Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham Spreadsheet

Hi all

Quick question - after a good couple of years antepost punting the stakes and volume of bets means that I am looking to put more effort into how I record and manage record of bets. I wanted to see how people do this - did you create your own spreadsheet split by each day of the festival or race? Does anyone know of any spreadsheets available online? Possibly a lazy question as I know not to much effort required to make a spread but thought I’d ask the question

Thanks also to everyone for the views and debate. Have lurked for a couple of years and had some great wins off the back of opinions read on here. Will get my antepost diary up soon !

I think one or two of the members use their own - but I once saw a youtube demo for the guy at Cheltmental who does one.
    Link to his facebook (might be older version) below

Comment

The Betloader is back for the 2019/20 season and there have been a couple of enhancements. Plenty more to be added as I work on publishing this as a web appl...

The youtube video. for Betloader.

Comment

The one Q has highlighted is very good.

I haven't migrated over to it yet, I'd need to start a fresh and keep putting it off.

I'm considering making one myself with a friend of mine who is a bit of a database whizz, but I keep getting distracted by life

I've out grown the one I use to be honest, feel like I need a bespoke spreadsheet/database.

I think Ryan has a pretty good one, if he's about...

Comment

Ryan provided a very good spreadsheet, I’m sure it can be found on an old thread of similar description.
          Far too clever for me though, good old pen and paper works....

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH4CJpna7AQ

The youtube video. for Betloader.
            I tried that awhile back but looks like email address was gone. Think you have to mail to get the sheet

Comment

Mine has a lovely v lookup so I can just put in the race name and it will populate it with the race date and number (i have numerical codes for multiple types too to make it easier to pivot them afterwards)

I also keep it in google sheets, so sacrifice so functionality for accessibility (excel365 blows)

Comment

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Comment

As mentioned to a few member via Dm, i know Dave(Cheltmental) very well so anyone wanting his betloader drop me a message and ill pass on his email to get in touch etc.

Comment

Just wondering whether there are any 2021 Festival spreadsheets knocking around which folks could recommend? I have one where I record all of my bets but would like something more Festival-specific and which can track exposure and potential profit from individual horses and races etc. I did email Cheltmental Dave regarding his BetLoader as has been suggested above but have received no response; I guess he is fairly busy making videos etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Read this as 'Cheltenham Suspended' in my morning stupor. Nearly fell off my chair.

Comment

I use just a plain and simple spreadsheet template through App Store on phone I think it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonjers View Post
                          Read this as 'Cheltenham Suspended' in my morning stupor. Nearly fell off my chair.
                          I can only apologise...

Comment

Originally posted by Evesham Road View Post

I can only apologise...
                            And so can I for being of no assistance to your question!

Comment

Working...
                            X