Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Roll-Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ballyfitz View Post
    Beacon Edge showing as non runner on Racing Post app
    Yeah I used the cash out on Fusain in the same double with Doil Ker and he emptied like a sieve!!!! 1 point lost

Comment

• Any IPL experts on here? ive backed the loser in the last 4 matches, id have done better flipping a coin. Determined to get the winner today, so Kings XI punjab vs Mumbai Indians, anyone got a view?

Comment

• Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
        Any IPL experts on here? ive backed the loser in the last 4 matches, id have done better flipping a coin. Determined to get the winner today, so Kings XI punjab vs Mumbai Indians, anyone got a view?
        I would back Kings XI Punjab myself, though expert I am not.

Comment

• Wait for the toss.
          Back in Abu Dhabi today which is usually a 150/155 deck, Mumbai got 195 here last week but that was one of the worst (or bent) bowling efforts I’ve ever seen in20/20 cricket, KKR finished 50 short to prove the point.
          The other game here was 145.

From a punting perspective if side batting first get 160+ I’d back them to defend, whether that helps you out with a Cheltenham roll up is another thing...

Comment

• I watch a fair bit of cricket so heres my two cents...

It's on one of the trickier batting pitches of the IPL, more than 162 has only been scored once this year. On that basis, you want a solid bowling lineup and some skillful batsmen, which makes Mumbai the clear favourite for me.

Kings XI's bowling attack really don't have many players you'd be overly worried about. The risk is that Maxwell or Rahul could go big, but on a tricky surface you'd think the odds are against that.

Mumbai on the other hand have Rohit to anchor the innings, still have the strength down the order and with Pattinson, Bumrah (who hopefully is finding his form) and Boult, should cause more than enough trouble.

But it is the IPL... I'm never confident of anything!

Comment

• One roll-up that I've done today on multiple Festival horses is with Sam Curran (Top Chennai Tournament Bowler). He is overpriced with Betfair SB at 100/30 (7/4 with 365 and 6/4 Unibet) and this is the current state of play:

Tournament wickets
              Curran = 5 wickets
              Ngidi = 4 wickets (dropped from last game)
              Chawla = 4 wickets
              Chahar = 3 wickets

Curran has bowled his 4 allocated overs in each match, bowling the 2nd over and around the 5th, 17th and 19th overs - generally picking up his wickets in his last two overs as the opposition batsman look to attack. His economy at 7.33 is solid and a big plus for game time is that he can bat, hitting some nice boundaries in his first two games.

In terms of dangers I think Ngidi can be dismissed for the moment after being dropped for their 3rd game, he went for 56 runs against Rajasthan (although that was at the high scoring ground Sharjah). Hazlewood looks like a solid replacement for him.
              Chawla looks dangerous with his spin in the middle overs and could be one to have a saver on at 5/1 (currently 5/2 elsewhere).

Chennai play Sunrisers tomorrow at 3pm so that market could well be "corrected" after the match.
              Last edited by Salubrious Chin; 1 October 2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
                One roll-up that I've done today on multiple Festival horses is with Sam Curran (Top Chennai Bowler). He is overpriced with Betfair SB at 11/4 (7/4 with 365 and 6/4 Unibet) and this is the current state of play:

Tournament wickets
                Curran = 5 wickets
                Ngidi = 4 wickets (dropped from last game)
                Chawla = 4 wickets
                Chahar = 3 wickets

Curran has bowled his 4 allocated overs in each match, bowling the 2nd over and around the 5th, 17th and 19th overs - generally picking up his wickets in his last two overs as the opposition batsman look to attack. His economy at 7.33 is solid and a big plus for game time is that he can bat, hitting some nice boundaries in his first two games.

In terms of dangers I think Ngidi can be dismissed for the moment after being dropped for their 3rd game, he went for 56 runs against Rajasthan (although that was at the high scoring ground Sharjah). Hazlewood looks like a solid replacement for him.
                Chawla looks dangerous with his spin in the middle overs and could be one to have a saver on at 5/1 (currently 5/2 elsewhere).

Chennai play Sunrisers tomorrow at 3pm so that market could well be "corrected" after the match.

Is he not 100/30 with BFSB to be their top tournament wicket taker or am I looking at the wrong market?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                  Is he not 100/30 with BFSB to be their top tournament wicket taker or am I looking at the wrong market?
                  Yes corrected

Comment

• Any thoughts on Getaway Trump today? Obviously been pretty poor over fences so far, but 11/8 is tempting me... if he runs anywhere near his rating he should win comfortably

Comment

• Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
                      One roll-up that I've done today on multiple Festival horses is with Sam Curran (Top Chennai Tournament Bowler). He is overpriced with Betfair SB at 100/30 (7/4 with 365 and 6/4 Unibet) and this is the current state of play
                      Thanks for sharing. I know absolutely nothing about cricket but tempted to try a couple of roll-ups with this to get a couple that are too short to back individually this far out in the book...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dandrew99 View Post
                        Any thoughts on Getaway Trump today? Obviously been pretty poor over fences so far, but 11/8 is tempting me... if he runs anywhere near his rating he should win comfortably
                        He should be too good shouldn't he but he isn't one to take short prices about (over fences IMO) - the one that interests me most is Zoffee. I think fences will bring out the best in him given his running style. I won't be having a bet but will be watching it with interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                          He should be too good shouldn't he but he isn't one to take short prices about (over fences IMO) - the one that interests me most is Zoffee. I think fences will bring out the best in him given his running style. I won't be having a bet but will be watching it with interest.
                          Yeah Zoffee looks like the one against him, especially as he is getting a fair bit of weight from the rest. Front runner and could really put the pressure on GTs jumping, although he hasn't done a great deal over hurdles. Only thing I'd say in favour of GT is that he hasn't got a great record when he is going further than 2m, back to 2m today could be the answer for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
                            Any IPL experts on here? ive backed the loser in the last 4 matches, id have done better flipping a coin. Determined to get the winner today, so Kings XI punjab vs Mumbai Indians, anyone got a view?
                            Hope you managed to get it right today!

Comment

• For anyone who wants the IPL for their rollups, I think Sunrisers should easily be favourites today but are currently evens. Good value IMO

Comment

• Ive got 4 football teams to win and shishkin today, there all winning at the moment ill be absolutely buzzin to have a big winner on shishkin via a roll up, will give me an opportunity (in my mind anyway) to sew it up early and back a couple of others at big prices..will try this with envoi and tommorows europeAn football!

Comment

Working...
                                X