Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Sussex Stakes 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sussex Stakes 2020

Not sure where to put this but sounds like Kameko will go to the Sussex Stakes. Currently 8/1 with Unibet

Comment

I have an interest in Siskin as the Skybet special with Shishkin was highlighted a week or so ago.

Mohaather is an intended runner too I read yesterday, although can't find the article now.

Comment

Thanks Kev

Best priced 13/2 or 7/1 boosted with Hills

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
          Thanks Kev

Best priced 13/2 or 7/1 boosted with Hills
          Seems a fair each way price for the Guineas winner.

Certainly not an each way good thing, as Siskin, Mohaather, Circus Maximus - hard to say they wouldn't run big races too....

However, having had 1.5 pt on Siskin/Shishkin at 16/1

I'll have 1.5pts e/w on Kameko as I prefer that form to the Queen Anne personally.

Comment

Do we know if Pinatubo is a likely runner here? If he is, I think the current price represents a little bit of each way value at around 6/1. I think the 1000 Guineas and St James' Palace represent comfortably the strongest 3yo form over a mile either side of the Irish Sea. Goodwood will suit him far better than Newmarket, and I'd fancy him to beat Kameko round here - especially in the absence of a strong pace. Obviously Siskin could be very very good, but I wouldn't fancy 6/4 about the winner of what now appears to be a pretty weak Irish Guineas.

Comment

Currently seems unlikely based on CA quotes - they seem concerned about the lack of significant break so far

https://www.racingpost.com/news/hes-...an-prat/441979

Comment

Thanks for that Thorne. I shall cash out promptly!

Comment

Market update:

Comment

It’ll be interesting to see if Earthlight gets over here. He could still be top class. He’s had a pretty light campaign so far too. Looks like Fabre could be readying him for something like this after his little set back?

Comment

He could be my pick for the Prix Foret later on.

Comment

Ya - I'm not sure he's a miler. I'm tempted by Circus Maximus at those prices - market is placing massive weight in the 3 yr olds and we don't yet know their relative strength yet. Siskin has to drift unless the field cuts up - I'm not sure what to make of the Mohaather either but seems underpriced also based on what he's done so far (esp compared to CM)

Comment

Most interesting Sussex Stakes since Frankel faced Canford Cliffs

You'd be disappointed if Circus Maximus (who split Too Darn Hot and I Can Fly) last year, is the one setting the standard.

I agree the market is assuming the 3 year olds are stornger, but by God I hope they're right

I'm still only on Siskin in a 1.5pt double and Kameko at 7/1 e/w

Comment

Working...
                          X