likely to be on soft possibly even heavy going now if the weather rolls in, I know they’ve already had a bucket load of rain today, original thoughts were palace pier had them all covered but I keep getting drawn to circus maximus with the thought of it being soft

Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
    Does anyone have a strong opinion on the race with it likely to be on soft possibly even heavy going now if the weather rolls in, I know they’ve already had a bucket load of rain today, original thoughts were palace pier had them all covered but I keep getting drawn to circus maximus with the thought of it being soft
    Cracking race, Persian King for me

Comment

Palace pier still holds an entry in Juddmonte, is there any chance they could go here? I have an ante post acca rolling on palace in france so this has confused me somewhat... cash out still available too!

Comment

Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
        Palace pier still holds an entry in Juddmonte, is there any chance they could go here? I have an ante post acca rolling on palace in france so this has confused me somewhat... cash out still available too!
        Very much doubt it? Thought Mishriff would head there, but maybe if it's like a bog in France they could?

Comment

Have bets rolling on to Palace pier myself but the cash out has been suspended on them now... Deauville I due to be mainly dry today and tomorrow but have no idea as to how the course drains, anything like the straight at Ascot then it will be good, good to soft at worse come sunday if the weather is right

Comment

The positive is that Dettori has kept both rides on Mishriff and Palace Pier despite the quarantine measures, clearly doesn't fancy anything at York next week

Comment

Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
              The positive is that Dettori has kept both rides on Mishriff and Palace Pier despite the quarantine measures, clearly doesn't fancy anything at York next week
              He doesn’t ride Darain at York (Oisin does), and he has only ridden Lord North twice in 9 starts, and none this year (so James Doyle will continue on Lord North after riding him to his biggest victory LTO in the Prince of Wales Stakes - Frankie rode the stables Mehdaayih in that race!).

With Enable and Stradivarius also skipping York this year, it makes sense to go with two recent Grade 1 winners running in France, for loads more prize money than York.

Mishriff’s Grade 2 race is worth nearly as much as the Juddmonte International at York
              Palace Pier’s Grade 1 race is worth double the Juddmonte prize.
              Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 14 August 2020, 02:53 PM.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Is there any value out there tomorrow - Palace pier seems very strong on the market - anyone got strong views against his chances . The money is coming so connections must be fine with the conditions.

Did the mug bet and backed the dettorri double ... surely that’s too easy spot and Come off ?

Comment

Romanised 10-1 seems too big.
                  I'll be backing that.

Comment

Alpine Star @ 6/1 for me. She gets all the allowances, is proven on soft so might have a significant advantage over the colts

Comment

Alpine star is my main worry against Palace Pier, in a decent enough position with Palace so took the option of having a saver on Alpine Star, as you said that weight allowance in heavy going could make all the difference at the line

Comment

Palace Pier basically Evens across the boards now, someone’s confident....!!

Comment

Deuville L.15 today . 1- Roc angel - 2-15.
                          2- Persian king - 2-50.
                          3- Paix - 4-00.
                          4- Tibasti - 4-35.

Comment

Working...
                          X