Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

New/Young Recruits 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New/Young Recruits 20/21

I haven't seen anything similar on here so thought I'd create a thread where we can post horses we are excited about for next season that have came from the PTP scene or younger horses from France etc! Of course there will be the obvious ones like Quixillios and Sir Gerhard already mention through out the forum so potentially a good thread for ones that have gone under the radar! A different kind of example of what I mean would if a horse has moved yards in the sales and one I am excited about is Manorbank who won a bumper for Sandy Thompson before moving to Nicholls at the Feb2020 Chelt sale! My notes for this horse -

One run One win in a Kelso bumper .. travelled powerfully throughout the race with a nice action, big galloping horse who 2f out matched the leader and went on, showed a nice attitude and responded well when asked .. really took my eye the way he cleared away for a big scopey horse .. won by 4l giving over a stone away to the 2nd so it could be a really nice performance .. made 80k in feb2020 sale purchased by highflyer bloodstock ..

Look forward to your posts! **Just noticed I made a balls of the title if a Mod can fix it**

What do you want it to say boss... New/Young Recruits 20/21?

Comment

Yes please Kev

Comment

Gars De Sceaux & Magic Tricks. Finished 1-2 in a PTP @ Borris House on 1st March 2020, with the 3rd, Zoom Zoom Zoe, bolting up next time over in America.

GDS has relation ties to Un De Sceaux, unsurprisingly, given the name, whilst Magic Tricks is a full brother to Abacadabras. Whether either or both are seen much in bumpers the coming season will remain to be seen, but going forward they would both hold big interest for myself over an obstacle.

Comment

The following were in my trackers last year and are now on my list last year of horses that never made the racecourse last season. In most cases they will have been given an extra season to mature and acclimatise. A couple had a small setback and were saved.

I do this each year and it always unearths a gem or two, and I'd be hopeful that at least a couple of these will make a significant impact next season.

Rayapour
          Fin Du Match
          Bold Conduct
          Estelle Ma Belle
          Rocheston
          Frere Tuc
          El Barra
          Ain't That A Shame
          Luxy Lou
          Feu Du Bresil
          Chante Neige
          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
            The following were in my trackers last year and are now on my list last year of horses that never made the racecourse last season. In most cases they will have been given an extra season to mature and acclimatise. A couple had a small setback and were saved.

I do this each year and it always unearths a gem or two, and I'd be hopeful that at least a couple of these will make a significant impact next season.

Rayapour
            Fin Du Match
            Bold Conduct
            Estelle Ma Belle
            Rocheston
            Frere Tuc
            El Barra
            Ain't That A Shame
            Luxy Lou
            Feu Du Bresil
            Chante Neige
            Fly Smart would fit into that list too for Willie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Fly Smart would fit into that list too for Willie.
              And Figaroc

Comment

It's a pretty interesting list isn't it. With those, and the new imports and point recruits, you wouldn't want to be too deep into the novice hurdle markets at this stage.
                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                  It's a pretty interesting list isn't it. With those, and the new imports and point recruits, you wouldn't want to be too deep into the novice hurdle markets at this stage.
                  Absolutely.

I feel like three years worth of analysis and reflection on Cheltenham "what to avoid next year" has finally hit home

I wouldn't even know what to do with a free bet in the Supreme at this stage. Figaroc, Fly Smart, Rayapour, Fin Du Match, Deu Du Brasil and Chante Neige all have carried my money at some stage already so no doubt they will again upon any entries!

They aren't on my 'tracker' though, but I have no doubts they'll be highlighted on here before it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Gars De Sceaux & Magic Tricks. Finished 1-2 in a PTP @ Borris House on 1st March 2020, with the 3rd, Zoom Zoom Zoe, bolting up next time over in America.

GDS has relation ties to Un De Sceaux, unsurprisingly, given the name, whilst Magic Tricks is a full brother to Abacadabras. Whether either or both are seen much in bumpers the coming season will remain to be seen, but going forward they would both hold big interest for myself over an obstacle.
                    Bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Bump.

Here's hoping MT shows up well tomorrow

The sceptic in me has one concern, and that's that both horses are owned by JP and trained by GE, they could be using MT as a sighter for Gars De Sceaux. GDS, based on his beating of MT is the better animal, so they'll know where they stand after tomorrow.
                      Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 27 October 2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Here's hoping MT shows up well tomorrow

The sceptic in me has one concern, and that's that both horses are owned by JP and trained by GE, they could be using MT as a sighter for Gars De Sceaux. GDS, based on his beating of MT is the better animal, so they'll know where they stand after tomorrow.
                        Still, it's not like they are going to be hiding too much whilst on the flat though so we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                        X