Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

King George VI Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King George VI Chase 2020

Couldn’t see a thread, so I thought I’d start one.

Real Steel was running a great race in the Gold Cup until fading 2 out. In his Sporting Life column in May, Mark Howard suggested the King George could be an ideal destination and with somebody on here posting that the horse has moved to Paul Nicholls, that target has to be even more likely.

I threw an early dart @ 45-1 but 33-1 (without boost) still available.
    Last edited by Eggs; 24 July 2020, 08:29 AM.

That's a really good pick up Eggs. Thanks.
    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
      Couldn’t see a thread, so I thought I’d start one.

Real Steel was running a great race in the Gold Cup until fading 2 out. In his Sporting Life column in May, Mark Howard suggested the King George could be an ideal destination and with somebody on here posting that the horse has moved to Paul Nicholls, that target has to be even more likely.

I threw an early dart @ 45-1 but 33-1 (without boost) still available.
      Like that Eggs.

I remember very clearly Ruby saying he's a horse in limbo for Cheltenham, as he probably won't stay the Gold Cup trip but isn't quite speedy enough to win a Ryanair and with hindsight, the way he won in the Gold Cup you'd say that was quite a fair read on the horse?

I'd worry he's not quite classy enough to win a King George to be honest, however the way he travelled and loomed up after 3 miles in the Gold Cup was scary (as a non-backer!) He actually looked to be going best round the bend!

I'll chance 1 pt e/w at 33/1 with PP, I think, as I have no doubt Nicholls will be happy to have multiple runners in the race.

Comment

That Gold Cup run as well, which to be fair he only was beaten 7.25L despite CLEARLY not staying 3m2f looks really, really good in terms of the King George...... where was Clan Des Obeaux in the Gold Cup? Is it fair to say the pick of Real Steel's form was right handed too? I think I recall them at least mentioning it (need to fact check)

He was only 3.75L behind Min over 2m4f, was staying on well that day after being outpaced, that's still a solid run.... I'd fancy Real Steel over Min at 3m anyway. (Not that Min is going there)

Comment

I like this Eggs! Following you in

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Like that Eggs.

I remember very clearly Ruby saying he's a horse in limbo for Cheltenham, as he probably won't stay the Gold Cup trip but isn't quite speedy enough to win a Ryanair and with hindsight, the way he won in the Gold Cup you'd say that was quite a fair read on the horse?

I'd worry he's not quite classy enough to win a King George to be honest, however the way he travelled and loomed up after 3 miles in the Gold Cup was scary (as a non-backer!) He actually looked to be going best round the bend!

I'll chance 1 pt e/w at 33/1 with PP, I think, as I have no doubt Nicholls will be happy to have multiple runners in the race.

....into 16-1 with PP. Kev moving markets!!
            Last edited by Eggs; 25 July 2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
              ....into 16-1 with PP. Kev moving markets!!
              The lurkers have been busy

Comment

Solid rationale. Took the 33s with Hills, then noticed they'd spelt his name wrong. Hopefully not an omen

Comment

Like that Eggs.

So I have.... I've added Real Steel

2 pts e/w - at 36.75/1

Future Kevloaf, you're welcome.

Comment

Obvs plans can change but been told today that Vinndication’s path towards a crack at the Gold Cup will likely be Charlie Hall, Ladbrokes Trophy and the Cotswold Chase. I know somebody mentioned him for this race so I’d certainly be cautious in that respect

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                      Obvs plans can change but been told today that Vinndication’s path towards a crack at the Gold Cup will likely be Charlie Hall, Ladbrokes Trophy and the Cotswold Chase. I know somebody mentioned him for this race so I’d certainly be cautious in that respect
                      Left Handed-Left Handed-Left Handed - no fear he needs a Right-Handed track then, after last seasons run at the Festival.
                      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Paul Nicholls in his Gaurdian update today...

“Real Steel could be a King George horse,” the trainer says. “To me it looked like he didn’t get the Gold Cup trip last year. It looked like he was gonna win, at the second-last. He was tanking. It might be that he’s a two-five, three-mile horse.”

2.5pts ew 33/1 added.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                          Paul Nicholls in his Gaurdian update today...

“Real Steel could be a King George horse,” the trainer says. “To me it looked like he didn’t get the Gold Cup trip last year. It looked like he was gonna win, at the second-last. He was tanking. It might be that he’s a two-five, three-mile horse.”

2.5pts ew 33/1 added.
                          Excellentayyyy

I'm already on 3 points e/w

I snook him into an ante post lucky 15 with Tiz The Law too

Comment

Excellentayyyy

I'm already on 3 points e/w

I snook him into an ante post lucky 15 with Tiz The Law too
                            Nice one Kev. One step ahead as per! Would love it if there was another small field this year, could well be as it wont suit santini, i am not convinced Kemptop is Champs course either and the Irish tend to stay in their own back yard - another 5 runner field would be delightful!

Comment

Clan Des Obeaux the one to beat at the moment still, but 33/1 is just a big old price.

Credit to Eggs though, he put us on to it and I still think it's a great price potentially.

Comment

Working...
                              X