Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

July Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Forum Yankee

Our most successful Yankee last year was the 120/1 double placed in the summer of Envoi Allen and Samcro. We also had Delta Work at 16s for the Gold Cup in that for a mammoth payout.

That Yankee was themed on a Gordon Elliott yankee and once again I feel that is a good way to go whilst there’s no new jump form to cover. With this in mind, it’ll be the same as last year with the July Yankee as Gordon Elliott and the August Yankee as Willie Mullins.

So your best Gordon Elliott horses please lads.

Obviously.. Envoi for the Marsh is a simple way to start things off..

We can't get the inevitable handicap winners this early, but

Abacadabras Champion Hurdle?

Fury Road or Easywork RSA?

Samcro Ryanair?

Comment

Given todays discussion this is a great opportunity to get Tiger in one...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        Given todays discussion this is a great opportunity to get Tiger in one...
        Definitely Tiger, as long as its not heavy

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          We can't get the inevitable handicap winners this early, but

Abacadabras Champion Hurdle?

Fury Road or Easywork RSA?

Samcro Ryanair?
          Just to add to these:

Ballyadam/Farouk D'Alene (Ballymore)

The Bosses Oscar/Column Of Fire (RSA/NH Chase, though handicaps also likely)

Envoi Allen/Fury Road/Column Of Fire (Marsh)

Sire Du Berlais (Stayers)

Queens Brook (Mares Nov.)

Quilixios (Triumph)

Eskylane (Albert Bartlett)

Delta Work (Gold Cup)

Comment

Abacadabras and Ballyadam get my vote

Comment

My personal choice would be Envoi Allen, Abracadabras, Samcro, and Tiger Roll.
              Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

SDB Stayers and Fury Road NHC would be my contribution.

Comment

Felix Desjy - Arkle (if he runs well on the flat this evening)
                  "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

...I’ll throw Darling Daughter (Mares Novice) @ 33-1 into the mix. I dare you MoM.
                    Last edited by Eggs; 3 July 2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                      Felix Desjy - Arkle (if he runs well on the flat this evening)
                      Imagine if they clip him for the Arkle after winning a flat race.

I'll lose my rag.

Comment

Imagine if they clip him for the Arkle after winning a flat race.

I'll lose my rag.
                        There are only two bookies going 40/1 for the Arkle, the rest are 25/1 or 33's, so it would probably lead to a cut for those 40/1 prices if he won today.

Given the timing of this run (and he was entered in the Aramon race last week) then maybe he too could be headed for Galway, either for a Novice Chase or the Galway Hurdle (Irish OR 151 in his last race).

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                          There are only two bookies going 40/1 for the Arkle, the rest are 25/1 or 33's, so it would probably lead to a cut for those 40/1 prices if he won today.

Given the timing of this run (and he was entered in the Aramon race last week) then maybe he too could be headed for Galway, either for a Novice Chase or the Galway Hurdle (Irish OR 151 in his last race).
                          Doesn't strike me as a usual Arkle route, but that of course can be forgiven in the circumstances.

Comment

Doesn't strike me as a usual Arkle route, but that of course can be forgiven in the circumstances.
                            Yes, odd for an Arkle horse, but he has had 15 months off, and I think this race could be more about blowing away the cobwebs before Galway, than anything else.

I would be surprised if he stayed over hurdles. He is a 7yo, bred to go chasing, and the owner/trainer have Abacadabras for 2M Graded hurdles, and maybe not such a standout horse for 2M Novice chases (in the Arkle market priced under 33/1 Giggy/Gordy only have Easywork at 25/1 who I think would go over further, and Abadadabras at 16/1 who seems to be hurdling for another season).

Ive watched four of FD's hurdle runs back, and he definitely liked to give them a bit of air most of the time, even when a strong frontrunner, rather than flicking through them in true hurdler-style.

His breeding says chaser,
                            his dam was a chase winner,
                            the damsires 3 best winners (160+ RPR's) were all by chasers, top one being Smad Place, and all the 3 top performer by the sire were much better chasers than hurdlers.
                            The sires best NH horse is the Grand National winner Pineau Du Re.

Who knows what any Cheltenham Festival target may be, if he comes back in good heart today.

First thoughts would be a 2M Novice Chaser, but if he learned to settle he could go further on breeding.

Comment

I'm against TR for the yankee after the way Easysland kicked its arse in this years race but happy to go with the flow.

Comment

Working...
                              X