Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Spectre's Summer Special Each Way Trixie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeysuckle any race
    APB gold cup
    Fakir champion chase

Back with paddy p allows this, the 1 any race selection

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      A horse that won a Grand National on heavy? A cross county last year on soft (same as it was this year)

He "tanked through the race", well so did Easysland?

"Expected to accelerate away".... and didn't? Under estimated hopw good Easysland is, makes more sense than him being able to "tank" and be perfectly fine until the end of the race,. for a horse with absolutely proven stamina.

When you look at how far Easysland has absolutely destroyed the rest of the field, at the ABSOLUTE WORST you could say it's a match again next year, and he's 2/1 for that "match"....

So it's pretty blindingly obvious why he's considered "a banker" (although obviously no horse is a banker).

******Just noticed I am very late to the party here
      Elliot after the race -
      "We are delighted. We are obviously disappointed that we didn't win, but I said before the race that the ground was a big worry. Once he is OK in the morning, that is all I care about. It was perfect [prep for the Grand National] and we are delighted."

So I guess there's at least 2 of us who think he hated the ground. I'm not disputing he won a national on heavy, special horses do special things. And I'm not saying easysland isn't very good. I'm saying in a rematch on better ground I would expect the result to be switched. Therefore I, personally, wouldn't want the 7/4 and don't consider it a banker

Comment

Irrespective of whether or not Easysland is considered to be a Banker, for the purpose of this E/W Trixies thread would we really want a selection with odds as low as Easysland anyway ?

From previous examples I thought Spectre had suggested Bankers with odds of at least 4-1, otherwise the place element provides a very low return for many of the doubles.

Comment

Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
          Elliot after the race -
          "We are delighted. We are obviously disappointed that we didn't win, but I said before the race that the ground was a big worry. Once he is OK in the morning, that is all I care about. It was perfect [prep for the Grand National] and we are delighted."

So I guess there's at least 2 of us who think he hated the ground. I'm not disputing he won a national on heavy, special horses do special things. And I'm not saying easysland isn't very good. I'm saying in a rematch on better ground I would expect the result to be switched. Therefore I, personally, wouldn't want the 7/4 and don't consider it a banker
          How have you got that he hated the ground from that?

Regardless, you don't have to read between the lines to also take that the Cross Country was a PREP for the Grand National, do you think they'll be targetting the Cross Country again, or the Grand National?

Trainers chat shit about the ground all the time, if he's such a special horse to win a Grand National on Heavy, he's good enough to win a second Cross Country on soft! Also, if Easysland hadn't been in the race, it'd have been Tiger Roll is unbeatable etc (as he's walloped the rest of the field).

I personally, would rather back Easysland at 2/1 (not sure why you've used 7/4) than 5/1 for Tiger Roll if I had to have one as a banker.

.... back on topic ..... Tiger Roll isn't a bad each way selection for this trixie though at 5/1 ?
          Obvious place chance (even though it's a prep) and there is only 1 horse better than him.

Comment

Tiger Roll isn't a bad each way selection for this trixie though at 5/1 ?
            Obvious place chance (even though it's a prep)
            Now you're just trolling ��

7/4 on sky bet just loaded oddschecker and yes you are correct 2/1 is available.

Hopefully we'll see in March who is right. Altho its definitely me.

Comment

7/4 on sky bet just loaded oddschecker and yes you are correct 2/1 is available.

Easysland has a C&D win on Good to Soft as well, so if you are right, I won't be using the ground as an excuse

An 11 year old Tiger Roll has got to reverse a 17L whipping that he got, against those lovely younger legs of Easysland....

Last edited by Kevloaf; 1 July 2020, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                Irrespective of whether or not Easysland is considered to be a Banker, for the purpose of this E/W Trixies thread would we really want a selection with odds as low as Easysland anyway ?

From previous examples I thought Spectre had suggested Bankers with odds of at least 4-1, otherwise the place element provides a very low return for many of the doubles.
                I'm okay with Easysland as one leg at 2/1 Nortons, but I wouldn't put him in at any less. If he's not available at 2/1 with one of the mainstream bookies at the end of the month I wouldn't include him.
                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Think Kev's onto something and the 5-1 Tiger Roll looks solid enough.
                  If either of the front two in the betting don't make it, then the other is 6/4 at best.
                  Unless something else pops up, as is likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                    Think Kev's onto something and the 5-1 Tiger Roll looks solid enough.
                    If either of the front two in the betting don't make it, then the other is 6/4 at best.
                    Unless something else pops up, as is likely.
                    If Tiger doesn't roll up then Easyslands would be 1-3 on the day

Comment

I like the Tiger as much as anyone but he was destroyed by Easysland at Cheltenham. 17 lengths is a thumping. Some of us watched him do that on multiple occasions prior to the festival and said he’d be a genuine contender to Tiger. I don’t see why TR overturns the form.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                        I like the Tiger as much as anyone but he was destroyed by Easysland at Cheltenham. 17 lengths is a thumping. Some of us watched him do that on multiple occasions prior to the festival and said he’d be a genuine contender to Tiger. I don’t see why TR overturns the form.
                        I agree with that.
                        But who is the better horse.
                        Tiger Roll is by a long way for me.
                        There is more than enough evidence to suggest that for whatever reason (definitely not the ground) he underperformed in March.

I'd still back Easysland to beat him though, but like i said previously as an antepost price - 5-1 isn't bad value.

As an example.

Who is the better horse ?

Politologue or Defi du Seuil

Paisley Park or Lisnagar Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                          I agree with that.
                          But who is the better horse.
                          Tiger Roll is by a long way for me.
                          There is more than enough evidence to suggest that for whatever reason (definitely not the ground) he underperformed in March.

I'd still back Easysland to beat him though, but like i said previously as an antepost price - 5-1 isn't bad value.

As an example.

Who is the better horse ?

Politologue or Defi du Seuil

Paisley Park or Lisnagar Oscar
                          Defi Du Seuil is better than Politilogue
                          Paisley Park is better than Lisnager Oscar

Easysland is up and coming, Tiger Roll is almost certainly in the decline now.

Nobody is going to argue Easysland is now, or likely ever will end up a better horse than Tiger Roll. even if he wins the next 3 Cross Country races he would unlikely be "better" (subjective of course)

However, next time they meet, it's Tiger Roll [now] against Easysland [now] and in the Cross Country sphere, I would say Easysland is the better horse.

Start the cross country thread already

Comment

Defi Du Seuil is better than Politilogue
                            Paisley Park is better than Lisnager Oscar

Easysland is up and coming, Tiger Roll is almost certainly in the decline now.

Nobody is going to argue Easysland is now, or likely ever will end up a better horse than Tiger Roll. even if he wins the next 3 Cross Country races he would unlikely be "better" (subjective of course)

However, next time they meet, it's Tiger Roll [now] against Easysland [now] and in the Cross Country sphere, I would say Easysland is the better horse.

Start the cross country thread already
                            Even the best horses have off days.
                            And get beat by inferior horses sometimes.

But in this example, the age/crossover would make most sway towards the younger animal.

Although aalowe was ground malingering -
                            I agree with him that Tiger Roll simply cannot have performed to his best ability. And in a rematch I'd expect he'd be at least closer.

Or did Easysland improve 30lbs ?

Sure we've been through this before though.
                            So we'll come back to it again n another few weeks

Comment

Although aalowe was ground malingering
                              Never been accused of that before

Comment

Never been accused of that before

Not the best use of the English language, but kind of makes sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X