Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Newmarket July Festival 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    Mohaather at 3/1 for saturdays race is a good bet

Crowley did get him beat at ascot last week so hopefully this time he remembers not to trap him on the rail
    Get him home Dane lad

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
      Get him home Dane lad
      That’s twice you’ve popped up with a gem ... well done MOM. MASSIVE !

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
        I have never really believed in lucky and unlucky punters but I am beginning to be swayed. That's three now that could easily have gone my way.

As it is another small loss.

Finest Sound, Alabama Whitman and Equilateral all seemed to hit a wall in the final furlong and you would have doubts about all three going forward. Finest Sound was very weak in the market and I wouldn't surprised if he has regressed 7-10lbs. He was a little keen but not enough to explain the run away.

The July Cup just confirmed the sprints are up for grabs.

Of the other races the standout was obviously Master Of The Seas. I thought that was the best two-year-old pattern race performance of the season. With Qaader already a painful memory I tried to take Betfair's 25/1 but they would allow me all of £4.00. Just horrendous. I had no option but to make do with the 16/1.

Given the lack of contributions to this thread - it has virtually turned into a solo - is it even worth creating a similar one for Goodwood?

....also very impressed with Master of the Seas, tried to get on @ 25s (for the Guineas) but settled for 16s. After race quotes talked about a ‘relentless galloper’ and ‘stepping up in trip’. Conjecture, but I wonder if it could be a Derby horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
          ....also very impressed with Master of the Seas, tried to get on @ 25s (for the Guineas) but settled for 16s. After race quotes talked about a ‘relentless galloper’ and ‘stepping up in trip’. Conjecture, but I wonder if it could be a Derby horse.
          Looking at the pedigree I would have thought 10 furlongs might be the upper limit of his stamina. The Guineas would be the more sensible bet.

It was difficult to know exactly what to make of his winning debut but it now appears having what looked a pretty tough race was a plus rather than negative. Clearly he has plenty of ability but at least at the moment he seems to have an attitude to match.

Comment

Ryan Moore seems to be confirming my suspicions about him in recent years,
            since being based over here during lockdown and not having all the O'Brien horses to himself over in Ireland.

He looks like he's going through the motions most of the time. Unless it's a Group race.
            His efforts yesterday deserved a stewards I reckon.

Makes it worse that he's a mardy twat as well.

Comment

Working...
            X