Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Breeders Cup 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Juvenile

Classier ew @ 10/1

Comment

• Originally posted by parimutuel View Post
      BC Juvenile

Classier ew @ 10/1
      Interesting pre-entry for Bob Baffert after debut win.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
        Interesting pre-entry for Bob Baffert after debut win.
        Yes SW. I saw him @ 14's this morning and then swiftly cut to 10's...The Baffert Factor I guess. Certainly touted as a Derby horse for next year but how he will do at the BC is anyone's guess.

Comment

• Pre-entires for the Breeders' Cup were submitted on Monday morning and will be released Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by parimutuel View Post
            Pre-entires for the Breeders' Cup were submitted on Monday morning and will be released Wednesday.
            I saw some US newspapers quoting who had been pre-entered, and those who had now dropped out as possibles, so it looks a bit more open than the shocker in the UK where entries closed for the Greatwood today, are known by “insiders” for 24-hours until released to the rest of us tomorrow.
            Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 27 October 2020, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
              I saw some US newspapers quoting who had been pore-entered, and those who had now dropped out as possibles, so it looks a bit more open than the shocker in the UK where entries closed for the Greatwood today, are known by “insiders” for 24-hours until released to the rest of us tomorrow.
              I did wonder SW, as some of the prices are being trimmed all of a sudden.

Comment

• There’s some big price hacking going on after the pre-entries were announced/leaked.

Comment

• Can’t see a lot of British or Irish winners this year. Many trainers seem to be caught between whether to send horses to champions day or the breeders cup. I suspect after this years results at champions day more will target the breeders cup. Dont usually look at the USA form till a few days before the races. Battleground and mogul seem coolmore best chances. kameko should go close in the mile and I’m sure Joseph O’Brien will get one to go close. One of my favourite weekends of the year.

Comment

• Just reading rumours that Nashville will not run in the BC sprint. I'm sticking for now until I read something official.

update: Still nothing official, so if anything does happen it will be in the middle of the night so still sticking

Last edited by parimutuel; 30 October 2020, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Breakfast at the Breeder's Cup with a great jockey cam ride @ 1:51

We’re LIVE for Breakfast at the Breeders’ Cup from Keeneland. WATCH horses prep for the richest two days in sports, the Breeders’ Cup World Championships. Vi...

Comment

• Have we got anyone on here who actually follows the american racing on a regular basis?

I like to have a go at the Breeders Cup but don't particularly want to throw money away.

Just a couple of questions at this stage:

Are these all ante-post races in that there will be no deductions for non runners irrespective of various preferences?

In the Filly & Mare Sprint Inthemidstofbiz was visually quite impressive in winning a Grade 2 over Course & Distance. Why is she such a huge price?

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                          Have we got anyone on here who actually follows the american racing on a regular basis?

I like to have a go at the Breeders Cup but don't particularly want to throw money away.

Just a couple of questions at this stage:

Are these all ante-post races in that there will be no deductions for non runners irrespective of various preferences?

In the Filly & Mare Sprint Inthemidstofbiz was visually quite impressive in winning a Grade 2 over Course & Distance. Why is she such a huge price?
                          I just did a bit of digging on Inthemidstofbiz and she did win her last race well at Keeneland, a G2 at 6F. She will be up against G1 winning opposition proven at 7F at the BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
                            I’m going to have to put this up now because I think the bookies have got this terribly wrong again, I thought they was wrong when Tiz The Law was 6/4 instead of 1/2, but Golden Pal at 4/1 for the Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint is ridiculous value, just watched an hour long interview with Wesley ward from the other day and he thinks this horse will be the best he may have ever trained, at the very least on par with the best, such as lady aurelia etc, his time in the skidmore was ridiculous, top 2yo rating of the season, his pedigree is off the charts, littered with breeders cup event winners, he won’t be seen again until the race. I couldn’t be more confident in this one, he’s one for singles, doubles and all your Cheltenham roll ups....!! Get on now, I’ll take all the stick in the world if this horse finds a way to get beat....
                            just out of interest did anyone else lump on this in anyway shape or form, although I think I could be wrong about the predicted 6/4 on the off, probably be a shade of odds on I would have thought now...!

Comment

just out of interest did anyone else lump on this in anyway shape or form, although I think I could be wrong about the predicted 6/4 on the off, probably be a shade of odds on I would have thought now...!
                              I've waited for NRNB and have now happily got him in loads of Cheltenham roll ups after a lot of the Chevely Park shorties came in(although I also lost a few due to Samcro and Aba!). I will give you loads of stick if he doesn't win! - only joking!

Comment

I got him at 10/3 with two or three roll ups for the Festival shorties, Honeysuckle, Shishkin etc, as well as 5/2 on one or two doubles.

Also took the 40/1 he wins the BC race and the Kings Stand, and 16/1 he wins the Kings Stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X