Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Tingle Creek 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tingle Creek 2020

Saturday 5th December 2020

Speculative, but a few of us have been talking up Put The Kettle On for the Champion Chase, and she's just come up while discussing the 2mile division in the UK and how weak it is, and that she may well clash with Defi Du Seuil in this race if not before.

I didn't realise there were prices until Lobos pointed it out, and 25/1 is surely worth a little tickle?

The trainer sent Special Tiara to these shores loads and we can put 2 and 2 together and assume that as the PTKO owners have already had their horse travel over as a novice chaser to take in the Arkle trial at Cheltenham they'd have no problem coming over either?

The 25/1 is with Unibet and 1/4 the odds, I'm going to have an each way bet on it now.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 13 June 2020, 11:51 AM.

Don't all pile in at once

Comment

I piled in after post 1, sound case made

Comment

SLASHED into 16/1 with Unibet.

I've got them on the ropes.

Comment

I followed you in on this one as well.

I think it will suit de Bromhead to get a look at Defi either here or in the Schloer at Cheltenham. I'll back her there too and get my stake back if she doesn't turn up here, and I expect her to be single figures after whichever race.

I think Defi needs two and a half, and in retrospect his season last season doesn't look as good. What did he really beat. A fat Politologue first up, and a retiring Un Des Sceaux with nothing else of note in the races. Then well beaten at the Festival.
          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

It would be interesting if HdB brought Put The Kettle On over for the Schloer at Chetenham's November meeting.
            She won the Arkle Trial at the same meeting last November, then didnt run again before the Arkle.

She was a summer novice chaser last year, and I don't think connections wanted to run her on bad winter ground, last year.
            They may take the same view again.
            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
              It would be interesting if HdB brought Put The Kettle On over for the Schloer at Chetenham's November meeting.
              She won the Arkle Trial at the same meeting last November, then didnt run again before the Arkle.

She was a summer novice chaser last year, and I don't think connections wanted to run her on bad winter ground, last year.
              They may take the same view again.
              Yeah, a distinct possibility. I'd have backed that and made the same case if odds were available but obviously they aren't.

I'm hopeful she doesn't have one run and that be that before the festival. I couldn't really fancy her for a QMCC off that prep even though it'd worked in the Arkle.

If she did reappear in the Schloer, I wouldn't be disheartened about this bet... and I'd definitely back her for the Schloer to at least cover the stake here

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Yeah, a distinct possibility. I'd have backed that and made the same case if odds were available but obviously they aren't.

I'm hopeful she doesn't have one run and that be that before the festival. I couldn't really fancy her for a QMCC off that prep even though it'd worked in the Arkle.

If she did reappear in the Schloer, I wouldn't be disheartened about this bet... and I'd definitely back her for the Schloer to at least cover the stake here
                She’s had the summer off so far, this time, and is probably limited in the races she can target, so I think it possible that she could go to the Schloer and the Tingle Creek.
                Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 10 July 2020, 04:31 PM.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

I'd say it's likely. Those two races, then a break and back for the Festivals I would think. After last season with Notebook I can't imagine she'll go anywhere near the Dublin Racing Festival for a hard race ahead of March.
                  Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Nicky Henderson has confirmed the Tingle Creek is Altior's intended start...

Comment

Nicky Henderson has confirmed the Tingle Creek is Altior's intended start...
                      You can get 25/1 with Sky for him to win that and the Champion Chase, which I noticed was a better price than 365 and I think Unibet was the other place I saw it. Not quite as confident he'll win the Tingle Creek as I usually would be though...

Comment

Originally posted by isitmarchyet View Post
                        You can get 25/1 with Sky for him to win that and the Champion Chase, which I noticed was a better price than 365 and I think Unibet was the other place I saw it. Not quite as confident he'll win the Tingle Creek as I usually would be though...
                        Took the 7/2 myself on him.
                        What else goes other than Prolitologue? Next in the market the likes of Defi & Chacun who I'm sure won't.
                        Can't see 7/2 holiding too long

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                          Took the 7/2 myself on him.
                          What else goes other than Prolitologue? Next in the market the likes of Defi & Chacun who I'm sure won't.
                          Can't see 7/2 holiding too long
                          Defi is an intended runner isn't he?

Taking in the same races as last season they've said...

He's the defending champion too, so why wouldn't he be running, have I missed something?

Comment

Defi is an intended runner isn't he?

Taking in the same races as last season they've said...

He's the defending champion too, so why wouldn't he be running, have I missed something?
                            Hmm... I thought I read he wasn't but double checking Hobbs stable tour just now he does mention it.

Regardless more than happy to take 7/2 on Altior, for me Chacun & Altior set the standard until proven different in that division.

Defi think will step up in trip this season, reckon Ryanair will be his race.

Comment

Reading Hendo's quotes '"He’s in great form now, I’ve never seen him move better.'
                              How many times have we heard this

Comment

Working...
                              X