Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
    The one point on Heross is Hendo has said may run in bumpers, so would await an entry first
    That would surprise me a fair bit. Thought he'd be an ideal candidate for the Triumph.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Coming out in the second half of the season is no major issue I guess. Pentland Hills won the Triumph after only appearing over hurdles for the first time in February
      It isn't the worst thing to make a late debut but I think Willie might have one eye on keeping him a novice for next season and not wasting it on a cheap win. Pure speculation on my part though.

Comment

• JackieMoon33 Have you written about that horse anywhere yet Sir? (Heross Du Seuil) - hate the name. What's a Heross? Just looks like they've made a spelling mistake.

Du Seuil is rubbish as well, "on the threshold"?

Comment

• One of Willie's potentially better juveniles does have an entry on Friday though as Youmdor is amongst the entries at Gowran.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
            One of Willie's potentially better juveniles does have an entry on Friday though as Youmdor is amongst the entries at Gowran.
            Another on the never ending list

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Another on the never ending list
              I'm holding firm with just Quilixios from April at the moment. It's never a race I get too committed to for the obvious reasons so I'm happy to miss the bulk of the prices now.

Comment

I'm holding firm with just Quilixios from April at the moment. It's never a race I get too committed to for the obvious reasons so I'm happy to miss the bulk of the prices now.
                Same as myself
                Very hard race to have any strong opinion on this early in the season, too much guesswork.

Comment

That’s what I am doing as well JM got dragged in by too many last couple of years stupidly!

Bring On The Night one I’ll keep an eye on. Although WPM’s record isn’t fantastic in the triumph I just waited and backed both Hook Up and Burning Victory on entries for the triumph, 40/1 was more than fair for half a point each.

Comment

• Highflyer have just dropped 200k on Houx Gris at Arqana on behalf of Jared Sullivan - off to PFN.

Comment

• Sectionals/splits from the two races yday(left the novice race as was no where near either)the juvenile race went quick on the first circuit around 18l on that going. The cl3 made up the deficit by going much quicker on the 2nd circuit(20l) as you would expect, the ratings of the runner up Tap Tap boom seems inflated and whilst it's early to guess Adiccis ceiling he had decent bumper form and should end up in and around the high 120s through season. Nassalam jumped the first three guessy and big but improved as the race went on, he would not of been out of place running in the hcap and would of gone very close if not winning it given the ease at which he took over and eased to the line despite going quickly on that first circuit. For me he easily ran to mid 120s (Rp gave him a 130rpr) clearly has plenty of potential and looks to at least have the engine to run in graded events in this company on a testing surface.
                      Fontwell 15/11/20
                      Times are from lead horse to landing side of the flight.
                      Juvenile race CL3 hcap
                      Landing of first hurdle to the line 15.2 15.3
                      Line to 2nd hurdle 31.5 31.6
                      2nd hurdle to 3rd 17.4 18.2
                      3rd hurdle to 4th 42.3 43.8
                      4th hurdle to 5th 20.6 21.4
                      5th to line 15.1 16.4
                      Circuit 1 126.9 131.4
                      2min 6.9 2min 11.4
                      line to 6th 31 31.6
                      6th to 7th 18 17.7
                      7th to 8th 44.5 40.4
                      8th to 9th 20.3 Nassalam took over comfortably from Shentri here 19.8
                      9th to line 16.4 15.6
                      circuit 130.2 125.1
                      2min 10.2 2min 5.1
                      Total time minus run to first 272.3 271.8
                      4min 32.3 secs 4min 31.8 secs
                      Last edited by Outlaw; 16 November 2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        JackieMoon33 Have you written about that horse anywhere yet Sir? (Heross Du Seuil) - hate the name. What's a Heross? Just looks like they've made a spelling mistake.

Du Seuil is rubbish as well, "on the threshold"?
                        I did not do a full write up as I wanted to see what odds were available first but Bet365 declined me. He’s now up at 40/1 so that’s decent enough but as someone mentioned, he may stick to bumpers this season instead.

The French names usually suck and could do with some more creativity for sure.

Comment

• Nice one Outlaw

Comment

All I have backed in the Triumph is Quilixios

Of the rest the main ones thinking of backing , depending on entries etc would be
                            • Heross Du Seuil
                            • Saint Sam
                            • Bring on the Night
                            Heross Du Seuil into 33 now with 365

Comment

Heross Du Seuil into 33 now with 365
                              Probably FatJockey members

Comment

Probably FatJockey members
                                Hope so JM, and not the hundreds of lurkers we have looking to take advantage of any useful info/excellent views we are lucky to get in here...

Comment

Working...
                                X