Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Oaks 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Is there a chance that FD goes off favourite? They continue to get closer in the market.
    Has to bea big chance given the Frankie factor?

It'll come down to how strong Love is being backed when the big players get involved (and if the ground is too soft?)

Comment

Not as if it might be quite important but has anyone seen a single report on how much rain Epsom has had this week?

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
        Not as if it might be quite important but has anyone seen a single report on how much rain Epsom has had this week?
        The Going is Good. So I'd say they've not had much

Showers this evening and overnight but mainly dry tomorrow, so the reading tomorrow AM should be near enough.
        For the ground obsessives.

Comment

Ennistymon is my bet here in the double with Russian Emperor each way.
          48/1

They're both placin' ain't they

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            I think Bharani Star is overpriced myself Kev, IF that Frankly Darling form stands up. Barely much between her and Passion, got 66's and still 50's available, double (in a place) and three times the price of Passion.

Big question mark is it could be likely that if the top 2 perform to their expected levels they will all be vying for just one place. Guess I'm hoping for Love to flop, despite finding this unlikely
            Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Yeah, I think she got a very fortunate passage so was closer to Passion that she'd be if all things were equal... At 50's I'm not in any rush now... probably be 80/1 at some point between now and then and I'll have another think
            66/1 atm, so I'll have 0.5 pts e/w

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Ennistymon is my bet here in the double with Russian Emperor each way.
              48/1

They're both placin' ain't they
              Added the Heffernan ew double

Comment

I've cut back on ante-post betting in recent years. It rarely works out. But back in December I read Ben Linfoot's piece in the Sporting Life and thought he argued his case well enough. He talked of 50/1 being available but in fact bet365 were offering the 66 there's been talk of. I chose to give it a go. So you can imagine how I've been counting down the days. And now we're there. I get a run for my money at the very least. "My money", sadly, is a pittance. They only allowed me £7:50. They've laid it to lose £500 in other words.
                Screenshot_20200704-104618~2.jpg

It's only today, the day of the race, that I'm offered a cash out. No, I'm not going to take it. Call me mad if you wish.

I'm pleased to see Ben Linfoot getting the credit in this thread. In a couple of places on Sporting Life recently the tip has been attributed to Matt Brocklebank. Does that arise out of him taking over the "Value bet" column from linfoot?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyDeuce View Post
                  I've cut back on ante-post betting in recent years. It rarely works out.
                  I disagree ... and plenty of people on this forum have proven they can make it work too

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyDeuce View Post
                    I've cut back on ante-post betting in recent years. It rarely works out
                    I've cut back on ante-post betting in recent years. It rarely works out *for me*

Good luck, I hope FD wins too.

Comment

Very impressive

Comment

How impressive. Whoosh!!!!

Comment

Amazing performance, well done everybody that was on.

She wins the St Leger or Arc?
                          Or both?

Comment

Oh wow! What a performance. Congrats to those that were on!

Comment

The ground will be key. Slight negative for her chances in the Arc for me

Comment

She was awesome.
                                Took the 16's PP left for 5 minutes for the King George.

Probably go elsewhere but they may run her

into 4's now

Comment

Working...
                                X