Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Roll-Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
    As mentioned by gjt here Tiz The Law is priced up 6/4 for his next race in the Travers Stakes 8th August. Having won the Belmont Stakes comfortably this next race is a stepping stone onto the Kentucky Derby where he is top price 6/4 (Hills) but as low as Evens (365).

Therefore 6/4 for the Travers looks overpriced and I agree with gjt that he should be a 1/2 shot. His nearest rival in the betting, Uncle Chuck, is 4/1 however his trainer Bob Baffert was handed a 15 day suspension yesterday after two of his horses failed drug tests. This will start 1st Aug, although his legal team will challenge it.

I've placed 0.5pt doubles on the following horses:

Bob Olinger (Ballymore) 25/1 = Becomes 64/1 if Tiz wins
    Chantry House (Marsh) 16/1= Becomes 41.5/1 if Tiz wins
    Saint Roi (Churdle) 20/1 = Becomes 51.5/1 if Tiz wins
    Saldier (Churdle) 25/1 = Becomes 64/1 if Tiz wins
    Darver Star 33/1 (Marsh) = Becomes 84/1 if Tiz wins
    PTKO (QMCC) 20/1 = Becomes 51.5/1 if Tiz wins

I will likely do 1pt Envoi Allen (RSA) 7/1 as cover for the Marsh, as Betfair are joint top price. This doubles up to 19/1 and could potentially cash out for small profit once his Cheltenham target becomes clearer.

Finally one treble with Siskin 11/8 (Sussex) and Bob Olinger (Ballymore) 25/1
    = Becomes 153/1 if Tiz wins

Total stakes = 3.5pts (4.5pts inc. Envoi Allen)
    Like the look of those.

Comment

Thanks to both GJT and Salubrious Chin. I've been looking for an opportunity to get Honeysuckle onside at a fancy price for the Mares Chase. Your reasoning is sound so I've added the following treble:

Tiz The Law, Easysland, Honeysuckle - 2 points 50/1
      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

I've added a few more using the same combination. Hopefully it'll give me 4 horses onside that I wouldn't have backed in singles, and it also tops up Paisley Park that was a bit of a no mans land bet in context of my overall book.

Tiz The Law 6/4, Easysland 6/4, Paisley Park 7/1 - 2 points 50/1

Tiz The Law 6/4, Easysland 6/4, Al Boum Photo 7/1 - 2 points 37.5/1

Tiz The Law 6/4, Easysland 6/4, Epatante 4/1 - 2 points 31.25/1

Tiz The Law 6/4, Easysland 6/4, Benie Des Dieux (Mares Hurlde) - 2 points 34.38/1

Comment

4 Roll Ups for me today...

Clareyblue 7/2 & Abracadabras CH 7/1

Rushmore 3/1 & Latest Exhibition RSA 16/1

Tasaamuh 13/8 & Latest Exhibition RSA 16/1

Tomorrow’s Dream 2/1 & Thyme Hill SH 12/1

Good luck all

Comment

....Blackheath @ 25-1 in this weekends Moët & Chandon with Shishkin @ 4-1 (Arkle).

Comment

Enable today, Magical tomorrow..... that double is near evens (depending on where you can get on)

Magical in particular, she just has no credible opposition...

Comment

I’ve done some roll-ups to fill some gaps in my book using Rainbow Bridge at Grenville 9/2 and Knock On Steel at Tramore 6/1 (now 3/1). I’ll post in my diary later when I get time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Enable today, Magical tomorrow..... that double is near evens (depending on where you can get on)

I’ve thrown in those 2, Franconia tomorrow along with declaring love in the 2.50 to roll up to get some decent singles on Shiskin and Envoi as I realise I only have them in (many many) doubles. Let’s see if I can get the five fold alive for March!

Comment

Fabio Quartararo is 5/6 to win the Moto GP race tomorrow.

He won over the same track last weekend, and is on pole tomorrow.

Might be one to take a look at.

There is only 1 credible rival tomorrow, Maverick Vinales (11/8), then it's 14/1 bar and rightly so.

Comment

Could do with these kind of races more often

Fabio Quartararo is 5/6 to win the Moto GP race tomorrow.

He won over the same track last weekend, and is on pole tomorrow.

Might be one to take a look at.

There is only 1 credible rival tomorrow, Maverick Vinales (11/8), then it's 14/1 bar and rightly so.
                      Quartararo dominated the race today as predicted.

Decent weekend for roll ups, hope some others are on!

Comment

Kev, I benefitted massively from your Enable, Magical and Fabio, so thank you very much indeed. Now have Shiskin, Pic D'Ohry, Put The Kettle On and Envoi Allen for 150pt returns each all through your roll ups. Very much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Easywork View Post
                          Kev, I benefitted massively from your Enable, Magical and Fabio, so thank you very much indeed. Now have Shiskin, Pic D'Ohry, Put The Kettle On and Envoi Allen for 150pt returns each all through your roll ups. Very much appreciated!
                          Happy days.

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBee View Post
                            I’ve thrown in those 2, Franconia tomorrow along with declaring love in the 2.50 to roll up to get some decent singles on Shiskin and Envoi as I realise I only have them in (many many) doubles. Let’s see if I can get the five fold alive for March!
                            Declaring love 2nd to a Gosden newcomer 🤐

Comment

....really like this idea, already getting a decent return if Shishkin wins the Arkle that I wouldn’t normally have with a 4-1.

Comment

18:00 Windsor - It’s a given

This horse was very eye catching on debut after being forced to race very wide. She followed up to land again after showing signs of greenness. She should come on plenty for that and is being pitched straight in against the older horses so the yard must like her better still charlton is in very good form with a few winners last week plus Ryan Moore booking is all sounding very promising. She is around Evens and will hopefully get a few rollovers on her today.

A quick question for the forum and for those who have a little spare time to watch her races back (available on sporting life ) ... she has a slightly unconventional stride and I am not sure whether to put this down to her being green but the good to soft description today at windsor is the only niggle. If anyone knows much about a horses stride and whether it will suit cut in the ground would be great. Please take a look back and let me know. I think if that query gets satisfied then she’s a good thing to double any odds you may want at Cheltenham !

Comment

Working...
                                X