Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

June forum yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be putting the Yankee up later today (Wednesday)

As always, thanks for all the suggestions.

I have a theme for the July Yankee in mind which I’ll also reveal tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
      It’s tricky during the summer months to come up with a horse that is both original and still has a decent price available but my contribution would be Israel Champ in the AB. He faded in the bumper at the festival after early front running but I do feel he is a better horse than that result shows. He did have some impressive bumper form before the Festival but connections stated from an early stage they never bought him as a bumper horse. He may go chasing next season and bypass hurdles or be laid out for a handicap hurdle plot by David Pipe in the Pertemps or Martin Pipe but if I was to pin my hopes to him in a festival market right now it would be for the Albert Bartlett at 40/1. I think this horse is a very good horse and will be one of a few big guns Pipe has at his disposal next season for the graded races and I think he will be a realistic chance.
      Not against this one at all, and one I have noted for a run in the Bartlett too!

Difficult race to get right let alone win, but 40/1 is fair. Not backed him 'any race' as of yet though.

Comment

Have we got PTKO in any of the Yankees so far?

If not, I think we should squeeze her in before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Have we got PTKO in any of the Yankees so far?

If not, I think we should squeeze her in before too long.
          Queen Mother or Mares Chase FM ?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            Queen Mother. I can't see why they would go any other route.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Queen Mother. I can't see why they would go any other route.
              I agree but plenty of others will not...

Comment

Queen Mother, its a Grade 1.
                HdB has plenty of Mares that could be aimed at the easier, Grade 2 Mares Chase, and he has a history of wins and regular runners in the Champion Chase more than he does in any other championship race.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                  Queen Mother, its a Grade 1.
                  HdB has plenty of Mares that could be aimed at the easier, Grade 2 Mares Chase, and he has a history of wins and regular runners in the Champion Chase more than he does in any other championship race.
                  It’s been a while but this was debated to death with members pretty much split down the middle as to where she would target, so whilst my question was somewhat tongue in cheek given the views I’d shared previously I think there’d be plenty who would avoid the yankee on the basis they think she runs in the Mares chase...

Comment

It’s been a while but this was debated to death with members pretty much split down the middle as to where she would target, so whilst my question was somewhat tongue in cheek given the views I’d shared previously I think there’d be plenty who would avoid the yankee on the basis they think she runs in the Mares chase...
                    We can't force people to back the yankee can we, if people don't want to, they won't ... no skin off anyones nose.

However the idea of it, is that everyone places it, regardless of whether they really fancy it or not, for minimum stakes if they don't... in the hope that one day one clicks and we are all waiting on the same thing.

Optional, but encouraged

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                      Will be putting the Yankee up later today (Wednesday)

As always, thanks for all the suggestions.

I have a theme for the July Yankee in mind which I’ll also reveal tonight.
                      That must be some party Batmom is at

Comment

Ok so the June Yankee I’ve ended up going with an all-Mares theme because I very much agreed with Put The Kettle On and Queens Brook. From there, having read the thread, the best argument came for Honeysuckle over fences in the Mares Chase. I’m against Bob Olinger and Israel Champ for these as novice hurdles antepost in June really isn’t something in general we will be doing well from (asides from Envoi Allen last year, have we had any other winner of a novice hurdle - not the mares equivalent - in one of these antepost before the season starts?). Anyway, with one spot left I agreed that a Mares Yankee seems worthwhile and was effectively left with Epatante and Benie. Now despite Epatante perhaps being the more rock-solid play for this, I’ve chosen Benie. And here’s why.. if honeysuckle goes for the Mares Chase, you can expect Willie Mullins to push Benie for the Mares Hurdle for the penalty kick as it really should be as a grade 1 mares hurdle. Almost as a related double somewhat. Epatante is already in one of these as well and I just think the four together may be the way to go based on the thread.

June Yankee:
                        - Put The Kettle On - Champion Chase @ 16/1
                        - Queens Brook - Mares Novice Hurdle @ 12/1
                        - Honeysuckle - Mares Chase @ 8/1
                        - Benie Des Dieux - Mares Hurdle @ 5/1

Best odds - 11,933/1
                        Bookmaker - BetVictor

Comment

June Yankee:
                          Likes that MOM. I also done the one with Epatante replacing Benie.
                          Hows the head after partying hard?
                          I jest mate.

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                            June Yankee:
                            Likes that MOM. I also done the one with Epatante replacing Benie.
                            Hows the head after partying hard?
                            I jest mate.
                            Haha no partying here bud. I was actually up last night waiting for two good things in Australia. Hence not going to sleep until 7am this morning and then sleeping through half the day. Finished uni for summer now which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                              Ok so the June Yankee I’ve ended up going with an all-Mares theme because I very much agreed with Put The Kettle On and Queens Brook. From there, having read the thread, the best argument came for Honeysuckle over fences in the Mares Chase. I’m against Bob Olinger and Israel Champ for these as novice hurdles antepost in June really isn’t something in general we will be doing well from (asides from Envoi Allen last year, have we had any other winner of a novice hurdle - not the mares equivalent - in one of these antepost before the season starts?). Anyway, with one spot left I agreed that a Mares Yankee seems worthwhile and was effectively left with Epatante and Benie. Now despite Epatante perhaps being the more rock-solid play for this, I’ve chosen Benie. And here’s why.. if honeysuckle goes for the Mares Chase, you can expect Willie Mullins to push Benie for the Mares Hurdle for the penalty kick as it really should be as a grade 1 mares hurdle. Almost as a related double somewhat. Epatante is already in one of these as well and I just think the four together may be the way to go based on the thread.

June Yankee:

Best odds - 11,933/1
                              Bookmaker - BetVictor
                              Cheers MoM

Comment

Decent pickings this.. solid theme

Comment

Working...