Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Day 5 - Saturday - Royal Ascot 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the pain of losing a 20/1 voucher for Sceptical in the kings stand I went in again at just under 5/1 (boosted) for the DJ. I’m happy with that but also added Dream of Dreams at 8/1 4 places. He ran a career best in the race last year and has been gelded since. Will handle any ground and I find it hard to see him out of the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Today, in the 13:00 at Tipp, Andy Holding has napped Measure Of Magic. You can read it for yourselves, but I have decided it's an interesting angle to perhaps double her with the horse who won the race,
      More Beautiful

It is just over 14/1, so I've had 1 pt e/w on the that double.
      Like this one Kev. Added a small double.

Comment

Today, in the 13:00 at Tipp, Andy Holding has napped Measure Of Magic. You can read it for yourselves, but I have decided it's an interesting angle to perhaps double her with the horse who won the race,
        More Beautiful

Good spot Kev- Interesting to see how Aloha Star goes in that race too, considering she came from the same maiden. Finished behind Measure of Magic, but was strong in the market that day. Good enough record with 2yos at Tipp too- 11 runners, 2 winners and 5 in first 3.....a further 3 made it in the first 4....so 10 of his 2 year olds out of 11 have ran 4th or better. Not bad anyway.

Murtagh's did shape better that day

Comment

Nice one Kev, and a good angle to find to help for Saturday!

Comment

More Beautiful

Happy days nice start at 4/1.

Comment

More Beautiful

Cheers Kev, followed you in on this to top up on MB tomorrow and had a nice win of the single noticeable that the second payed a nice compliment to Mother Earth too.

Comment

Thanks, went to plan!
                Probably owe most credit to Andy Holding though

Comment

Dandalla entered tomorrow and still 25s with Sky. Worth taking just in case

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
                    After the pain of losing a 20/1 voucher for Sceptical in the kings stand I went in again at just under 5/1 (boosted) for the DJ. I’m happy with that but also added Dream of Dreams at 8/1 4 places. He ran a career best in the race last year and has been gelded since. Will handle any ground and I find it hard to see him out of the frame.
                    I feel your pain PIK but the real wounder for me was that nicking that 20/1 cost me my B365 account. When it happened I said to myself that if he goes and wins the King's Stand then it was worth it. Then they pulled him

I couldn't bring myself to mention it on here until now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Dandalla entered tomorrow and still 25s with Sky. Worth taking just in case
                      Cut into 10/1 now. I wouldn't want to be laying the 25s if it runs!

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                        I feel your pain PIK but the real wounder for me was that nicking that 20/1 cost me my B365 account. When it happened I said to myself that if he goes and wins the King's Stand then it was worth it. Then they pulled him

I couldn't bring myself to mention it on here until now!!
                        That’s a double kick in the spuds!!

Comment

....Aplomb and Arecibo for Hugh Taylor, he must be reading this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                            ....Aplomb and Arecibo for Hugh Taylor, he must be reading this forum.
                            I like him but just a little short for me at the head of the market. Gone in again on EMBOUR.

Comment

Week stats after Day 4:
                              Total Stake - 226.4 pts
                              Total Return - 229.4 pts

Profit/loss - +3 pts

Total Open - 18.5 pts

After being over 50 pts down after 2 days, and still -25 points before today(Friday). I'm very pleased to be in profit now for the week,despite it being a puny amount!

After a 4-day grind there is no chance I'll throw that all away so the 18.5 pts I already have are below, and I will only add 3 points worth to it to ensure I have not had a losing week no matter what

12:40 - Count D'Orsay 20/1 (5pl) and Golden Apollo 22/1 (6pl)

13:15 - *More Beautiful 14/1 (3pl) and Campagnelle 13/2 (4pl)

13:50 - Admiral Nelson 11/4

14:25 - Love Locket 22/1 (3pl) 16/1 (4pl)

15:00 - Not had a bet yet, I thought I'd backed Palace Pier already at a decent each way price ante post but I haven't and now it's only 7 runners I'll just leave this race now because I'm a bit annoyed at myself.

15:35 - One Master 7/1 (3pl)

16:10 - Angel Alexander 20/1 (6pl)

16:40 - Should have backed Who Dares Wins when FM put it up. Like Nate The Great but I won't be watching the race so won't back anything.

Best of luck everyone

Comment

No surprise at a small loss today. The only disappointment was the 5 non runners in the last race. Did the reserves have to come out yesterday? Somewhat defeats the object. Other than that it was nice to watch the races with no financial interest - it will be at least 13 races I have left alone this week.

Tomorrow is slightly better than today but not a lot, so even a small profit would be good.

12.40 Leave alone. Nothing solid enough at a decent price.

1.15 & 1.50 At the start of the week I had noted down four 2yo's - More Beautiful, Sacred, Admiral Nelson and Qaader. Unfortunately, they take each other on. I have sided with Sacred EW but couldn't split the other two so both Admiral Nelson and Qaader (Win). I see Admiral Nelson as a long term sprinter so I was surprised they didn't go Norfolk. Qaader should have a stamina edge. I have taken the price for the Guineas. Even if he gets beat tomorrow he should progress as he steps up in trip. At the moment Battleground is a silly price.

2.25 I don't think the bar is set very high amongst the fillies so was very happy with 9/1 Fooraat until they pulled her out.

3.00 I think it is a similar situation with the colts so went with Palace Pier EW. Gosden sending out distress signals before the race but wasn't he doing similar earlier in the weak?

3.35 A similar race to the Commonwealth Cup, competitive but no stars. It could be we have seen the best sprinter and miler running in handicaps this week.

4.10 Bit concerned they have reached for the Doyler and leaving aside the fact he never wins Summerghand EW looks the most solid option.

4.40 I know the race has its history but it really is a dreadful end to a great meeting.

I know the extra races were intended as a one off but I think they have worked well and should be repeated. I heard Jim McGrath briefly talking about it but didn't understand any of his reasons why it couldn't happen. Surely the only question is did the races enhance the meeting?
                                Last edited by kinloch brae; 19 June 2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X