Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Day 4 - Friday - Royal Ascot 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
    ART POWER in the 13:13 does look very very good , well drawn too - think I’m piling in on that to be fair !
    Yeah, he's one I've backed tonight at 3/1 also!

Comment

13:15 - Art Power 3/1 (backed) currently 5/2 - As others have alluded too, I suspect this horse is well ahead of his mark. Glad they chose the handicap route, as feel this is his best chance. Pulled the trigger at 3/1, expect him to go off nearer 2/1. In a multi.

13:50 - Flying Aletha 4/1 - Unsure as to whether she will see out the 6f at blistering speed, however, enough stamina in Sire and Dams Sire to suggest it would not be an issue. Expect her to take up the running early, and then we'll see whether she is as good as her debut suggests. Tough race anyway is little to go on.

14:25 - Eye Of Heaven 3/1 & 5/2 (backed), currently 7/4 - This would be a nice winner, backed in a couple of multiples, so fingers crossed he can go on from debut run. Get It and more so, Tactical, franked the form yesterday in the Windsor Castle. Expecting good things from this one.

15:00 - Anthony Van Dyck 9/4 - another one in some multi's, hoping it all goes to plan, despite Lord North giving Elarqam a boost with regards to form, yesterday, I do think that race was a little meddling, and was likely set up for a good finisher, which Lord North clearly was/is. AVD ran in the better prep, IMO, and I think being sandwiched by Ghaiyyath and Stradivarious is form I'd rather have on side.

15:35 - Kimari 9/1 (backed), currently 7/1 E/W (4 places) - Ideally not wanting too soft a ground, but unfortunately that looks out of the question! Would expect a good run on 'Good' or better ground. But will wait and see. Still think she's a talent, and she will appreciate the weight allowance from the colts also. Pierre Lapin & Golden Horde represent extreme dangers of course. Kimari also in a couple of multis.

16:10 - Santiago 4/1 & On Guard 15/1 E/W (backed, as Kevloaf pointed this one out), currently 12/1 though shorter in most places) - Santiago got off the mark over 1m, showing improved form, beating a horse now rated 95, Santiago only rated 94 currently. Ratings pretty irrelevant at such early stages of careers, and so much development or decline possible from any of them. Born With Pride & Berkshire Rocco's form from their LTO runs should not be ignored either, along with Al Dabaran who has been tried, and run with credit, at a higher level than many of these already. Again, another tough race, and I'm not too heavily involved.

16:40 - West End Charmer 13/2 E/W (5 places), Desert Icon 20/1 E/W (5 places) & Protected Guest 66/1 E/W (4 places) & 50/1 E/W (5 places) - No guesses for which race form line I've chosen for betting purposes in this one. West End Charmer beat the lot LTO, but I like the step up in trip for the other two I will/have also backed. Both Desert Icon & Protected Guest are getting an additional 4lbs from WEC also, so would hope they'd be closer at the finish, though still suspect WEC would be good enough to win the race.

Good luck to everyone having a crack tomorrow

Comment

I couldn’t be any more involved in art power if I tried.

Literally my biggest bet since Cheltenham. What else is a student loan for?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

Lets pray, MOM

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

Student loan on short priced fav in a 22 runner handicap....

What could go wrong

Fingers crossed though, obviously
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 18 June 2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              16:40 - West End Charmer 13/2 E/W (5 places), Desert Icon 20/1 E/W (5 places) & Protected Guest 66/1 E/W (4 places) & 50/1 E/W (5 places) - No guesses for which race form line I've chosen for betting purposes in this one. West End Charmer beat the lot LTO, but I like the step up in trip for the other two I will/have also backed. Both Desert Icon & Protected Guest are getting an additional 4lbs from WEC also, so would hope they'd be closer at the finish, though still suspect WEC would be good enough to win the race.
              Small bet on Dolphin Vista 50/1 E/W (6 places) also for this race.

Desert Icon didn't get in.
              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 18 June 2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

What could go wrong

Oh Kev dont! I had 10/1 on him that day antepost only to be chinned by a Brian Meehan horse at double carpet! Was playing cricket at the time but still watched it as we were the batting team. Couldn’t believe my eyes

Comment

What could go wrong

Not gonna lie, i thought this too Kev. lol.

Horse looked good. Handles soft. I'll watch instead though.

Comment

Haha, he's incredibly difficult to knock other than the generic 'its a massive handicap so don't back a short price'

Nothing has shown form to beat him so far....

He's in a trixie for me (Stradavarius still to run in that though) so how important he is for me tomorrow is up in the air still!

Comment

What could go wrong

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/sKLn8cY/1.jpg[/IMG

....went to the Arc at Chantilly a few years ago and got talking to a bloke on the train back to Paris. He said he owned a horse called Bacchus that was currently at home injured but watch it if it ever runs in a handicap such as the Wokingham at Ascot. Needless to say, never even noticed until after it had won.
                      Last edited by Eggs; 18 June 2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Small bet on Dolphin Vista 50/1 E/W (6 places) also for this race.

Desert Icon didn't get in.
                        Scrap this, after further delving, I backed Scarlet Dragon, instead, 40/1 E/W (6 places).

Comment

Hadn't looked at race at all, now have.

Taking 10s about Dancin Inthestreet. Handles all ground. Ran well when 2nd on debut to potentially smart Heiress.

She won her maiden decent enough, but probably indicated to me anyway that she would want a stiff 5 rather than 6. This was probably backed up on her 5th at Wolves.

First 6 home at wolves ratings.

Maystar was 91 now 97
                          Get Boosting was 77 now 87
                          Auchterarder was 87 won next now 92
                          Raaeb was 91 now 97
                          Dancin Inthestreet was not rated but runs off 83 tomorrow.
                          Kondratiev in 6TH was 86 now 94

Looking at all those 5 around her, they had at least a run more than her.

She would've won i'm almost sure the last day, she got so much trouble, handicapper put her up a bit.

I reckon she's very welll handicapped still + gets a stone off Art Power tomorrow.

I'd rather see Ciaran Fallon on, but at 10s.

I am on.

Comment

13:15 - Art Power 3/1 (backed) currently 5/2 - As others have alluded too, I suspect this horse is well ahead of his mark. Glad they chose the handicap route, as feel this is his best chance. Pulled the trigger at 3/1, expect him to go off nearer 2/1. In a multi.
                            Followed others in and added Dancin Inthestreet 17/2 E/W (6 places)

Comment

Scrap this, after further delving, I backed Scarlet Dragon, instead, 40/1 E/W (6 places).

....we all know what happens next.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                                ....we all know what happens next.
                                I'll take it on the chin.......

After I have moaned a lot on here

Comment

Working...
                                X