Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horses to avoid for the 2021 Cheltenham festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    There's one of archies in the bumper, he may know if that's the plan or not.
    Captain Kangaroo is quoted for all the novice hurdles as well as the bumper. After his win there was some discussion within the group with some hoping for a flat campaign and others looking at novice hurdles. It seems that he only came to Willie because he didn't take to starting stalls in France but in the weeks after his win he was kept in training and actually passed a stalls test to get his certificate. However, he also schooled well over hurdles and all options are still open.
    He has now gone out to grass for a few weeks and the latest word from Willie was that he'd go for a winners bumper and then hurdling. Of course, we're talking about Willie Mullins here so who knows how it will work out especially as the autumn programme is still under construction.

Comment

Sounds like a he could become a dual purpose prospect then, and if that is the case, I'm sure you guys would like to aim high, but for me he could be one that hits a big handicap pot or two. All speculation of course. We've seen him once, and a nice display it was.

Best of luck with him Archie

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        Captain Kangaroo is quoted for all the novice hurdles as well as the bumper. After his win there was some discussion within the group with some hoping for a flat campaign and others looking at novice hurdles. It seems that he only came to Willie because he didn't take to starting stalls in France but in the weeks after his win he was kept in training and actually passed a stalls test to get his certificate. However, he also schooled well over hurdles and all options are still open.
        He has now gone out to grass for a few weeks and the latest word from Willie was that he'd go for a winners bumper and then hurdling. Of course, we're talking about Willie Mullins here so who knows how it will work out especially as the autumn programme is still under construction.
        Good to hear. I put him up last night in the Novice Hurdles thread after studying bumper races for several hours. You could have saved me the time ! Lol ! Backed him at 25/1 TWAR and happy with that after reading above. Good luck with him Archie. He could be some horse !

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Sounds like a he could become a dual purpose prospect then, and if that is the case, I'm sure you guys would like to aim high, but for me he could be one that hits a big handicap pot or two. All speculation of course. We've seen him once, and a nice display it was.

Best of luck with him Archie
          Cheers. It would be no surprise if he tried the flat next year.

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          Good to hear. I put him up last night in the Novice Hurdles thread after studying bumper races for several hours. You could have saved me the time ! Lol ! Backed him at 25/1 TWAR and happy with that after reading above. Good luck with him Archie. He could be some horse !
          Thanks. TWAR definitely the way to go.

Comment

Are you willing to share how much CK cost Archie. Interested as between 8 of us we paid £20,000 for our Essteepee. Admittedly his sire was champion flat Stayer Double Trigger so that would have pushed his price up but it now seems an awful lot to have paid for an unbroken racehorse.

Comment

Are you willing to share how much CK cost Archie. Interested as between 8 of us we paid £20,000 for our Essteepee. Admittedly his sire was champion flat Stayer Double Trigger so that would have pushed his price up but it now seems an awful lot to have paid for an unbroken racehorse.
              I don't think it's confidential that he was syndicated at about 100k euro. However, previous experience would say that he cost Supreme rather less in the first instance.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                I don't think it's confidential that he was syndicated at about 100k euro. However, previous experience would say that he cost Supreme rather less in the first instance.
                Slightly different than our 20k then ! Nonetheless a huge amount of enjoyment all round.

Comment

Horses to avoid updated. I will copy all into this thread shortly.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/...nham-festival/

That could have been me writing up that lot. Agree with everything .........apart from one.......I do think F Sacre will prove to be a top horse. As you say he's done nothing to suggest that yet but I have a feeling he'll be Nicky's Supreme horse.

Comment

https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/...nham-festival/

Interested to hear why you think the RSA was a poor renewal Scooby?

Comment

Originally posted by Vautour View Post
                        Interested to hear why you think the RSA was a poor renewal Scooby?
                        I think it was pretty rubbish tbh. Allaho dosent really stay 3m. The 2nd has potential to improve but imo is low 150s. Slate house isn't top class. Tizzards other horse is a nice solid handicapper.

It's why I diddnt bother backing anything other than champ. Or to cover. As I thought it was poor beforehand. And that he's pretty good without thinking he'd progress on to win the big one.

Comment

That could have been me writing up that lot. Agree with everything .........apart from one.......I do think F Sacre will prove to be a top horse. As you say he's done nothing to suggest that yet but I have a feeling he'll be Nicky's Supreme horse.
                          You should set up a blog, website and tipping service too then.

Comment

Novices will be tough. We've missed a whole host of bumpers because of covid. And not just aintree/ punchestown. There would have been plenty that bolted up. Some form would have been reversed imo. And hendo would have brung atleast one out to the usual spot/ or aintree, the goffs landrover or up at ayr.

Anyone making a book is playing with fire imo. As they may not have heard of the winner/ be in the betting market at all.

Comment

Same applies for novice hurdlers going chasing. We have missed an awful lot. Aintree/ fairyhouse/punchestown. They're very important for form reading imo.

Comment

Enjoyed reading the blog Scooby.

Do you not see Minella Indo as Grade 1 chaser in open company. I'm surprised you rate him as low 150s. Of all the novice chasers from last season, he'd be the one I like most.

Hope you're keeping well btw
                                Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 17 September 2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X