Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horses to avoid for the 2021 Cheltenham festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horses to avoid for the 2021 Cheltenham festival

Horse to avoid for Cheltenham 2021.
    Here are the horses that I will be adding atleast 1 daily, Of which I would be avoiding for particular races at the Cheltenham festival. and my reasoning why,
    starting with.......
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Flinteur sacre.

Comment

Great shout Scooby, I’ll look forward to reading your selections and reasoning for avoiding them.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
        Great shout Scooby, I’ll look forward to reading your selections and reasoning for avoiding them.
        I can't put up the ones I want to back, (for obvious reasons) so thought it maybe useful to put up the ones that I would want to be avoiding, and are at the forefront of their markets.

Comment

Apologies if I’ve missed this somewhere but is your tipping service going to be a subscription service Scooby? I’ve had a look at your posts on your blog but must be missing how you get to read all the content??

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
            Apologies if I’ve missed this somewhere but is your tipping service going to be a subscription service Scooby? I’ve had a look at your posts on your blog but must be missing how you get to read all the content??
            Everything is free and able to view apart from my own bets.
            Please feel free to use all other parts of the blog, Or obviously what I post on here. Which is most certainly FREE.

(only a manageable amount of members have the password to my own chelt bets, where I am basically receiving a donation to cover the ones that I can't always get on myself. Yet put all the time and effort into going through).

Please note that this is something I'm not looking to plug or discuss on the threads . very much business as usual on here, just without having an Antepost diary, or discussing what I have backed for chelt itself.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 10 June 2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Ok thanks Scooby, I’ll look forward to reading your updates. Hopefully you’ll be very busy on this page too so those looking in from the outside of the top table like me will be able to work out your bets from the horses that don’t appear on here

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Everything is free and able to view apart from my own bets.
                Please feel free to use all other parts of the blog, Or obviously what I post on here. Which is most certainly FREE.

(only a manageable amount of members have the password to my own chelt bets, where I am basically receiving a donation to cover the ones that I can't always get on myself. Yet put all the time and effort into going through).

Please note that this is something I'm not looking to plug or discuss on the threads . very much business as usual on here, just without having an Antepost diary, or discussing what I have backed for chelt itself.
                So we provide you with our tips but you don't provide us with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
                  I can assure you, I won't be following anyone's tips. I'll be using like everybody else to find out if horses are injured, any news on targets, and write ups of the preview circuit. All of which I have previously and currently am happy to contribute to myself.

More than happy for you to go through the threads yourself,
                  But I can assure you that, The only horse I backed last year where I didn't do the work myself, (apart from notebook where I stole the 40s straight after he had won) . Was column of fire where kevloaf did all the work and put him up for the Martin pipe with very good reasoning and proof of previous years races to back it up.

We had discussed that prior to him posting when covering each others notes, where we mutually discussed Saint roi at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
                    I’m not sure if you viewed the Fat Jockey forum before joining in February but Scooby is the Obi-Wan Kenobi or Messi of all the contributors. Whilst such comparisons may irritate some of the more experienced and seasoned contributors it’s fact, he really knows his black currants from his blueberries. If you don’t believe me then dig out his 2019 Festival diary and look at the selections. This forum has some brilliant contributors, I’m a complete amateur but members like Scooby are in a completely different league.

Comment

I can assure you, I won't be following anyone's tips. I'll be using like everybody else to find out if horses are injured, any news on targets, and write ups of the preview circuit. All of which I have previously and currently am happy to contribute to myself.

More than happy for you to go through the threads yourself,
                      But I can assure you that, The only horse I backed last year where I didn't do the work myself, (apart from notebook where I stole the 40s straight after he had won) . Was column of fire where kevloaf did all the work and put him up for the Martin pipe with very good reasoning and proof of previous years races to back it up.

We had discussed that prior to him posting when covering each others notes, where we mutually discussed Saint roi at the same time.
                      I understand your conflict of interest Scooby regarding the new tipping service.

From the short space of time I've been following the forum I also recognise you are revered for your racing knowledge.

But I suppose my point is that if everyone on the forum decided not to put up their tips the forum presumably wouldn't exist.

Is this a possible solution for you: post your Cheltenham tips exclusively to your paying members then put them on the forum 24 hours/48 hours/72 hours later.

Then we/you also get the fun of discussing your tips and following them if people want to.

PS: Good luck with the tipping service.

Comment

With regards to this thread, are these horses the ones you'd avoid regardless of having the luxury of cash out available or would you view them at all differently if it were a possibility for yourself?

With cash out available to myself on multiple accounts the risk attached to backing a horse is reduced a whole heap even if they turn out to be not quite as good as expected.

Comment

Personal i wouldn't give a flying fuck up if Scooby put a horse up he wouldn't back. Yes hes been very good BUT at the end of the day its everyone's choice on here to follow there own judgment. I wouldn't let anyone put me off something i think has a chance.Or are we all turning into sheep and following the leader?

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            With regards to this thread, are these horses the ones you'd avoid regardless of having the luxury of cash out available or would you view them at all differently if it were a possibility for yourself?

With cash out available to myself on multiple accounts the risk attached to backing a horse is reduced a whole heap even if they turn out to be not quite as good as expected.
                            1st of all i'll just say id like to think I'm right on these, and it's purely my opinion where ofcourse, I can be wrong.
                            More than happy for it to be highlighted if and when. Nor in fact if you want to make a case before it's ran, that I'm wrong and you have something iv missed or something you feel makes it an attractive bet. Rather than what I think is underpriced.

Extremely good point cod.

It would be horses that I would avoid all together. Whether I had cashout or not.

However you make an excellent point and I'll take that into consideration and follow that. That if you make what I perceive to be a bad bet and then it shortens, disappoints with cash out at 95%, it's technically not such a bad bet. With being able to have 20 goes at it before you've lost your stake.

Imo With this one luckily, and what I will try to consider going forward, i believe he will get found out soon enough before the likes of even the tolworth, rather than the supreme itself, and drift to well beyond what his price is now. Therefore making the cashout value worse than 95%.

Ofcourse all imo.

Comment

No worries Scooby, just thought I'd ask to see if it would have any bearing for you, best of luck with the season ahead

Comment

Working...
                              X