Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horses to avoid for the 2021 Cheltenham festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
    So we provide you with our tips but you don't provide us with yours.
    Scooby has provided people on this site with more than enough imo

Comment

Any well presented commentary on a horse, good or bad, is useful information.

Ultimately it’s the positive information, on targets, trip, injuries, etc, that count most towards decisions on backing horses, and it’s a pity that Scooby won’t be able to freely join in that key part of the Cheltenham Festival debate with us.

I will miss his wise words on positive bets he has placed, in the build-up through the season through to the Festival.

In his absence regarding Festival bets, it’s up to the rest of us to support each other with our positive Festival information and thoughts.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
        Any well presented commentary on a horse, good or bad, is useful information.

Ultimately it’s the positive information, on targets, trip, injuries, etc, that count most towards decisions on backing horses, and it’s a pity that Scooby won’t be able to freely join in that key part of the Cheltenham Festival debate with us.

I will miss his wise words on positive bets he has placed, in the build-up through the season through to the Festival.

In his absence regarding Festival bets, it’s up to the rest of us to support each other with our positive Festival information and thoughts.
        Couldn't have put it Better myself , S.W.
        And with No disrespect to Scooby , plenty of excellent Contributors here .

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
          Couldn't have put it Better myself , S.W.
          And with No disrespect to Scooby , plenty of excellent Contributors here .
          Agree with you and SW.

Have praised Scooby in the past for his contributions, but there is plenty guys on here I take thier views on board and enthusiastic in particular when certain members make a case for a horse and or thier target. I also take satisfaction when someone posts something I already have my eye on, or makes a point along the same wave length as myself (although still open to other angles and peoples ways of thinking)

Could go on abit, but back on topic, horses to avoid it's a different angle and one at the minute I wont completely rule out. However, I will need convinced to jump onboard or to take much notice. That being said I will still take an interest by still reading what is mentioned.

Comment

Didn't win the Fat Jockey tipping comps did he... #overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Although that was tongue in cheek, there is actually some substance to it. Quite often you will see the most profitable ante post punters on here are those that are able operate throughout the season using various ante post methods (book building, cash out, laying off etc). Those same punters are not always as successful when having to bet on the day and in races they may not have a strong opinion on.

Comment

Haha where did I come? Pretty sure I was top 10 in both.

5th..... Can improve.
                Last edited by Scooby91; 11 June 2020, 09:09 AM.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

We all have our own judgements.

Scooby will list horses he’d be against, don’t see any problem with that. If someone disagrees then so be it, Scooby isn’t telling you what to back or not to back, it’s his Opinion he won’t back them at this stage.

As he’s said they may prove him wrong.

I think it gives debate of a different nature, more specific to being against certain horses.

As has been mentioned plenty of very experienced people on this forum, a lot more than myself, which makes it such a great site. I certainly feel I’ve gained a lot more experience and views over the last year or so (apologies did lurk for couple months before signing up)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                    Agree with you and SW.

Have praised Scooby in the past for his contributions, but there is plenty guys on here I take thier views on board and enthusiastic in particular when certain members make a case for a horse and or thier target. I also take satisfaction when someone posts something I already have my eye on, or makes a point along the same wave length as myself (although still open to other angles and peoples ways of thinking)

Could go on abit, but back on topic, horses to avoid it's a different angle and one at the minute I wont completely rule out. However, I will need convinced to jump onboard or to take much notice. That being said I will still take an interest by still reading what is mentioned.

Tbf one I didn't think of initially and is quite obvious in after sight. Is to put all the horses in here which aren't eligible for particular races and are priced up, or later ie the bumper . Or also there's quite a few priced up, that aren't coming over from France yet are fav or near it.

People could easily be backing them, and oddschecker indicates they are.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 11 June 2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      [/B]
                      Tbf one I didn't think of initially and is quite obvious in after sight. Is to put all the horses in here which aren't eligible for particular races and are priced up, or later ie the bumper . Or also there's quite a few priced up, that aren't coming over from France yet are fav or near it.

People could easily be backing them, and oddschecker indicates they are.
                      Excellent, I think that would be very helpful for me personally.

Comment

Along those lines then......I did see L'autonomie has been added to the Mares Hurdle at Cheltenham at 8/1 and 7/1.

Any indication she'd be targetted?

Way too skinny for me, and we know Benie Des Dieux would beat any of the over hyped French Mares just like when she beat the unbeatable

Comment

Along those lines then......I did see L'autonomie has been added to the Mares Hurdle at Cheltenham at 8/1 and 7/1.

Way too skinny for me, and we know Benie Des Dieux would beat any of the over hyped French Mares just like when she beat the unbeatable
                          Honeysuckle wins all then

Get Benie over 3m, she's gagging for it

Comment

I'd see it unlikely that she would. Altough they did mention it with de bon coeur that they wanted to go over there before she got her injury.

Heroes d'anaiy is fav yet is very unlikely to come over here.

There's one of archies in the bumper, he may know if that's the plan or not.

I will go through in detail over the coming days as and when I have time and write it up properly on here.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              Honeysuckle wins all then

Get Benie over 3m, she's gagging for it
                              Don't get me started !

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                                Don't get me started !

Comment

Working...
                                X