Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Which race are you most looking forward to at Cheltenham 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technically, the Supreme.....as like most, i spend 361 days each year waiting for it

But def Gold Cup in 2021 for me
    Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

I went with Marsh because of Envoi, but it could equally be the RSA as the cream usually rises to the top.

To be contrarian, I don’t look forward to the GC, because once it is over, there is only 3 races left and the atmosphere levels go down (especially when your bet of the week falls at the last in the 28th race!)

Comment

Not confirmed by anyone yet??

Comment

Went with Supreme as it is the field I like to play mostly in during the season - novice hurdles. The bumper is also one of my favourite races as it's great seeing the best of the best unexposed horses both side of the sea coming up against eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
            Went with Supreme as it is the field I like to play mostly in during the season - novice hurdles. The bumper is also one of my favourite races as it's great seeing the best of the best unexposed horses both side of the sea coming up against eachother.
            The bumper?

To me that's like people who get excited about sale values.

Surely the point of seeing what's the next big thing is dwarfed by seeing the actual 'next big thing' be the 'next big thing'

Also, I'd argue Cheltenham is NEVER the best unexposed horses clashing ... plenty of horses avoid this specific race.

Might have to change your name from OverTheLast to "no point having a last cos I looooove bumpers"

Comment

Might have to change your name from OverTheLast to "no point having a last cos I looooove bumpers"

Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                The bumper?

To me that's like people who get excited about sale values.

Surely the point of seeing what's the next big thing is dwarfed by seeing the actual 'next big thing' be the 'next big thing'

Also, I'd argue Cheltenham is NEVER the best unexposed horses clashing ... plenty of horses avoid this specific race.

Each to their own, isn't it! I just feel i love seeing horses that have usually had maximum 3 or 4 runs take eachother on as we have still yet to see their potential and still quite a guessing game and you are punting a lot to your 'eye' and/or opinion rather than say a Gold Cup there we have seen each horse upwards of 10 times! Could sound stupid but we all love the game for different reasons and I can say I love watching a 2m novice hurdle a lot more than a lot of exposed horses!

Originally posted by Joleg View Post

Haha
                Was decent from him tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
                  Each to their own, isn't it! I just feel i love seeing horses that have usually had maximum 3 or 4 runs take eachother on as we have still yet to see their potential and still quite a guessing game and you are punting a lot to your 'eye' and/or opinion rather than say a Gold Cup there we have seen each horse upwards of 10 times! Could sound stupid but we all love the game for different reasons and I can say I love watching a 2m novice hurdle a lot more than a lot of exposed horses!
                  Absolutely...

Changed your tag line too

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

I'm also not giving up on revenge of the Tiger

So, CC might be a race to enjoy

No sure 5-1 great price until we know fitness and plans.....but that was not Tiger at his best and on best ratings in race, they are a match
                      Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Working...
                      X