Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

June forum yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    Not surprised. 10/1 with Hills is big in my eyes. Can't believe a horse in the Foxhunter is my second biggest 'winner' for next year's Fez. Would never have thought that I'd say that !
    Hazel Hill was up there for me this year! Think anyone with a level head would have called me mad for diving in so much in the bloody foxhunters! Licking my lips for months, and then pulled on the day! Suppose part of the game, that it could happen! But this far out for Foxhunters, not for me! But good luck guys, this race will prob be a NRNB job for me next time!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      We'll done. Billaway now with Skybet at 10/1 in their NH RAB.
      But that can’t be used in a multi.

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
        But that can’t be used in a multi.
        Sadly no. Good to have a choice of bookies for people though especially at that price.

Comment

There are some obvious horses that are big ew prices in the weaker looking races.

Put The Kettle On at 20/1, who I agree is perfect for a multiple with a winning chance but sure to place, and Thyme Hill 14-16/1 who has a nice profile of a winner and you'd certainly find hard to push our of the places are good yankee material

Putting them in an each way yankee with Shishkin and Envoi Allen looks good to me, although I would usually split the doubles, trebles and acca into separate bets.

With a top of the head calculation, half a point ew on a yankee would pay well over £60k, and if they all place it still pays over £1k.
          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Think we have had Thyme Hill already in April's, but certainly one I like and plenty of others do too at the price.

Comment

Ballyadam for the ballymore haven’t seen his first bumper but heard it was very much like the cornerstone lad defeat of buveur just left it late (bad ground also). I was impressed visually with his second bumper moved well if the hype is real 16/1 won’t last and think it is worth taking the risk in a early yankee.

Comment

Got to be Bob olinger for me for ballymore. Out of interest who do people think will turn out to be the best horse over hurdles Bob olinger or ballyadam? I think bob should be shorter in the betting than ballyadam at this moment

Comment

Liking that Kev.Lets see what MoM and others have to say on the matter.
                  As always, I’m happy to go with the consensus.

It looks good to me.

Obviously I won’t declare the Yankee as final until the end of the month in case of an injury or trainer comments in that time (unlikely) but it sounds good to me

Comment

I'll put a vote in for Bob Olinger, if it hasn't been decided already. It seems like a selection a fair few on here have got behind already

Comment

It’s tricky during the summer months to come up with a horse that is both original and still has a decent price available but my contribution would be Israel Champ in the AB. He faded in the bumper at the festival after early front running but I do feel he is a better horse than that result shows. He did have some impressive bumper form before the Festival but connections stated from an early stage they never bought him as a bumper horse. He may go chasing next season and bypass hurdles or be laid out for a handicap hurdle plot by David Pipe in the Pertemps or Martin Pipe but if I was to pin my hopes to him in a festival market right now it would be for the Albert Bartlett at 40/1. I think this horse is a very good horse and will be one of a few big guns Pipe has at his disposal next season for the graded races and I think he will be a realistic chance.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                        It’s tricky during the summer months to come up with a horse that is both original and still has a decent price available but my contribution would be Israel Champ in the AB. He faded in the bumper at the festival after early front running but I do feel he is a better horse than that result shows. He did have some impressive bumper form before the Festival but connections stated from an early stage they never bought him as a bumper horse. He may go chasing next season and bypass hurdles or be laid out for a handicap hurdle plot by David Pipe in the Pertemps or Martin Pipe but if I was to pin my hopes to him in a festival market right now it would be for the Albert Bartlett at 40/1. I think this horse is a very good horse and will be one of a few big guns Pipe has at his disposal next season for the graded races and I think he will be a realistic chance.
                        Taken the 20/1 any race with skybet on IC

Comment

Taken the 20/1 any race with skybet on IC
                          ....27-1 a/r with Hills price boost if folk are interested and have an a/c.

No strong opinion on the Yankee, except we had quite a short priced one last month. It would be nice to have one or two selections that push the odds up a bit. The Mares Yankee is interesting.
                          Last edited by Eggs; 30 June 2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I’ve covered Israel Champ with Hills in TWAR market cheers chaps. I think he has a lot of potential.

Comment

For what it’s worth my pick would be Appreciate it for the Ballymore Hurdle, believe that would be his most likely destination, the supreme route isn’t a worry for me and although he will stay I can’t see it being the 3 mile route of the Albert Bartlett, the horse has been talked up and is still double figure odds at 14/1, it’s a horse I’m tentatively rowing in on until it’s down to single figures, that’s if you can tentatively row in on something.... let’s just say I’m backing it, a lot!

Comment

Honeysuckle - Mares Chase
                                Sire De Berlais - Stayers
                                Put The Kettle On - Champion Chase
                                Billaway - Foxhunter

Retirement Fund for those not retired.

Comment

Working...
                                X