Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Daily Flat Racing Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ...Scooby’s first of the day just went in.
    Scooby running riot again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      In short, no, just manually checking through runners.

In the 2.20, there are 5 (which is a lot) and one of them is the fav, so done nothing with her.

At the moment, I'm waiting for the 'without' and 'extra place' markets.
      Of the 5 horses, they finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 11th.

No prizes for guessing which of the 5 I put up on here

Comment

• Coming 2nd is starting to be the norm for me today! No energy to make a pun just frustrating!

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
          Mohawk King 1st 7/1
          Chindit 1st 10/1
          Evening Sun 3rd 6/1

Managed to add the second winner this time for a tidy profit.

Mohawk King won a shade comfortably and would have won even easier with a clear run. Relatively small with a decent attitude. The first two in first two races look worth keeping onside.

Chindit looked very professional and also won with something to spare. It will be disappointing if can't at least find a Grade 3.

Evening Sun was disappointing and slightly fortunate to get the place as for a moment it looked as if Moore wasn't very interested in the difference between third and fourth.

Following Sir Busker and Positive another shocker from Murphy on Ebury. I am not sure what was in his mind. Instead of committing for the gap he appeared to say after you which inevitably led to horse being hampered and the jock easing off. Only one the favourites who didn't turn up.

The well supported Mascat was just as bad. Seemingly well placed he stopped as if shot. Even dropped in trip I wouldn't give him another chance.

Enable travelled much better today but impossible to gauge the merit of the performance with Japan running a shocker.

Three tomorrow and waiting on a price for another:-

Hyperfocus EW
          Gold Wand EW
          Sam Cooke EW

Had hoped for plenty of rain at York, particularly for Hyperfocus. Unfortunately, it hasn't materialised. After being well backed and disappointing at Newmarket's July meeting Sam Cooke already moving towards the last chance saloon. He has halved in price after final declarations.
          Sam Cooke 2nd 5/1
          Gold Wand 2nd 7/1

For a small losing day. The crossbar reappears again. Different jocks and different circumstances and it could have been 2-3 winners.

Sam Cooke had the run of the race and still couldn't win. Crowley far more than a short head better than Bentley who amazingly skipped a ban for continually failing to switch his whip. Had he won he would surely have been disqualified.

Gold Wand was in with every chance until Atzeni thought it was a good idea to switch his whip with the result the horse horse ducked left and lost the momentum she had built. Really poor.

Tiger Crusade was victim of what some people refer to as a jockey's race but I prefer to call a bookmaker's race because basically form is thrown out the window. Someone just sets an absolute dawdle and the rest of them do absolutely nothing. Tiger Crusade will need to find a race with pace, possibly on a flat track.

Given the opportunity I would have cashed Hyperfocus but to fair he has run well having been inconvenienced by the ground and racing alone. There was definitely enough enthusiasm under a new jock to suggest he can win again when conditions are in his favour.

Comment

• I was surprised to see the price of Time To Study in the 6.45 at Galway tomorrow. Taken 100s where I can and will look at enhanced places tomorrow.

I had to check it was the same horse that had done me a few favours last season as did not know he had changed hands. I don't know much about the trainer but if fit and well, the horse should run well from a mark of 93 after taking into account the jockey's claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungHustler View Post
              I was surprised to see the price of Time To Study in the 6.45 at Galway tomorrow. Taken 100s where I can and will look at enhanced places tomorrow.

I had to check it was the same horse that had done me a few favours last season as did not know he had changed hands. I don't know much about the trainer but if fit and well, the horse should run well from a mark of 93 after taking into account the jockey's claim.
              Trainer is embarrassingly poor. 0 winners on the flat in 5 years. He’s had horses that have shown a lot of ability previously too.

Comment

• 6.15 Galway - Lariat

A sea of blue this morning but now back out again with some firms. I just can't have it that he's deteriorated so much from 3 to 4 and hope it's more the case that connections are waiting for a big pay day and that today is the day. He'll get soft ground for the first time this season today and I think he should be in the mix if reproducing form like last year where he came second to the likes of Sam Cooke and Durston at a time when they were well handicapped. He's now dropped to 79 and I notice that the trainer had Saltonstall move to him in 2019, showed very little in a few races before winning at Galway last year. May just be a coincidence but who knows, therefore worth an EW poke IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungHustler View Post
                  6.15 Galway - Lariat

A sea of blue this morning but now back out again with some firms. I just can't have it that he's deteriorated so much from 3 to 4 and hope it's more the case that connections are waiting for a big pay day and that today is the day. He'll get soft ground for the first time this season today and I think he should be in the mix if reproducing form like last year where he came second to the likes of Sam Cooke and Durston at a time when they were well handicapped. He's now dropped to 79 and I notice that the trainer had Saltonstall move to him in 2019, showed very little in a few races before winning at Galway last year. May just be a coincidence but who knows, therefore worth an EW poke IMO.
                  Rory Fitzgerald (Twitter) put this one up last night I believe, he usually has a fair few followers, so could be the reason for the odds collapsing, as I'd imagine it wouldn't take a whole heap of money at the price it was to move it, with the current day bookmakers.

Comment

• Graeme Rodway (RP) put it up aswell (LARIAT)

Comment

• All 3 Mcguiness runners getting backed today.

Eglish
                      War Hero
                      Lariat

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                        All 3 Mcguiness runners getting backed today.

Eglish
                        War Hero
                        Lariat
                        Two of them have been heavily talked up on twitter!

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                          Two of them have been heavily talked up on twitter!
                          Worth an each way treble.

Comment

• when did ladbrokes and coral leave oddschecker ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                              when did ladbrokes and coral leave oddschecker ??
                              Few weeks I think, it's a bit annoying.

Ultimately it means they're less likely to get my business, but from there side they'd only be getting it whenever they were biggest price...

So I suppose they've made the decision themselves, based on lots of like-minded people?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Few weeks I think, it's a bit annoying.

Ultimately it means they're less likely to get my business, but from there side they'd only be getting it whenever they were biggest price...

So I suppose they've made the decision themselves, based on lots of like-minded people?
                                Pretty sure you also pay oddschecker commission too, so probably much better to foster retention amongst existing customers

Comment

Working...
                                X