Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

August Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Is there a theme for this one MoM? Trainer, owner etc
    Mullins was the original plan which I’d be happy still doing as the penultimate of the summer yankees

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
      Mullins was the original plan which I’d be happy still doing as the penultimate of the summer yankees

I've still not changed my mind from my original post on the thread that these are the 4 most solid looking Mullins horses, excluding Billaway who I would like to put in but couldn't because of the lack of markets. You'd be confident about targets and they'll all be much shorter come the Festival, especially Al Boum Photo who will be odds on.

Monkfish
      Chacun Pour Soi
      Melon (Ryanair)
      Al Boum Photo
      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
        I've still not changed my mind from my original post on the thread that these are the 4 most solid looking Mullins horses, excluding Billaway who I would like to put in but couldn't because of the lack of markets. You'd be confident about targets and they'll all be much shorter come the Festival, especially Al Boum Photo who will be odds on.

Monkfish
        Chacun Pour Soi
        Melon (Ryanair)
        Al Boum Photo
        I'd substitute Aramon for Monkfish but the other 3 work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
          I'd substitute Aramon for Monkfish but the other 3 work for me.
          Agree Monkfish should be substituted for something in view of the RSA looking a minefield and no firm plans where he'll go. I'd have Saint Roi over Aramon though.

Comment

Agree with Al boum photo. Take aramon / Saint Roi (probably the latter as I don't think I can see Aramon winning a champion hurdle) or Monkfish for the RSA. Probably Elixir D'ainay to continue Mullins' excellent Arkle record and Min in the Ryanair for me

Comment

How many people can't get on with WH?

They do have shops as well don't they ...

If Billaway is as popular as he seems to be, we shouldn't miss out?

Is hard enough without putting restrictionson ourselves and technically, anyone could get on, just be a bit of effort?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Is hard enough without putting restrictionson ourselves and technically, anyone could get on, just be a bit of effort?
                Or request bookies to add maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Fair comment.

From my own perspective, the nearest William Hill to me is twenty odd miles away. So firstly I have little interest in driving that kind of distance for any bet I want to place with anyone. Secondly I have no real need otherwise to visit any bookies when I have online accounts. And thirdly (and this is the absolute clincher that I could have started with and said nothing else), it's in Coventry! So all of that, and the fact there was pretty much no reason for them to zap my account in the first place, is more than enough reason or me to skip this one, if I have to use that shocker of an outfit.

The point Lobos makes about the other bookies not pricing the market is a good one though. You'd think with the lost revenue from the big end of season meetings, they'd have a market up that would be pretty easy for them to price based on last seasons race, with a good chance that the winner isn't even known to anyone yet. So the fact they will hold punters money for 7 or 8 months for a race highly in their favour, makes it's a perfect antepost market for them.
                  Last edited by Spectre; 28 August 2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                    Fair comment.

From my own perspective, the nearest William Hill to me is twenty odd miles away. So firstly I have little interest in driving that kind of distance for any bet I want to place with anyone. Secondly I have no real need otherwise to visit any bookies when I have online accounts. And thirdly (and this is the absolute clincher that I could have started with and said nothing else), it's in Coventry! So all of that, and the fact there was pretty much no reason for them to zap my account in the first place, is more than enough reason or me to skip this one, if I have to use that shocker of an outfit.

The point Lobos makes about the other bookies not pricing the market is a good one though. You'd think with the lost revenue from the big end of season meetings, they'd have a market up that would be pretty easy for them to price based on last seasons race, with a good chance that the winner isn't even known to anyone yet. So the fact they will hold punters money for 7 or 8 months for a race highly in their favour, makes it's a perfect antepost market for them.
                    They let me have 51p on though Spectre, so they can’t be all bad.
                    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

And don't get me started on the lack of best odds guaranteed. Shameful outfit.

Comment

They haven't limited me yet (although that probably says a lot about my betting...)

Better than Skybet, Paddy Power & Coral - who banned me after 1 festival week where I didn't have a winner with them.

Comment

...Princess Zoe might be worth capturing whilst the plunge continues.

Comment

What about a Mullins Festival Friday returning winners yankee.

Saint Roi 20-1 CH
                            Burning Victory 20-1 MH
                            Monkfish 10-1 RSA
                            Al Boum Photo 6-1 GC

could switch Al Boum for Ferny Hollow 12-1 supreme, if not wanting Boum again.

all prices with 365, although only 5-1 boum.
                            Last edited by Quevega; 31 August 2020, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Will post this up tonight lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                                Will post this up tonight lads.
                                I appreciate you live in a different time zone MoM but have I missed this ?
                                Look forward to the selections........at about 4am no doubt !

Comment

Working...
                                X