Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

July Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Chris View Post
    Blows his handicap mark cruising the galway plate first...
    Not sure. The Plate , whilst worth a lot of money, doesn't seem to attract many class animals. Even if he does win, he'll not go up much.

Comment

Very much a wait for the entries job I'd say. With the big spring festivals being cancelled, well handicapped horses would have had the option of going out to grass early or marking time for big races like the Plate. The evidence so far is that the valuable races are being contested by slightly better horses but there still isn't that much evidence.
      In previous years you were likely to get in the Plate off 136 and only twice in 10 years needed to be over 138. It may be slightly higher this year with a top weight well in to the 150s.

Comment

...Lisnagar Oscar (Stayers Hurdle) popular on the ‘Best Bet’ thread so seems an obvious one to include here.

No doubt about it’s target and an attractive price.

Comment

Are we going for an Elliott theme then lads?

Can always do another one again say December ish with the Handicap plot of people wish?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
            Are we going for an Elliott theme then lads?

Can always do another one again say December ish with the Handicap plot of people wish?
            Chevely Park theme I reckon?

Comment

This might be the only chance to get Honeysuckle at her current price for the Mares Hurdle, so I'd vote for delaying the Gordon yankee to squeeze her into this months.
              Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                This might be the only chance to get Honeysuckle at her current price for the Mares Hurdle, so I'd vote for delaying the Gordon yankee to squeeze her into this months.
                ......and then they'll make a mistake and run her in the Churdle

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                  ......and then they'll make a mistake and run her in the Churdle
                  Could split stakes and put half on the Mares route and half on the Churdle. Or 3/4 Mares and 1/4 Churdle to reflect the comparative prices.
                  "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

She doesn’t jump well enough for the champion think they know that the extra 4F suits in the mares! If it was a 2 horse race over 2 miles of hurdles I choose epatante everyday of the week

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                      Is a fair point.

Honey with 3 Elliott would be fine, we shouldn't bind ourselves to a theme of other horses appeal alongside.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Gordon Elliott yankee....

I think he trains Galvin.
                        NH Chase.

Charrrrggeeee.
                        If you're looking for one at a price trained by Gordon then I'd nominate the below. I'd be fairly confident of getting the right race too.

Eskylane - Gordon Elliott - Albert Bartlett
                        Although I originally only wanted to take Ferny Hollow and Appreciate It out of the Champion Bumper, I think Eskylane ran a great race on later reflection. He’d have preferred to have been up with the pace but got left at the start. He travelled well into the home straight but did not have the pace of the front two and plugged on for fifth. By Flemensfirth he’s going to be better over further and obstacles.

Comment

Queens Brook (G Elliott) - Mares Novice hurdle 12/1
                          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

How about a beauty and the beast each way yankee - a sort of Gordon plus one:

Felix Desjy (Arkle)
                            Queens Brook (Mares Novice)
                            Easywork (RSA)
                            Lisnagar Oscar (Stayers Hurdle)

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                              Queens Brook (G Elliott) - Mares Novice hurdle 12/1
                              You love her don't you ! Similar to my relationship with Honey.

Comment

I really like Fury Road for the RSA for an Elliott yankee.

As we know the old cliche ‘bought to be a chaser’ but 3m minimum is his game and beaten a neck in the Bartlett looks good form, front 4 all look smart.

Understand there is the NHC but on paper he looks be Elliott’s strongest staying chaser? Surely the RSA would be the main target, they have easywork also but giggs won’t be scared if both prove class to chuck both in the RSA.

Comment

Working...
                                X