Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Daily Flat Racing Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Gordon Richards it seems odd that Thunderous beat Highest Ground in the Dante yet Thunderous is a higher price. This seems based on the trainers are
    Stoute v Johnston yet surely Johnston is just a good a trainer as Stoute

Comment

• Interesting race in the 2.05 at Salisbury (!m6f hcap)
      The multi-talented Gumball takes on some potential flat staying hotshots in Opera Gift (only 1/2l behind Ocean Wind LTO rec 21lb) and 5 time h'cap winner Prince Alex who won a 47K York h-cap on soft in Oct 20 (has won on GF)
      I'll take Prince Alex and Gumball for this one

Comment

• 2:00 curragh

Elliptic 4/1 (boosted from 7/2)

Carravagio filly that showed a remarkable turn of foot on debut despite looking green

If she is more streetwise this time she could be tough to beat

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
          2:00 curragh

Elliptic 4/1 (boosted from 7/2)

Carravagio filly that showed a remarkable turn of foot on debut despite looking green

If she is more streetwise this time she could be tough to beat
          RP have her down as a non runner but still showing in the betting.

You'd hope that narrows it down to cadamosto and cheerupsleepyjean. Spencer only over for the one ride on the latter but I'm not really a fan of him.

Waiting to see what the NR does to cadamostos price before I decide to back.

Comment

• He's out now too lol, assuming both prefer better ground

Comment

• Anyone had a look at Chester this week? I’m going to have a walk down this afternoon & watch from the walls, hopefully there’s not too many other people with the same idea as me!

Comment

• 6.30 Gowran.

Ubuntu is the clear form pick but possibly hasn’t progressed from 2 to 3. There are a few well bred types in here but I’m inclined to side with Rosscarbery. It’s not often the sea the stars progeny don’t improve with age so I’m taking her to improve past Ubuntu and win today. Also still has an Irish oaks entry.

Rosscarbery 8/1

Comment

• All over Zoltan Star in the 4:15 at Chester

His debut 2nd has produced 3 winners and a second in behind him, 2 of the winners over the Guineas meeting. Inside draw aswell

Comment

• Chester bets I've placed:

Today
                    13.45 - Copper Knight
                    14.45 - Aleas
                    15.45 - Spirit Dancer

Tomorrow
                    13.45 - Grove Ferry / Ascension
                    14.15 - Armoury
                    14.45 - Not So Sleepy / Falcon Eight
                    16.20 - Elysian Flame

Good luck!

Comment

• Blakeney point at 50-1 has more going for him than the price suggests.
                      went off 4-1 fav for this race 4 yrs back when with roger charlton.
                      has won on the course 2/3 times and one of those when rated 105.
                      drawn in 4 - so if he gets away on terms should hold a position.
                      trainer has won the race a couple of times too.
                      don’t think ground matters but handles soft better than some of the other runners.
                      ive gad a nibble anyway
                      reshoun also
                      and hochfeld

Comment

• Chester cup
                        Falcon eight 7/1
                        Chester plate
                        Grandmaster flash 13/2
                        3:45
                        Fox tal 9/2

I'm really keen on fox tal, he has some proper group 1 form with a close 4th behind magical and adeyybb in the champion stakes

He pulled like a train in every race last season giving himself no chance

He has now been gelded and is wearing a first time hood, if those work and he settles then he is thrown in off 104 (11bs lower than his peak rating)
                        Last edited by FinalFurlong91; 6 May 2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I'm really keen on fox tal, he has some proper group 1 form with a close 4th behind magical and adeyybb in the champion stakes

He pulled like a train in every race last season giving himself no chance

He has now been gelded and is wearing a first time hood, if those work and he settles then he is thrown in off 104 (11bs lower than his peak rating)
                          With you 100% on this. I genuinely think Fox Tal has enough raw ability where he could win this even with his quirks, so when I saw 5.8 on the exchange I jumped on it.

It's quite a good punting day IMO, compared to the first two.

Revich from stall 1 with that course form was a gift at 5/2 and has been punted, rightly so.

Armory is being backed like the good thing he is and I expect him to win.

Chester Cup looks tough. I'm going with outsiders in Themaxwecan @ 40, Blakeney Point @ 60, and Rochester House @ 23

El Astronaute looked a decent price to me at 11/8 drawn 4. I've had to nibble the two rank outsiders both @ 1000 as they are drawn 1 and 3, and its 5f at Chester

Elysian Flame looks the bet @ 5/1, even with a penalty.
                          Revich, Armory, El Astronaute treble please.

GLGL all

Comment

• I'm hoping to see sangarius run a good race, he has loads of talent but they've clearly had loads of problems with him

a close second to armory would be a good start to his season

Comment

• Fox tal gubbed on the line by one of the outsiders

you love to see it

Comment

Fox tal gubbed on the line by one of the outsiders

you love to see it
                                Gutting. Flat racing ladies and gentleman.

Comment

Working...
                                X