Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Retirement Multiples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement Multiples

There are plenty of big multiples flying around on this forum. Out of interest, has anyone on here ever had a really big one come in ? I certainly haven't which is why I gave up doing them several years ago. Be interesting to find out though just to prove miracles do happen.

Not had one in but I felt I was super unlucky in 2017, had an EW l63 on with Might Bite @ 16s, Buveur D'air around 8s i believe, DDS at 7s, Apples Jade around 7s, then Douvan (Fractured pelvis mid race) and Thistlecrack who obviously never made the GC. Was still a nice return from the 4, would have been ever better if Douvan won, and then life changing if thistlecrack won aswell. Nice to dream though isn't it!

The likelihood that you hit one 1 day is soooo slim but the potential to change your life for say £30 or so is too tempting and find myself having a number every year in hope

Comment

The best I can come up with is a successful 50p Super Heinz where I had every one a winner at the Dubai Cup meeting but they were all shorties so I ended up with just £900. All I ever hear is hard luck stories in these biggies. Almost as if the 'establishment' put a stop to it. Annie Power day comes to mind. The last time the nation won was Frankie's magnificent 7 at Ascot. Suppose they have to keep that carrot dangling and give us one every 25 years !
      Last edited by Lobos; 5 August 2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

It wouldn't have been retirement but had Delta Work won the GC, I'd now be mortgage free.

It was a canadian and the 3 winners still won me a few grand but it's the closest I've been to a life changing amount.

Comment

The weekend before Cheltenham this year i had 4 winners in a yankee, my biggest winning bet ever by a long way. I didnt know it at the time but it was also the last time i got to watch the racing with my Dad. I don't know what you all believe in but that to me was proof there's more going on out there than we know

Comment

I do too many of these!

Currently have Shiskin, Aione, Ballyadam and Envoi for a total of £3.75m and same bet without Aione for 100k.

Not life changers, but I had a chunky amount rolling onto Cause of Causes in 2018 and Paisley Park this year which both went tits up
            Last edited by Vautour; 5 August 2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
              The weekend before Cheltenham this year i had 4 winners in a yankee, my biggest winning bet ever by a long way. I didnt know it at the time but it was also the last time i got to watch the racing with my Dad. I don't know what you all believe in but that to me was proof there's more going on out there than we know
              Absolutely. Funny how things work out like that .

Comment

Painful story, but in 2014 I went through the card at Royal Ascot.

I came home and told the wife to be the wedding was sorted, as I'd won £6k. She was delighted

What were the odds she asked

66,000/1 I said

How come you you only won £6k???

I only put 10p each way on it

Why didn't you put a pound, we could've bought a house

Well, I didn't really think it was going to win I said.

And that's how my greatest accomplishment is also my greatest regret

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  It wouldn't have been retirement but had Delta Work won the GC, I'd now be mortgage free.

It was a canadian and the 3 winners still won me a few grand but it's the closest I've been to a life changing amount.
                  I was so emotionally involved in this
                  Despite a non runner, it was incredible, and has inspired me to loosen up my stance on the 'life changer' bets.

Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post

Originally posted by Vautour View Post
                  I do too many of these!

Currently have Shiskin, Aione, Ballyadam and Envoi for a total of £3.75m and same bet without Aione for 100k.

Not life changers, but I had a chunky amount rolling onto Cause of Causes in 2018 and Paisley Park this year which both went tits up
                  I don't do enough, I can count of my hands the number of 7 figure return bets I've placed in the last 6 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Vautour View Post
                    I do too many of these!

It was your fault PP bailed out then ! Tut, tut ! See what I mean about one letting everyone down. Crazy that with the numbers on here no one has had a biggy.

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
                      Painful story, but in 2014 I went through the card at Royal Ascot.

I came home and told the wife to be the wedding was sorted, as I'd won £6k. She was delighted

What were the odds she asked

66,000/1 I said

How come you you only won £6k???

I only put 10p each way on it

Why didn't you put a pound, we could've bought a house

Well, I didn't really think it was going to win I said.

And that's how my greatest accomplishment is also my greatest regret
                      Wow. Truly amazing. Your wife's response I mean , lol ! No seriously, that's a great story/return and one that warms my cockles.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                        It was your fault PP bailed out then ! Tut, tut ! See what I mean about one letting everyone down. Crazy that with the numbers on here no one has had a biggy.
                        I'd probably retire from the forum if I won enough to retire... wouldn't have to argue with the likes of you losers would I

Comment

A chap who used to come to the Fez with us won £160,000 for a £1 ACCA on Frankie's magnificent 7 and was invited with all the other big winners to the big bash that they put on. Sadly it messed him right up. He lost the lot, marriage broke up, took to the drink and not seen him since. Not always a happy ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            I'd probably retire from the forum if I won enough to retire... wouldn't have to argue with the likes of you losers would I
                            You'd have to throw us a few quid first !

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                              You'd have to throw us a few quid first !
                              I do, as tips

Comment

Working...
                              X