Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Daily Flat Racing Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I can't get away from a little tickle on Anthony Van Dyke today.

The Derby winner is 8/1 in a 7 runner field. Of which:

Alounak wasn't prolific in Germany so I am not worried about him today. The other 50/1 shot is Desert Encounter who is only 0.5L better than Alounak when they met and I don't think even his best form gives him the right to win here.

Broome may well be a pace maker? Wasn't far behind AVD in The Derby and was staying on well. Have considered him at 14/1 too.

Stradivarius is surely not going to put his best hoofs forwards today, with a crack at the Gold Cup in a couple of weeks in mind? Others may say it's a trip short of his best today but that isn't a major issue for me, I think this trip is fine... but I just think hthey won't go all out to win this today given the proximity of Ascot.

Defoe won this last year and is clearly respected on that but he beat Kew Gardens who I think needs further and coming up against a Derby Winner compared to a St Leger winner is a tougher task.

Ghaiyyath as fav is just not something I can get behind. I personally think he's grossly over rated. A win today will force me to change my mind and while he's clearly in with a good chance as the market suggests, I am surprised at the price and the confidence in him to deliver. He's the RP Nap for example. Don't quite get it myself.

Not a race I'll go nuts in, just a 1 pt win on Anthony Van Dyke in the hope he bounces back to his best (which is by no means a given) to beat his stable mate, two rank outsiders, a horse having a prep for Ascot, last years winner in a hotter race and a hype horse.

Easy
    Can see the angle Kev, I’m going with Broome. Front two worth taking on.

Comment

I found 7.5 pts in my Coral account and eventually went with Ghaayath 6/4 doubled with Pinatubo tomorrow @ 10/11.
      Mug bet

An account cleaning bet is never a good idea - as it lacks confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
        Can see the angle Kev, I’m going with Broome. Front two worth taking on.
        Just considering 10/1, 3 places for Broome... but I think I might just add 0.5 win at 14/1.

In fact, I will

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Not so much a tip, as rarely get involved in the flat racing, but I am more partial to a bet on one at a price when SkyBet do their refund offers for finishing 2nd, sometimes 3rd too, so Newmarket 1.50 I've chucked some pennies at Gulliver at 18/1.
          Went well Seeing a 40/1 stroll in like it was childs play reminded me why I rarely bother with the flat

Comment

I was impressed with English King in the Lingfield Derby trial and took 16/1 B365 (in to 11/1)

Comment

Originally posted by Pendil View Post
              I was impressed with English King in the Lingfield Derby trial and took 16/1 B365 (in to 11/1)
              I did the same

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                I found 7.5 pts in my Coral account and eventually went with Ghaayath 6/4 doubled with Pinatubo tomorrow @ 10/11.
                Mug bet

An account cleaning bet is never a good idea - as it lacks confidence.

Doesn't look so bad now.

Impressive performance...

Anthony Van Dyke van very well there but bumped into one that was substance not hype

I didn't believe Ghayyath's rating but I can admit that needs re-assessing now on my part.
                Last edited by Kevloaf; 5 June 2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Doesn't look so bad now.

Impressive performance...

Anthony Van Dyke van very well there but bumped into one that was substance not hype

I didn't believe Ghayyath's rating but I can admit that needs re-assessing now on my part.
                  Think the quick ground and tailwind is having an impact today.
                  Unless they go too way too fast.
                  Nothing is really coming from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                    Think the quick ground and tailwind is having an impact today.
                    Unless they go too way too fast.
                    Nothing is really coming from behind.
                    Yeah that has been notable. Hope that's the case for Raffle Prize on Sunday

Good ride from Buick. Hope the double lands.

I'm going to get very drunk today, wake up early with a hangover and get stuck in to Saturday/Sunday's racing for the first time 'this season'.

I've only had 38 bets since the end of Cheltenham, and 8 of those were on the Virtual Grand National

Comment

I've backed far above in the 1-50 tomorrow but also had a very speculative go on

Dark Shot 125-1 (boosted 160-1) Ladbrokes 0.5pt ew 4 places.

Only really a mid 80's horse, but looks well handicapped -
                      But runs shit in handicaps and tends to run his best races in conditions/listed races, finishing upsides good 100+ rated sprinters like caspian prince & Copper Knight.
                      If he gets away well and is up with the pace near the rail and we have another tailwind he may well finish placed. Should others not get the run of the race.

Fully entitled to be outclassed though.

Comment

I'm going to get very drunk today, wake up early with a hangover and get stuck in to Saturday/Sunday's racing for the first time 'this season'.

I've only had 38 bets since the end of Cheltenham, and 8 of those were on the Virtual Grand National
                        That's my plan too, Kev. I'm genuinely excited to have racing back on a Saturday.

Withold is going to be my main horse tomorrow - I know I'm getting suckered in big time. Goes well fresh, won at Newcastle and Roger had a winner today.

I took a little big of 7/1, had a bigger bet at 11/2 each way 4 places and think I'll be backing him again.

Also backed Far Above in the 1:50 tomorrow.

Comment

That's my plan too, Kev. I'm genuinely excited to have racing back on a Saturday.

Withhold is going to be my main horse tomorrow - I know I'm getting suckered in big time. Goes well fresh, won at Newcastle and Roger had a winner today.

I took a little bit of 7/1, had a bigger bet at 11/2 each way 4 places and think I'll be backing him again.

Also backed Far Above in the 1:50 tomorrow.
                          Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 5 June 2020, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                            Me too , it's 8-1 now i think Pendil , i was on Berkshire rocco.

Comment

James Tate has been very positive on FAR ABOVE describing him as the fastest he’s ever trained in a recent interview. He’s pitched in against some very fast and experienced horses Saturday but they are handicappers at the end of the day so he could have too much for these. Been well supported opening at 10/1 and now best 13/2.
                              Very much liked him too. Just not sure i'll back him at the price now, as i've missed the fancy ones.

Just letting you know he’s 40/1 on 365 for kings stand with the cashout option if interested.
                              Trainer said he can't stand much racing, so unless he hoses up here + leaves them with little choice, i can't imagine them backing up so fast?

PS- it's not the jumps, but good to see a bit of chat around the flat season on here, thanks Kev!

Comment

Romero EW 10/1 in the Newmarket 5.20

I think this Gelding could be well ahead of his mark of 85. He made an impressive winning debut before paying the price for trying to keep up with Siskin and Monarch of Egypt in the G2 Railway stakes. LTO not beaten far by the classy Lord of the lodge off level weights on the all weather. He’s now pitched into a handicap off of 85 which underestimates him. Good luck today Pinatubo. The Guineas is a no bet for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X