Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Spectre's Summer Special Each Way Trixie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some really good selections. I like the idea of cover for races we already have, so in last months trixies, and we've got 4 that for the bill so far.
    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Cat you guys with online accounts ask to get the Foxhunter race added to AP lists? Billaway would fit nicely into Spectre's Trixie's. I'd also put Allaho up in the Ryanair.

Comment

I agree Lobos. Billaway is ideal. 50/50 which way Allaho goes though.

Comment

Unless anyone has any strong final opinions, from the suggestions so far I've settled on the first trixie comprising the following three horses.

Trixie 1
          Honeysuckle
          Envoi Allen
          Champ

For the second trixie the following are the horses in contention based on posts both last month and this, so we need two from the following list to go with Honeysuckle:

Fury Road
          Latest Exhibition
          Sire Du Berlais
          Lisnager Oscar
          Aramon
          Saint Roi
          Melon

Unless anyone has any other 5/1 - 10/1 horses they see as winners that we didn't use last month the third trixie looks like 3 from the following list:

Benie Des Dieux
          Monkfish
          Chacun Pour Soi
          Altior
          Min
          Samcro
          Al Boum Photo
          Santini

Comment

Is nobody loving Paisley Park anymore?! At 6/1 hes got to be involved somewhere! I really like the Shattered Love shout..i really like Mcfabulous in the stayers aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
              Is nobody loving Paisley Park anymore?! At 6/1 hes got to be involved somewhere! I really like the Shattered Love shout..i really like Mcfabulous in the stayers aswell
              Paisley Park was in Trixie 3 last month Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                Unless anyone has any strong final opinions, from the suggestions so far I've settled on the first trixie comprising the following three horses.

Trixie 1
                Honeysuckle
                Envoi Allen
                Champ

For the second trixie the following are the horses in contention based on posts both last month and this, so we need two from the following list to go with Honeysuckle:

Fury Road
                Latest Exhibition
                Sire Du Berlais
                Lisnager Oscar
                Aramon
                Saint Roi
                Melon

Unless anyone has any other 5/1 - 10/1 horses they see as winners that we didn't use last month the third trixie looks like 3 from the following list:

Benie Des Dieux
                Monkfish
                Chacun Pour Soi
                Altior
                Min
                Samcro
                Al Boum Photo
                Santini
                Given we put Paisley Park and Thyme Hill in seperate trixies last month, I'm going to suggest we get Sire du Berlais or Lisnager Oscar into the second trixie this month.

Of the choices for the third slot I'd probably favour Melon, but I'd be happy to be persuaded otherwise.

There is merit in a choice between Fury Road and Latest Exhibition for example, especially given we included Monkfish last month. And whilst I could easily be persuaded that way, there is the possibility of either going to the NH Chase, whereas Melon is nailed on to go to the Ryanair. And the assignment looks slightly tougher for Aramon and Saint Roi in the Champion Hurdle than it does for Melon in the Ryanair. Against that Melon has a habit of placing rather than winning. Of all of them though I feel he has the more solid profile.

So a quick vote before tomorrow morning if you don't mind guys. I want to close the second trixie off overnight so we have a couple of days left on the third trixie. It's not a closed shop, so if you have a wildcard post it up, but bare in mind it needs to be 12/1+ and not in last months trixies. You do need to think it can genuinely win its race rather than just playing for places though.

Selection 2 - Sire du Berlais or Lisnager Oscar
                Selection 3 - Fury Road/Latest Exhibition/Aramon/Saint Roi/Melon

Please just post 1 horse for each of the selections. No need for any reasoning, unless you want to.
                Last edited by Spectre; 28 August 2020, 01:10 PM.

Comment

At the same price point, I think anyone who would back Sire Du Berlais over Lisnager Oscar shouldn't be allowed to control their own finances.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sire Du Berlais drops 6lbs and runs in the Pertemps again

I wanted to.

Fury Road
                  I didn't want to.

Comment

Given that these are each way:
                    Lisnagar Oscar - think that Sire Du Berlais will either trot up or blow out completely
                    Melon - excellent place prospects

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      At the same price point, I think anyone who would back Sire Du Berlais over Lisnager Oscar shouldn't be allowed to control their own finances.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sire Du Berlais drops 6lbs and runs in the Pertemps again

I wanted to.

Fury Road
                      I didn't want to.
                      No wonder I'm always skint....

Sure Du Berlais and Juicy Melon for me.

Comment

i thought there might have been some love for Latest Exhibition. See my diary for why he'd be a close second pick for me behind Melon.

Comment

Each way about a potential novice chaser would have question marks until he's jumped a fence in public.

Comment

i thought there might have been some love for Latest Exhibition. See my diary for why he'd be a close second pick for me behind Melon.
                            Too many options for him to run in feasibly?

Paul Nolan, seems a popular chappy and I bet he could snare a decent amatuer for the ride if they went UP in trip.... and he was a grade 2 winner over the intermediate trip (beating the hyped up andy Dufresne).

Paul Nolan was pretty clear he'd see him as a staying type and given his Albert Bartlett run that's justified... but I wouldn't have it odds on that he'd end up in the RSA.

One of THE most popular horses on the forum though, he was magnificently tipped on here at 66/1 and there can't have been many of us not on. I forgot who actually did put him up but it was a mighty fine case.

I'll look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Too many options for him to run in feasibly?

Paul Nolan, seems a popular chappy and I bet he could snare a decent amatuer for the ride if they went UP in trip.... and he was a grade 2 winner over the intermediate trip (beating the hyped up andy Dufresne).

Paul Nolan was pretty clear he'd see him as a staying type and given his Albert Bartlett run that's justified... but I wouldn't have it odds on that he'd end up in the RSA.

One of THE most popular horses on the forum though, he was magnificently tipped on here at 66/1 and there can't have been many of us not on. I forgot who actually did put him up but it was a mighty fine case.

I'll look it up.
                              I might be wrong, but I'm fairly sure it was Charlie. Where is he? Haven't seen his name appear for a while.

Comment

Paisley Park was in Trixie 3 last month Ray.
                                Hairy muff

Comment

Working...
                                X