Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Eggs's Avatar

King George VI Chase 2020

Couldn’t see a thread, so I thought I’d start one.

Real Steel was running a great race in the Gold Cup until fading 2 out. In his Sporting Life column in May, Mark Howard suggested the King George could be an ideal destination and with somebody on here posting that the horse has moved to Paul Nicholls, that target has to be even more likely.

I threw an early dart @ 45-1 but 33-1 (without boost) still available.
    Last edited by Eggs; 24th July 2020 at 08:29 AM.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Spectre's Avatar
    That's a really good pick up Eggs. Thanks.

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    Couldn’t see a thread, so I thought I’d start one.

Real Steel was running a great race in the Gold Cup until fading 2 out. In his Sporting Life column in May, Mark Howard suggested the King George could be an ideal destination and with somebody on here posting that the horse has moved to Paul Nicholls, that target has to be even more likely.

I threw an early dart @ 45-1 but 33-1 (without boost) still available.
    Like that Eggs.

I remember very clearly Ruby saying he's a horse in limbo for Cheltenham, as he probably won't stay the Gold Cup trip but isn't quite speedy enough to win a Ryanair and with hindsight, the way he won in the Gold Cup you'd say that was quite a fair read on the horse?

I'd worry he's not quite classy enough to win a King George to be honest, however the way he travelled and loomed up after 3 miles in the Gold Cup was scary (as a non-backer!) He actually looked to be going best round the bend!

I'll chance 1 pt e/w at 33/1 with PP, I think, as I have no doubt Nicholls will be happy to have multiple runners in the race.

That Gold Cup run as well, which to be fair he only was beaten 7.25L despite CLEARLY not staying 3m2f looks really, really good in terms of the King George...... where was Clan Des Obeaux in the Gold Cup? Is it fair to say the pick of Real Steel's form was right handed too? I think I recall them at least mentioning it (need to fact check)

He was only 3.75L behind Min over 2m4f, was staying on well that day after being outpaced, that's still a solid run.... I'd fancy Real Steel over Min at 3m anyway. (Not that Min is going there)

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Big Bucks's Avatar
    I like this Eggs! Following you in

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Eggs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Like that Eggs.

I remember very clearly Ruby saying he's a horse in limbo for Cheltenham, as he probably won't stay the Gold Cup trip but isn't quite speedy enough to win a Ryanair and with hindsight, the way he won in the Gold Cup you'd say that was quite a fair read on the horse?

I'd worry he's not quite classy enough to win a King George to be honest, however the way he travelled and loomed up after 3 miles in the Gold Cup was scary (as a non-backer!) He actually looked to be going best round the bend!

I'll chance 1 pt e/w at 33/1 with PP, I think, as I have no doubt Nicholls will be happy to have multiple runners in the race.

....into 16-1 with PP. Kev moving markets!!
    Last edited by Eggs; 25th July 2020 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    ....into 16-1 with PP. Kev moving markets!!
    The lurkers have been busy

Fat Jockey FPL winner 19/20 robith's Avatar
    Solid rationale. Took the 33s with Hills, then noticed they'd spelt his name wrong. Hopefully not an omen